Could this be Rose? Discussion on possible matches.

I too, wish she could be found, as I have been following this case for awhile now. With the sudden withdrawal of the families participation on this site, I tend to believe that they have solved the mystery in one way or another.
Maybe it was something bad that the family did not want to get out, something to do with the father perhaps. From what I remember reading, he wasn't always a pleasant person.

Or on the brighter side.... Maybe they found her and she didn't want to be found and just wanted her privacy. Hopefully she is safe and happy.

I do certainly hope it is the latter of the two scenarios.
I just wish we knew for sure. It's just one of those cases you want to solve.

I agree with you, but if Rose has been found, I wish her family would at least have her taken off missing persons databases, and let us know to stop looking.
I too, wish she could be found, as I have been following this case for awhile now. With the sudden withdrawal of the families participation on this site, I tend to believe that they have solved the mystery in one way or another.
Maybe it was something bad that the family did not want to get out, something to do with the father perhaps. From what I remember reading, he wasn't always a pleasant person.

Or on the brighter side.... Maybe they found her and she didn't want to be found and just wanted her privacy. Hopefully she is safe and happy.

I do certainly hope it is the latter of the two scenarios.
I just wish we knew for sure. It's just one of those cases you want to solve.

New to this case, and I apologize in advance if someone has posted this already. I see a resemblance to the woman in Texas who committed suicide in 2010, going by the name Lori Kennedy. It was discovered after her death that she used a fake name and social. Here is her pic, taken in 1990:

And here is a link to the thread. Will post there as well.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165570&highlight=lori+kennedy

Good grief, you are right! There is a very strong resemblance!

I don't think FLEK could be Rose. FLEK obtained a false ID in 1989 saying she was 19. While it was speculated that she may actually have been older, Rose would have been 32 and that seems a bit of a stretch. Also FLEK was very tall and it there have been a lot of remarks about her unusually long fingers and hands.

I don't think the age is a stretch at all, in fact I think in her photos Lori looks every bit the age that Rose would have been.

I agree on the height/size of hands and feet, however we don't have any real proof that Rose wouldn't have had these features. Not only that, she was last seen by her family at an age where her body was still developing.

Rose may or may not be Lori, but given that their faces look like identical twins and the fact that Rose's circumstances would lend themselves very well indeed to Lori's, I think its just too close to call and the only way a proper rule-out can be made is via DNA.

I just went over to the FLEK thread (they just started a new one) and they started by re-summarizing everything including all the "possibles". Rose is not even listed. You might want to try again to get her added, and then of course get her submitted to have her ruled out. I know they have DNA for FLEK including mito DNA. I can't remember the status now. Did they every get mito DNA submitted by Rose's brother?

Rose Colé has been submitted for LEK. It is on the new thread for FLEK.

Rose Colé has been submitted for LEK. It is on the new thread for FLEK.

I really like this match a lot. The height is throwing me for sure, but I really really like it.

Great job on all the work being done here.

I heard back from NAMUS, they have submitted it to the caseworker. Fingers crossed!

I'm not sure what to hope for really. It would be wonderful to have the answers both to Lori's identity and what happened to Rose, but it would be sad if it was Rose too, since it would mean that she is gone. I suppose a match would provide answers for Rose's family, but also a whole load more questions. Questions they would probably never get answers to.

I will cross my fingers and pray that we find Rose and that we also find out Lori's identity. If Lori and Rose turn out to be one and the same, then what will be, will be...

How long do these things tend to take?

It could be anywhere from 6 months to a year or more. The waiting is the hardest.

What I like about this picture is the different angle of her nose and face, fwiw.

suicide28n-5-web.jpg

I really like this match a lot. The height is throwing me for sure, but I really really like it.

Great job on all the work being done here.

What is the height discrepancy? I noticed her height on the Idaho ID is 5' 6" but on her Texas license it is 5' 10.

LEK has a number of ID with a variety of heights on them. Based on her standing in group. Photos, I think the IDs that ad her at 5'19" or 5'11" is probably accurate.

There is a really good forum put together on Lori Kennedy. I has lots of stickies giving ER timeline, photos etc so it is easy to find without having to read the millions of posts about her.

So, Rose was sent to a cult, basically. A violent cult, too. I personally don't think she made it out of California so I'm going to compile a list of UIDs from California. I am including those who were a victim of homicide and those who had committed suicide, because thinking that a cult is after you 24/7 can wear you down psychologically.

Partial skull found in 1993, was there for 1-20 years

Hit by a car, possible suicide? 5'8

Little too old. 5'8

Committed suicide, 5'2, the sketch looks like an OLD woman, but the age range is 20-30, in 1977 Rose would have been 20

Estimated at 5'9. She was buried in the fetal position, which sounds (And excuse my hokey language) like a hit

Doesn't say the DNA's in CODIS If she had been killed immediately after last writing to her parents

A little short, jumped to her death in 1975.

5'5 and possibly there for decades

There's so many more. But I'm exhausted. I'm sorry I can't list them all, I'm going to bed.

Hello all! I'm new to this website. Could this be Rose Lena Cole?

Rosie Cole, "United States Public Records Index"

Name: Rosie Cole
Titles and Terms (Original):
Also Known As: Rosie Bee Sherman
2nd Also Known As Name: Rosie E Sherman
3rd Also Known As Name: Rose Sherman
Residence Date: 01 Apr 2007
Residence Place: Bunkie, Louisiana, United States
Birth Date: 23 Dec 1956
Phone Number: *advertiser censored* *advertiser censored*-XXXX
Phone Number Recorded Date: 25 Mar 2008
Address: *advertiser censored* XXXXXXXXXXXX
Address Continued: Bunkie, Louisiana 71322
Address Date: 01 Apr 2007
2nd Address: XXXX XXXXX
2nd Address Continued: Beaumont, Texas 77701
2nd Address Date: 15 Mar 2002-01 May 2002
3rd Address: XXXX XXXXXXXXX
3rd Address Continued: Beaumont, Texas 77701
3rd Address Date: 01 Feb 1988
Possible Relatives: Christopher Cole, Frederick Sherman, Jamey Sherman, Jamey R Sherman, Quentroy Dwayne Cole, Quentroy Sherman, Vanette T Sherman

SOURCE: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KPVP-P4H

I've omitted the address and telephone information for privacy reasons. However, should anyone choose to make contact, I ask that they please be respectful of her boundaries, her family's boundaries, or of those of the home's present occupants.

Rose Lena Cole's mother Willie May Puckett (herself a Louisiana native) died in Beaumont, TX in 1999. Rosie Sherman also lived in Beaumont, TX around the same time.

SOURCE: http://genforum.genealogy.com/puckett/messages/3512.html

Rose Lena Cole's birthday was also on Dec. 23, 1956. What are the odds there would be two women named Rose Cole born on the exact same date in the exact same year? Sure, it's possible, but...

SOURCE: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cole_rose.html

Perhaps after running away from Synanon, Rose spent the next few years among various members of the "Underground Railroad" or some church group. Perhaps she contacted her birth father at some point, who no longer wanted anything to do with her. And with her step-mother and step-siblings moved away, she contacted her birth mother in Texas next. There, she married, raised a family and lived her own life. In fact, it's entirely possible that Rose may not even be aware that she's regarded as a missing person in Michigan and California. Why would she be now that she is a wife and mother with a new married name?

Then again, should Rosie Sherman not be the same person as Rose Lena Cole, I must admit that the coincidences are profoundly striking!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back