Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #37

I am not worried. I am hiding behind this wall of toilet paper, coffee cans, and cigarette cartons in my backroom "mancave", readin yall's WS posts, and watching TV. I ain't coming out for nothing till this is all over........Yall stay home, please...........Thank you.....:cool:....moo
Funny guy. I needed that little giggle. I thought co-retirement with hubby was tough. In five days, we celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. If we make it that far. lol. I’m just about ready to call in our little cavalry here and have them move everything out of the shed for a bed for their dad. He’s driving me bats* crazy with worrying. It was 93 degrees today. I think I’ll see if he’ll pull out his old telescope and we sit in the backyard tonight and look at the stars and constellations. Like we used to... ❤️

There is no doubt US is vastly underreporting as well, considering how difficult it is to get tested.
That’s not intentional underreporting though. It’s not like test results are being hidden or manipulated.

The numbers are definitely off, but will improve in accuracy with increased testing.

Do you know if a source exists that shows Apx number of tests conducted by nation? I would be really interested in seeing that with a comparison to the positive case count.

Me too. Can't find it. Too early to show up in Medline. I'll keep my eye out. I really don't think it's been published nor do I think most nations know.

Did you look? There is thing called google and twitter...

I tell my dh and friends all the time...”Google is your friend.” It always amazes me how many questions get asked that Google can answer. And yes, we own stock LOL...and I don’t really want to know how it’s doing. I could Google it, of course, but why bother at this point. :D

Someone is saying Wolf Blitzer is on CNN saying California has the fastest growth rate of cases right now. Is Louisiana no longer in that #1 spot? Does anyone have the link for the site that has the most current data/stats about this type of thing? Thanks.

The last data I saw said the opposite. I will go check. Los Angeles County just got a bunch of tests available, and it really went exponential in terms of positive cases yesterday (and the Bay Area is exponential as well). Most other counties are flat, with low rates. Nothing on the state's on CoVid site yet, but I will check again.

Dr. Deborah Birx listed two counties: Wayne County in Michigan and Cook County in Illinois.

She said at Thursday’s White House briefing that the task force is not only looking at where the cases are today, but where they will be in the future so the Federal Emergency Management Agency can be alerted to where the next hotspots will be.

Birx says the two counties both are in urban areas or in communities that serve an urban area. Chicago is the seat of Cook County, which is one of the most populous counties in the United States. Wayne County is outside Detroit.The Latest: Feds concerned about virus spikes in 2 counties – Sentinel and Enterprise
Dr. Deborah Birx listed two counties: Wayne County in Michigan and Cook County in Illinois.

She said at Thursday’s White House briefing that the task force is not only looking at where the cases are today, but where they will be in the future so the Federal Emergency Management Agency can be alerted to where the next hotspots will be.

Birx says the two counties both are in urban areas or in communities that serve an urban area. Chicago is the seat of Cook County, which is one of the most populous counties in the United States. Wayne County is outside Detroit.The Latest: Feds concerned about virus spikes in 2 counties – Sentinel and Enterprise

i have to clarify a statement in this article-- Wayne County is not outside of
Detroit-- it is a county that includes Detroit and some other suburbs of Detroit..

Jmo... Its been spread since October all around the world Military Olympics in Wuhan. Open to the public for the first time. look at the magazine she is holding " let the games begin!"
Pretty scary that press is mentioning retaliation on China for inflicting this disease to Trump at press.

I am not worried. I am hiding behind this wall of toilet paper, coffee cans, and cigarette cartons in my backroom "mancave", readin yall's WS posts, and watching TV. I ain't coming out for nothing till this is all over........Yall stay home, please...........Thank you.....:cool:....moo
I saw so many boats in Lake Allatoona today practicing "social distancing".
Red Top Mountain? TONS of people "hiking". The parking lot was almost full.
I went to the butcher to pick up meat. So my voluntary isolation restarts today!
I don't think the message is getting through to a lot of people!
Moo

I received an email today, that is all about how the new bill in Congress is suspending IDEA, Special Education Services.

Well, yes. It is impossible for school districts to follow the IEP's for students with disabilities right now. And, it maybe that the plethora of Special Education services provided now, are going to be reduced. That is not necessarily a bad thing. Public Law 94-142 has been bent into a pretzel, far beyond the original intent for Special Education Services.

I did teach Special Education for many years, and was also a Special Education administrator. So, I don't say this lightly. But, right now, services are suspended for all students. We can't put the rights of disabled students above the rights of safety for staff, or other children.

What makes you think they are not? My guess is they are probably just as accurate as ours are. Our numbers are only the tip of the iceberg.
Life after lockdown: has China really beaten coronavirus?

But as the country returns to work, residents and analysts doubt the near-zero community transmission rate, worrying that leaders have prioritised restarting the economy over decisively containing the virus.

Life after lockdown: has China really beaten coronavirus?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5
Back