Could This All Be a Set-Up By Casey?

What if the set up is by the lawyer, not Casey.
I have a theory about Padilla the BH, and Baez the lawyer.
Baez has 2 major problems.
1. He needs an explanation for Casey Anthony's actions(a "story").
This is difficult, but just look at the wild speculation on WS.
Pick the best parts of several theories, and combine them into one semi-believable story.
2. He needs to improve CA's credibility (which is ZERO right now).
What if:
CA is released on bail, spends several days at home being questioned by the BH,
and then, due to his brilliant questioning, "confesses" the new story.
Because the story came via the BH, the credibility of the story is enhanced, and the focus is off of CA.
The BH gets his publicity, and Baez gets the best "spin" possible under the circumstances.
If this has already been posted, I'm sorry (still trying to catch up on all the threads)

I'm not a firm believer in psychics at all. I stand more on physical and scientific evidence. I don't believe anyone has gathered enough evidence for anything and the fact that she still isn't talking leads me to believe she's guilty of something awful and scared of what the consequences will bring her.

What if the set up is by the lawyer, not Casey.
What if:
CA is released on bail, spends several days at home being questioned by the BH,
and then, due to his brilliant questioning, "confesses" the new story.
Because the story came via the BH, the credibility of the story is enhanced, and the focus is off of CA.
The BH gets his publicity, and Baez gets the best "spin" possible under the circumstances.
If this has already been posted, I'm sorry (still trying to catch up on all the threads)

You certainly could be right. But unless Caylee is found alive, we still come back to a mom who didn't report her baby missing, who didn't cooperate with police to find her baby as the trail grew colder and colder, who never did come up with a living child and who told lie after lie after lie. That mom may have a hard time staying out of jail no matter what stories defense attorneys and bounty hunters come up with.

I was thinking some more. I wonder about Casey being in jail. No one would like that - so I am wondering, if Caylee is dead, and Casey wants out of jail, why wouldn't she be trying to pin that on someone (anyone, Cindy, George, whoever) to get out of jail. It would be her word against that person's, and she could be saying she kept quiet do to being fearful for her person from the killer. Her sticking to the babysitter story though, or the kidnapper,or whatever it exactly now, makes me wonder.

I'm not a firm believer in psychics at all. I stand more on physical and scientific evidence. I don't believe anyone has gathered enough evidence for anything and the fact that she still isn't talking leads me to believe she's guilty of something awful and scared of what the consequences will bring her.

Psychics are definitely not physical or scientific evidence. They aren't God either. They may be able to tune into things that the ordinary person cannot. Like I said on an earlier thread, I believe everyone has a sixth sense, it all depends how a person uses it. You know, thinking of a song in your head and then maybe a minute later having it come on the radio, or thinking of someone you haven't seen in a while, and them showing up at of nowhere, or thinking of someone and having them call. I have done that many times, but I don't consider myself a psychic because of it.

I've pondered this theory myself but keep coming back to one thing (um, make that two things since the cadaver dogs make it all fairly obvious to me): the reward money. If someone had this child, SOMEBODY would know and would want to claim that $225,000 reward.

I've pondered this theory myself but keep coming back to one thing (um, make that two things since the cadaver dogs make it all fairly obvious to me): the reward money. If someone had this child, SOMEBODY would know and would want to claim that $225,000 reward.

Welcome to Websleuths, Cluehunter! You have something there, although, maybe there are conditions to the reward, like for conviction or whatever - I am not sure and not sure where to even begin wading through all the threads to find that info. Anyone else know?

I was thinking some more. I wonder about Casey being in jail. No one would like that - so I am wondering, if Caylee is dead, and Casey wants out of jail, why wouldn't she be trying to pin that on someone (anyone, Cindy, George, whoever) to get out of jail. It would be her word against that person's, and she could be saying she kept quiet do to being fearful for her person from the killer. Her sticking to the babysitter story though, or the kidnapper,or whatever it exactly now, makes me wonder.

When Cindy would ask Casey about Caylee, she always had an excuse why she couldn't let her see or talk to her. In bed at the beach with nanny, whatever etc....
Casey had to give grandma some reason why she couldn't see -talk to Caylee if she was dead..:mad: Then when the police are called, Casey is thinking > what do I tell them
The best excuse was the nanny took her! In her mind she thinks she is safe unless they find the body!!!

This has come to mind a few times. Could she just be trying to hurt her parents and it went too far? I keep thinking of the MySpace entry that Casey made that sounded like she was the bad daughter. Could someone really have Caylee and now be afraid to bring her back and get in trouble?

Maybe this person was supposed to bring her back on her birthday?

Nothing in this case makes any sense. It's all very twisted and very sick.

My feeling is that Caylee is really gone but after hearing Padilla last night, I was thinking that it would be so wonderful if Caylee really is alive. I am a big believer in psychics and if what they psychics are saying is true, then my hopes that Caylee is alive are just hopes.

Your thoughts?

Yes that would be wonderful, wouldn't it???

No I don't believe that it is a set up or LE or the FBI would have found a witness or something more by this time regardless. Afterall there is a quater of a million dollars being offered and by now they would have heard about Padilla's statement!!! Although I hope and pray that she be found alive and well sadly I don't feel that will be the case.

I have moments when I think it could be a hoax by Casey geared at hurting her mom or vice versa Cindy trying to hurt Casey; that Casey killed Caylee or knows who killed her; that Caylee has been kidnapped; and on and on and on until I've come up with a scenario that is a bad novel. My brain is tired from trying to figure it out.

There are things that are so troubling about this case 1st and foremost being that Caylee is missing. I need answers to where Caylee was staying at any and all times that she was not with Cindy or Casey (a true answer that does not involve the nanny mess). There are coincidences that just seem too far stretched to actually be coincidental; Casey smiling when I can't see anything funny about any of this; Cindy smiling running with the media; code talk in those jail conversations that if that family can understand makes them a party to it all IMO; the lack of searching on LE and the family's part; the hits by the dogs....

The one thing I keep telling myself is that there are certainly missing pieces to this puzzle and that the LE MUST have some if not all of them. Hopefully they will reveal their hand at some point and the big picture will come to light. I keep holding onto that.

The bounty hunter part I have tried to stay away from. It just seems like another distraction to me. If they should really find out something or locate Caylee, it will only muddle my thoughts more as to what their involvement in all this is.

The whole thing is just horrid at Caylee's expense. Where is that baby? Why will nobody speak out for her? Why does no one closely involved seem to be crying?!

I want answers and justice for Caylee. I'm so afraid it isn't coming.

First of all, we don't really know exactly when Caylee disappeared. We only know the date and time she was last seen by anyone aside from Casey: June 16, 2008

What's interesting about that sighting is according to George Anthony in an interview with GVS, Casey was planning to drop Caylee off at the babysitters house before work. He also claims she said she may have to "work late" and if so, wouldn't be home until the next day.

Has it been confirmed that Casey was at work the night of June 16, 2008?

I have moments when I think it could be a hoax by Casey geared at hurting her mom or vice versa Cindy trying to hurt Casey; that Casey killed Caylee or knows who killed her; that Caylee has been kidnapped; and on and on and on until I've come up with a scenario that is a bad novel. My brain is tired from trying to figure it out.

There are things that are so troubling about this case 1st and foremost being that Caylee is missing. I need answers to where Caylee was staying at any and all times that she was not with Cindy or Casey (a true answer that does not involve the nanny mess). There are coincidences that just seem too far stretched to actually be coincidental; Casey smiling when I can't see anything funny about any of this; Cindy smiling running with the media; code talk in those jail conversations that if that family can understand makes them a party to it all IMO; the lack of searching on LE and the family's part; the hits by the dogs....

The one thing I keep telling myself is that there are certainly missing pieces to this puzzle and that the LE MUST have some if not all of them. Hopefully they will reveal their hand at some point and the big picture will come to light. I keep holding onto that.

The bounty hunter part I have tried to stay away from. It just seems like another distraction to me. If they should really find out something or locate Caylee, it will only muddle my thoughts more as to what their involvement in all this is.

The whole thing is just horrid at Caylee's expense. Where is that baby? Why will nobody speak out for her? Why does no one closely involved seem to be crying?!

I want answers and justice for Caylee. I'm so afraid it isn't coming.

I'm afraid your right MagnoliaMom, how sad.

You guys can hit me with a wet noodle. I read all the time. Seldom post but something has been bothering me. I swear I read somewhere that a film production crew in Florida was planning on doing a "real" reality show where the participants didn't know what was going on. I remember thinking then whatever the scenario, there was going to be some "annoyed" folks when it all played out. But for the life of me I can't remember where I saw that....I travel a lot with work so it could have been anywhere...print or online. So if this is it, did they set Casey up with the "babysitter"....she would have been easy to set up under the circumstances. But did the perps think she would report the missing child right away and when she didn't, it complicated things.....way out of hand by now....or was she in on it....but now maybe a deadline has passed for returning the child....like maybe the part she didn't know was the babysitter would disappear...............I know it's farfetched but it seems it would have to be some weird scenario or she's had a complete mental break over whatever did happen...disassociative personality disorder.....

You guys can hit me with a wet noodle. I read all the time. Seldom post but something has been bothering me. I swear I read somewhere that a film production crew in Florida was planning on doing a "real" reality show where the participants didn't know what was going on. I remember thinking then whatever the scenario, there was going to be some "annoyed" folks when it all played out. But for the life of me I can't remember where I saw that....I travel a lot with work so it could have been anywhere...print or online. So if this is it, did they set Casey up with the "babysitter"....she would have been easy to set up under the circumstances. But did the perps think she would report the missing child right away and when she didn't, it complicated things.....way out of hand by now....or was she in on it....but now maybe a deadline has passed for returning the child....like maybe the part she didn't know was the babysitter would disappear...............I know it's farfetched but it seems it would have to be some weird scenario or she's had a complete mental break over whatever did happen...disassociative personality disorder.....

If it were a missing adult I might go there with you, but I refuse to believe that anyone would do this to a 2yo. Regardless of how safe she is, she is not with her mother or grandparents. It is abuse. They would definitely face criminal charges and no end to the lawsuits.

ETA: No bashing from me, though. Thinking outside the box is the only way to get in Casey's mind b/c she sure isn't a normal mother!

If it were a missing adult I might go there with you, but I refuse to believe that anyone would do this to a 2yo. Regardless of how safe she is, she is not with her mother or grandparents. It is abuse. They would definitely face criminal charges and no end to the lawsuits.

ETA: No bashing from me, though. Thinking outside the box is the only way to get in Casey's mind b/c she sure isn't a normal mother!

Also, this theory doesn't fly with me because LE would never permit it...charges would be filed along with a bill to the producers? I can only imagine what this is costing the taxpayers of OC.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back