Could Casey get in trouble for not paying taxes on her wages?

Did she have to pay taxes on the money she received from the sale of the pictures?

I also have always wondered about the $200,000 and if she paid taxes on it? Jose says he was not the one to broker the deal, but somone had to? Who? Was it a lawyer and how much did that lawyer charge for brokering the deal? No attorney in their right mind, seeing an over $200,000 paycheck would do it pro bono?

It is all soo.... absurd!

As a side note... I truly do hope that the Anthony family receives some professional help. They really need it.

I also have always wondered about the $200,000 and if she paid taxes on it? Jose says he was not the one to broker the deal, but somone had to? Who? Was it a lawyer and how much did that lawyer charge for brokering the deal? No attorney in their right mind, seeing an over $200,000 paycheck would do it pro bono?

Good question!
But then again what are they going to do....lock her up..LOL!

Is the money her fans send ICA to spend on Doritos and ill fitting bras taxable? (IF JB can go there, so can I :) )

If KC had a bookkeeper and she earned the money directly, here's how it would work, IMProfessionalO-

KC would earn the money.
KC would have to report the income as it was not used for legal fees pertaining to a business (unless KC has incorporated or otherwise organized herself as a business-Do we know for sure that she did not, for the purposes of collecting this blood money?)KC has nothing to itemize, as far as I can tell, and would get a standard deduction.
-Disgustingly enough, KC would get a child tax credit for nearly the entire year of 2008 as Caylee was not certified dead until the end of that year-
-GA/CA could not claim her as a dependent, because $200,000 exceeds anything they paid for KC's living expenses.
-KC would owe a butt-load of taxes. I don't have the tax table in front of me, but my guestimate would be $40-50,000 after deductions.
JB would report his income, as I am sure he does every year. He would also pay taxes, provided his business expenses and his personal itemization (mortgage interest, travel, clothing, capital losses etc.) did not put him in the black. Also varies if he is S Corp, C Corp, sole proprietor, etc...

Even if KC gave every penny of the money to charity, she would still owe taxes as charitable donations are not credited in full against what you owe.

ETA-The money trail is easy for the IRS to follow, all they have to do is get ABC television to open their books-A legal issue might arise if ABC television so chooses to call KC a "source," but the IRS simply subpoenas bank records to find out who cashed the check.

Did she have to pay taxes on the money she received from the sale of the pictures?[/Q

Yes the money received from the sale of the pictures are taxable to who ever sold them. As an example model's sell their image's all the time it's how they make their living.

The gift's she received while in jail are not taxable.
As an example you have a friend who you give a gift of a few hundred dollars thats not taxable.

Hope this helps.I am a retired Taxpro so I do know a little about taxable income lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back