cough syrup death

CyberLaw said:
But if a package is mislabled, it would be mislabled on all of the packages.

It does not sound like a store that has "top" quality items, but I still think that if it is imported to the USA, it has to pass some sort of inspection...or something.

But again I can't get over the fact that this young women would have had to take at least 8 ounces of cough medicine. If I was giving my child cough medicine, and it said 8 ounces, I would think....hummm last time I gave him any type of cough medicine it was two teaspoons.

But then again, some people would think "this is "discount" cough syrup and "maybe" it is not as strong, and if it says 8 ounces then that is the directions.

I do wonder though.....I would have to see the package....if the labelling did come from a "foreign" country, there could have been a problem.

Talk about "extremely" poor quality control, but the "chain" may not be as "reputable" as a bigger store......after all they are know for very low prices....
8oz is a "glass" of cough syrup. That alone should have been a big red flad.

Even if the cough syrup did contain twice as much dextomethorphan, that would only be like taking a double dose. It wouldn't kill anyone. How is it that both the label and the markings on the measuring cup were wrong? I might understand one or the other, but both?

When my daughter was 3 she drank a whole bottle of cough syrup. We rushed her to the hospital and they weren't overly concerned about it. I just can't see how a bit too much cough syrup could result in a death.

Something is really fishy here.

I'm not sure about the whole thing. When my middle son was 3, (that child will still be the death of me somehow and he's 18 now), he drank an entire bottle of cold medicine. When I called poison control they didn't even have me induce vomiting. They said that amount wouldn't hurt him; that he would be tired, but it wouldn't hurt him and he'd sleep it off. I'm confused how that would kill someone...one of you websleuther's help me out....

the original tez said:
We have them in AR too. I like Dollar General better, they have a better selection.

WE have them in WI too... ALthough, I can't say I have ever been in one.

I feel sad for this girl and her family, but things are not adding up... It will be itnersting to learn more when it comes out.

when i was in high scool (not all that long ago) my friends did "skittles" which were an over abunance of cough syrup and/or cold pills for a high, extremly stupid and dangerous.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back