I am not surprised, I would bet that we only know about
10% of the corruption that exists there. :banghead:

Thank You Linask. :)

CONTRA COST COUNTY has more corruption :waitasec:
should I be surprised? :confused:
I am not surprised, I would bet that we only know about
10% of the corruption that exists there. :banghead:

Thank You Linask. :)
It was Front Page News yesterday... plus he is buddies with Albert Seeno, a crooked developer that the F.B.I. and Secret Service are looking into. Seeno builds them shoddily and cheaply and then Kramer undervalues them...
The amazing thing is that he got re-elected in June! Maybe now someone will finally remove this guy from office!

By Thomas Peele
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 10/20/2010 08:00:00 PM PDT
Contra Costa County Tax Assessor Gus Kramer recently amended state ethics forms because he failed 33 times since 2002 to disclose ownership of millions of dollars worth of property in the county and loans of hundreds thousands of dollars to friends and associates.
Kramer made the amendments for the years 2002-09, including 25 changes in the past two weeks. The additions to previously filed documents came at a time when the Times was questioning him about numerous omissions on the annual ethics form called the Statement of Economic Interest, annual documentation required of all California public officials disclosing property investments and outside income.
The Times reported on Oct. 15 that Kramer used gift deeds to acquire millions of dollars worth of property in the county without paying real estate transfer taxes, which indicates no money changed hands.
State ethics law dictates that elected officials cannot accept more than $420 in gifts from an individual in a given year. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_16389769?nclick_check=1

Probe widens: Danville officer arrested in CNET investigation

Rick Hurd, Doug Jastrow
San Jose Mercury News
Mar 5, 2011
‎
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17547520?nclick_check=1

A Danville police officer was arrested Friday on suspicion of drug and gun offenses, becoming the third law enforcement official in a month held in the widening investigation of a Contra Costa County drug task force chief and a high-profile private investigator, law enforcement officials said.

Stephen Tanabe, 47, of Alamo, has been put on administrative leave and is being held in the County Jail in Martinez on $260,000 bail, according to the Contra Costa sheriff's department.

He was arrested at about 9:30 p.m. Friday on suspicion of conspiracy to possess and sell controlled substances and possession and transfer of an assault rifle. It's unclear whether he is still collecting his total salary package, which was $104,712 in 2009.

Tanabe's apprehension follows the arrests of Norman Wielsch, the former commander of the state's now-suspended Central Contra Costa Narcotics Enforcement team, or CNET, and Christopher Butler, who ran a Concord-based private investigative firm. Both Wielsch and Butler have pleaded not guilty on 28 felony counts, with prosecutors alleging both men would steal drugs from evidence lockers and Butler would sell them. Wielsch has been out on bail and Butler made his $900,000 bail Friday and was also released, a jail official said.

Contra Costa deputy's 'dirty DUI' arrests

Justin Berton
San Francisco Chronicle
March 9, 2011

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/03/09/MN7F1I6IQC.DTL

"Tanabe, Butler and Wielsch, the state drug agent, all worked together in the Antioch Police Department in the late 1990s."

Bay Area police forces need to follow rule of law

San Francisco Chronicle
Mar 10, 2011‎

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/03/10/EDR91I8F87.DTL

The two investigators, Christopher Butler and Norman Wielsch, have been charged with 28 felony counts connected to the theft, possession and sale of drugs including methamphetamine and steroids.

This was no small operation, and it keeps getting bigger. There are suspicions that the accused were involved in other crimes as well, including conspiracy, false arrests and gun offenses.

The worst part is that they may not be the only ones. Authorities are now looking at officers in as many as four Bay Area departments to see how they were tangled up with Butler. Expect the dismissal of many cases in Contra Costa County in the near future.

In San Francisco, district attorney George Gascón has already dropped dozens of cases that were handled by seven police officers and a sergeant who are under federal and local investigation. The officers have been accused of conducting illegal searches and seizures ...

Antioch in the late 90's ring a bell?

I heard he abruptly left the Pittsburg Police Department and I'm trying to find out what year. Remember all the prostitute murders in the 90s in Pittsburg? Apparently he also abruptly resigned from the Antioch City Council. This is all hearsay from many different sources, but I haven't confirmed anything yet.

I agree, he needs to be investigated but by someone other than local LE!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/antioch-ca/TDT7NV3OR03FC48LM

maybe you saw this as I am late in looking at this stuff, see comment #13 at the link
... had sex with an underage girl in the back of his police car in Pittsburg.. The parents didnt want to press charges so he rsigned. This was back when parents had a say in the matter. If it happened noe he would be prosecuted regardless of the parents wishes.He also presured low income residents for sex in his next job with the county. He is extremely lucky as well as being friggan nuts. his wife is a piece of work as well!!

http://articles.sfgate.com/1998-10-19/news/17734660_1_supervisorial-race-don-freitas-candidates

"Ralph Hernandez resigned from the City Council in 1996 amid allegations of improper behavior on the job as a district attorney's investigator."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back