Contaminated Evidence or New Knife Found at Crime Scene?

Let me try to clarify the misconception that there are two kitchen knives.

On July 16 the Pontiac was sealed and transported to the Forensics garage. When it arrived Det. Beasley provided the CSI II a plastic bag containing:
Doll
Backpack
Child's tooth brush
Black leather bag
Various papers
Dinner knife
Blue plastic crate
Plastic clothes hangers
The above are articles 3 - 10 in Item # H-51975.

On Dec 16., Melich and Edwards visit the CSI-II and collect the following items from Item # H-51975:
Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles
Pull-ups "with flower design" collected from back pack "Adorable"
Stainless steel knife.
Note that the items requested on Dec. 16 were recovered from the Pontiac on July 16. :eek:

So what is going on? Simple...

1. The garbage bag was requested to see if it matches up with the one found with the body.
  2. The pull-ups were requested to see if they match one found with the remains.
  3. The knife was requested to see if it was used to cut the duct tape.
IMHO...

Just on my local news WTAE PITTSBURGH CANNEL 4.............the reporter just said what was inside the bag that Caylee was in..........yes there was a stainless steel knife!

The other knife was in the trunk that CA washed and put back in her drawer with other knives. CA claimed it was a butterknife......................do we believe CA at all?
NOT ME! well there were 2 knives..........and on JVM, Mark said 'slicing' one time with words like you know those nuns would want it videoed.............was it real, clothes showed slicing? the velveeta cheese? after death? What kind of stainless steel knife??
Does it say anywhere like how long? etc? TIA

Nothing in the document dump yesterday inventories what was found at the crime scene. IMHO, the reporter has misread the forensic narrative. Would not be the first time the media has made a simple mistake.

[*]The pull-ups were requested to see if they match one found with the remains.

No pull-ups were found with the body. The pull-ups were inside the "Adorable" backpack from the car. It's another WFTV/Sheaffer error.

No pull-ups were found with the body. The pull-ups were inside the "Adorable" backpack from the car. It's another WFTV/Sheaffer error.

Are you sure? I have not seen an inventory of evidence collected at the site. So, right now it is an educated guess, but I am betting that is why Yuri requested them.

Let me try to clarify the misconception that there are two kitchen knives.

On July 16 the Pontiac was sealed and transported to the Forensics garage. When it arrived Det. Beasley provided the CSI II a plastic bag containing:
Doll
Backpack
Child's tooth brush
Black leather bag
Various papers
Dinner knife
Blue plastic crate
Plastic clothes hangers
The above are articles 3 - 10 in Item # H-51975.

On Dec 16., Melich and Edwards visit the CSI-II and collect the following items from Item # H-51975:
Stainless steel knife.
Note that the items requested on Dec. 16 were recovered from the Pontiac on July 16. :eek:

So what is going on? Simple...

1. The garbage bag was requested to see if it matches up with the one found with the body.
  2. The pull-ups were requested to see if they match one found with the remains.
  3. The knife was requested to see if it was used to cut the duct tape.
IMHO...

Thank you for posting this. There has ben a lot of confusion regarding these items.

When you read the WFTV article, you can see the nature of Sheaffer's errors. He thought the H-51975 items were found at the crime scene. That's why he says that a knife, backpack and pull-ups were found with the body.

JWG, Sheaffer thinks these items were found with the body:

Stainless steel knife.

This is also why the WFTV article says that the body bag had yellow pulls.

So.......these things are Caylees? Then, when Z jumped KC at the park did see say " Oh by the way give me Caylee's stuf to go with her."

JWG, Sheaffer thinks these items were found with the body:

Stainless steel knife.

This is also why the WFTV article says that the body bag had yellow pulls.

Yes, I can see where he made the error. I do believe, though, the reason the bag was requested on Dec. 16 was to see if they could match it up.

Nothing in the document dump yesterday inventories what was found at the crime scene. IMHO, the reporter has misread the forensic narrative. Would not be the first time the media has made a simple mistake.

Again, I agree.

As I mentioned earlier, the forensics report lists a visit to the remains site by CSI-II Gerardo B. on Thursday Dec. 11, 2008 at which time he observed the remains.

The following entry is for Tuesday Dec. 16, 2008, when at the "Evidence Section", he collects items from "Art # 1,Item # H-51975 (Sealed box), which JWG has correctly pointed out contains evidence collected earlier from the car.

I read this about the same time that the WFTV report claimed the knife, pull-ups,etc. were found with the remains and I thought at the time that because they were in a hurry to get the report out they had not read the docs carefully enough.

As we all know, small rumors can GREAT FACTS become. I think WFTV started with a bad report, Sheaffer perpetuated it, and apparently others are pushing the snowball.

Are you sure? I have not seen an inventory of evidence collected at the site. So, right now it is an educated guess, but I am betting that is why Yuri requested them.

Now the question of WHY these items were pulled is a good one. Will wait expectantly

Again, I agree.

As I mentioned earlier, the forensics report lists a visit to the remains site by CSI-II Gerardo B. on Thursday Dec. 11, 2008 at which time he observed the remains.

The following entry is for Tuesday Dec. 16, 2008, when at the "Evidence Section", he collects items from "Art # 1,Item # H-51975 (Sealed box), which JWG has correctly pointed out contains evidence collected earlier from the car.

I read this about the same time that the WFTV report claimed the knife, pull-ups,etc. were found with the remains and I thought at the time that because they were in a hurry to get the report out they had not read the docs carefully enough.

As we all know, small rumors can GREAT FACTS become. I think WFTV started with a bad report, Sheaffer perpetuated it, and apparently others are pushing the snowball.

Now the question of WHY these items were pulled is a good one. Will wait expectantly

So, again, someone should contact K. Belich @ WFTV. I can't, I'm at work. They should be made aware of this so the reporting can be stopped and/or corrected.

It seems like a pullup or remnants of one should have been with the remains...a shirt, shorts, shoes were found. A complete outfit is recovered so it just seems a pullup should be there too.

Where did you see that shoes were recovered? We have been discussing those and we must have missed it!

Thought it said: top, white shorts with vertical stripes, white shoes. I looked at wftv, wesh, foxorlando, orlando sentinel and cfl news. Hard to say which at this point.

So, again, someone should contact K. Belich @ WFTV. I can't, I'm at work. They should be made aware of this so the reporting can be stopped and/or corrected.

Well, I sent her an email. We'll see what happens.

The trash bag from the car was picked up by LE from the dumpster @ Amscot the night/early morning Caylee was reported missing. If the knife was in the bag, the bag went with LE and Cindy would not have seen it.

The trash bag from the car was picked up by LE from the dumpster @ Amscot the night/early morning Caylee was reported missing.

You are talking about a white plastic trash bag full of garbage from AL's house. It was in the trunk at Amscot, and the manager tossed it out for GA.

If the knife was in the bag, the bag went with LE and Cindy would not have seen it.

The dinnerware knife was not in the white trash bag full of garbage. It was somewhere else in the car and was later removed at the house (along with boots, jeans, backpack, purse, baby seat, etc).

They may have found a pull up with the body and wanted to compare it to the ones that she had. Maybe they wanted see if the knife was used to cut the duct tape?

Where did you see that shoes were recovered? We have been discussing those and we must have missed it!

Well, scratch the shoes then. Shirt, shorts...where are the pullups? I take it as the body was clothed when put in the laundry bag. Makes sense to me that as the body decomposed what would be left is the clothes among the remains. I dunno.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juskitten
Back