Conversation Between Casey and Parents Aug 14 I was in Lake County

Okay I am so sorry but I am not following. can you tell me the topic please?

Err, it's not just you babe..

:waitasec:

I am also a wee bit confused with the topic myself. I would love to yammer away but I need a tad more direction.

My apologies If I am slower than normal this eve and this is painfully obvious..

I thought the lake county reference was to the house they own. is that not right?

just before she mentions lake county, cindy said something like; i've been thinking of all the places you mentioned' ... in a previous visit with lee, casey told him to 'ask mom about the places i've mentioned'.

i think she was trying to decode her cryptic messages. imo

casey got mad because she doesn't want to answer questions. imo

If it was anyone but Casey I would consider her reaction very normal. Now just suppose for moment that she didn't do what she was accused of and someone from your family was constantly asking you for answers. You didn't have the answers and know full well they don't believe it. You are fighing to maintain you self control because you are scared chitless that you are being set up. Your parents don't believe you, your old friends don't believe you ,and you are in a cell alone 24 seven. Your lawyer has told you time and again be careful what you say because everything is public.. words can be misconstrude and you cannot take them back if they are on tape for everyone to see. You are happy to see your parents, hoping for a friendly face.. instead they are crying and asking you for answers you do not have.
Wouldn't you be just a little frustrated and upset?
Just a thought.
I am not saying she is not guilty, I am only saying that in some ways I do understand why she was frustrated and upset.

Yes - if you were innocent you would feel that way. You would also feel that way if you were guilty and tired of thinking up lies to not answer questions directly! I frankly go with the latter. She is frustrated because they won't "drop it" like she wants them to. Notice how she kept saying she has been in jail for a month. She doesn't know anything because she hasn't been in contact with anyone for a month. She is like "Geez - why do you keep asking me when I obviously can't tell you anything because I have been in here?!!!" But what G&C don't say is that they aren't asking what new info she has...they are asking what happened. And that hasn't and won't change, no matter how long she is in there. But she skirts that issue and they aren't confrontational enough to press her further. Probably rightfully so - because she would storm off and they would get nothing.

She is frustrated because they won't accept her lame story about the nanny. She is frustrated because they won't stop asking questions and just accept what she has told them. She is frustrated because SHE IS THE VICTIM and they don't get it. (Ugh)

Lake County is also where the woman lives that claimed she saw Caylee at the airport in Orlando. I dont know that has anything to do with why KC got so upset..

Conversation Between Casey and Parents Aug 14 I was in Lake County two days ago made Casey want to get up and walk away from the Visit. Looking into what is in Lake County it is said that is where Casey's grandfather lives at Mt.Dora. Now, it is said that Annie, Casey's best friend lives on Lake Mary, could this have any connection? Again, Annie's is one of the transcripts that have not been released and she is known as Casey's best friend. Thoughts?

Snipped for space...

I wondered the same thing when I listened to the tape.

Only connection I could make was with F McK - he lives is Clermont which is in Lake County, I believe. But, I don't know why Cindy would mention it, in relationship to F McK?

We might be in the minority, but I really believe there was a reason for her saying that...could be wrong though!

It is things like CA's questions that makes me believe that CA didn't know what happened up until KC got out. And KC complained several times about being interrogated by both LA and CA. IMO when CA asked this question, KC couldn't think of a way to turn it to her advantage, so she got angry and made to storm out. She knew it would shut CA up and it did.

My ex used to do that when I asked him something he didn't want to talk about (felt guilty about usually.) Even if I wasn't angry at the point I asked the question. Right away he would get angry and it would end up an argument or a fight or I would just shut up to prevent the argument. It took me a while to catch on, that when he got angry like that, it usually meant he didn't have a story yet and didn't want to talk about it.

Lake County didn't match KC's script. And CA wasn't asking the questions the way she should have according to the script. So that made KC mad. And she didn't want to talk about Lake Cty.

It is things like CA's questions that makes me believe that CA didn't know what happened up until KC got out. And KC complained several times about being interrogated by both LA and CA. IMO when CA asked this question, KC couldn't think of a way to turn it to her advantage, so she got angry and made to storm out. She knew it would shut CA up and it did.

My ex used to do that when I asked him something he didn't want to talk about (felt guilty about usually.) Even if I wasn't angry at the point I asked the question. Right away he would get angry and it would end up an argument or a fight or I would just shut up to prevent the argument. It took me a while to catch on, that when he got angry like that, it usually meant he didn't have a story yet and didn't want to talk about it.

Lake County didn't match KC's script. And CA wasn't asking the questions the way she should have according to the script. So that made KC mad. And she didn't want to talk about Lake Cty.

Yep - I think Casey made it pretty clear she didn't want them asking any more questions. She was done with interrogations and had nothing else to offer. Too bad she couldn't have asked a few questions herself. She should have started with..."any news on Caylee yet?"

Cindy was grasping at straws...she was the one that mentioned about a drum set, she was hoping something she said would spark a positive response from Casey. They put up with her bratty behavior in the hopes of gathering any information that will help put them in the right direction.
Casey,is smart enough to know she can't say anything that will be caught on tape that can come up and smack her in the face later,so all she want's is to make this a "fun Visit"..she doesn't want to talk about Caylee. This is her time with mommy and daddy to convince them to do what ever they can to get her "OUT".
"I was told to have no visitors, but I decided to see you anyway, just to let you know how much IIIIIIIII need out of here. I will be able, to maybe do something if you will get me out of here...I don't know anything new..and I have already told you about Zanny..
"GEE MOM AND DAD , why do you want to talk about Caylee...just talk about ME. I just want to have a nice visit..It should be all about me."

I don't think it was mention of Lake County that made Casey go ballistic, I think it was just that Cindy was asking for clues about where Caylee may be ("Is there anything there?") and Casey was just SO over that topic.

that's how it seemed to me too.

I'm going with: Casey blew up not about the Lake County mention, but the mere fact that Cindy was just questioning Casey about Caylee. To me, Casey's demeanor says: "Oh mommsy and popsicle, coo at and coddle me... don't bother me about whats-her-name."

Given where Caylee was found, there is nothing really pointing to a Lake County connection (that we know of)... but given that Cindy just wanted Caylee found, my opinion was that Cindy just tossed out the Lake County straw to see if she could get a bit of info out of Casey.

*mommsy/popsicle name was stolen from a musical*

If Casey hadn't killed Caylee, when she first got to the visiting booth, she may have expected to hear news of Caylee, perhaps she would think, "Oh, they've found her, she's okay and they're here to let me know". Any normal person would have eagerly asked for information about the child. But instead of inquiring if they know where Caylee is, or if she's home, she grabs the phone all chipper and says, "Good morning". Is that really what an innocent, loving mother would do?

G&C should have gotten a clue right there. Maybe they did.

Cindy was asking questions, Casey wasn't giving answers, Cindy asked more and more questions. Casey went wild. Cindy calmed down and stopped asking the questions.

Casey was frustrated because they were asking what she knew about Caylee's whereabouts and her disappearance. Casey had already told them everything she planned to tell them. Why were they still asking? They always accepted her lies before. Now they are asking beyond the realm of Casey's planned script. She had no more answers, she wanted out of jail, she was miserable, and they only wanted to talk about Caylee. How dare they when Casey's entire life was ripped away? Talking about a dead kid wasn't helping Casey get out of jail. It was all about Casey and there was Cindy asking for more clues, more information about finding that dead Caylee. How dare she?

And that's why the prisoner went ballistic. Lake County may have meaning but I think Casey's predicament and her parents callous disregard for it were what sent her into a tizzy. They were worried about Caylee who was dead while Casey was living a life of hell in jail!!!

Yes, the NERVE of Cindy to ask KC somewhere her granddaughter might be. How inconsiderate to want to actually find Caylee. All while KC is sitting in jail, not allowed to order anything but Strawberry Poptarts when she only likes Chocolate Frosted! Doesn't anyone know how SHE is suffering!!

Casey sits down, sees her mother literally falling apart, and laughs... "Why is she crying already?"

As the psychology talking heads say, Casey doesn't feel "normal emotions" so she is unaware when she's being completely inappropriate for the situation...

I did a screen freeze while she balled up her fists and screwed up her face, saying "COME ON!!!!!" and the look is terrifying to me... NOT like she's acting at all...

The last jailhouse video was by far the most disturbing to me, and that's saying an awful lot...

If this is off topic, I apologize, but to me, Cindy is just grasping at any straws. Look at how she stares at Casey...waiting for some sign, SOME indication... any reassurance...

Yes, the NERVE of Cindy to ask KC somewhere her granddaughter might be. How inconsiderate to want to actually find Caylee. All while KC is sitting in jail, not allowed to order anything but Strawberry Poptarts when she only likes Chocolate Frosted! Doesn't anyone know how SHE is suffering!!

And don't forget all that AWFUL coleslaw she is being forced to eat.

Was it just me or at her last court appearance did she look like she had gained weight? That was my first impression when she walked in. Cindy looks like she has lost half her body weight due to stress...while Casey is busy eating pork rinds and cheese-its. I could be wrong...it might just be the cocoa butter keeping her skin plump and hydrated. Ugh.

Casey sits down, sees her mother literally falling apart, and laughs... "Why is she crying already?"

As the psychology talking heads say, Casey doesn't feel "normal emotions" so she is unaware when she's being completely inappropriate for the situation...

I noticed that as well...I thought - why is she not trying to comfort her mom? But at the risk of sounding like a Casey supporter (heaven forbid) I sort of see why someone might laugh or act that way. I can honestly say that I might have done something similar, laughed or smiled or done something to try and lift my mom's spirits if I was in that situation. Anything to keep myself from breaking down and wailing myself. I tend to use humor to diffuse anxiety though, which might come across an inappropriate for people who don't. Especially by people who don't really know me personally.

That said...there is one big difference. I just don't have the gut feeling that Casey laughed to spare her mom further grief. I don't think she laughed to try and lift her spirits. It is almost like she didn't understand WHY her mom was already crying before anything was even said. She seemed dumb-founded and almost like she was making fun of her mom. I could be very wrong, but it came across that way to me. She watched her mom in agony that whole interview and never seemed to try to comfort her in the slightest. It was all about Casey and HER suffering.

I think Casey played George like a fiddle.
The interaction between Casey and George,(speaking about Cindy in a third person) leads me to feel this was a typical thing...Casey and George vs Cindy and Casey and Cindy vs George..it was probably this way ever since she was big enough to twist them around her little finger.
The interaction is so strange..
Cindy is not worried about Casey's location ..because she "know's" Casey will be ok once Caylee is located. She tries to get Casey to understand that Caylee holds the key to her freedom. Casey shatters this hope and goes on to say her focus must be about the trial because Casey knows she is going to go to trial, and she knows "finding Caylee will NOT help her get out of Jail"
I think LE planned on using this tape at trial since it was not released along with other documents that have not been released.
Baez, was wise to let it out, so the shock value will wear off by the time a jury ever sees her ball her fist up and rant about her loss of life "being taken from her" as if she had no part in causing the condition she finds herself in.
Poor little Caylee, I hope she never saw the face we saw. I pray she was asleep when Casey decided she was a disposable part of her life.

Is Jacksonville in Lake county? Wasn't there some part of KC's wild story involved Jacksonville?

I'm thinking that Casey gave her family another of those BS leads that night prior to being arrested when they were talking about what happened, this one something about Lake County. Just another lying direction to send them in. Cindy, desperate by this point, was just digging for more info to work off of. Poor woman is so stupid she actually was trying to make sense out of Caseys lies and misdirections. Sorry but I don't feel too bad for Cindy cause she's the one helped create this monster by enabling.

I am not a professional, so I cannot diagnose Casey. However, doctors will tell you NEVER to get caught up in the content of a borderline's statements. They are always lying and manipulating.

The thought that cross my mind, when she said that she been Lake County was that were Josha Duckett lived. Don't ask why, that what my first thought that she went to see him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back