Court Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charges usually come first before any mental examinations. If there aren't any charges, then, there's no reason for a mental exam, from a legal standpoint. Just being arrested isn't call for having to undergo mental exams. Even in an extreme case like this.

AURORA, Colo. — A mother whose daughter was among the 12 killed in the Aurora shooting on July 20 is expected to sue the movie theater where the attack occurred, according to a report.

This is the second reported lawsuit that has come about in the wake of the tragedy. Torrence Brown, Jr., who was uninjured but in the theater that Holmes attacked, is suing the movie theater along with Warner Bros. and Holmes’ doctors.

http://kdvr.com/2012/07/30/report-mother-of-aurora-tragedy-victim-will-sue-theater/

I was wondering if some of these lawsuits may be partially originating in order to GET INFORMATION, especially as info has been so carefully guarded. Isn't it true that if there is a suit pending, parties can petition for information? (i.e. were their police on-duty that night, was the alarm on the door broken? what treatment was he receiving from the doc and was it unorthodox?)

AURORA, Colo. — A mother whose daughter was among the 12 killed in the Aurora shooting on July 20 is expected to sue the movie theater where the attack occurred, according to a report.

This is the second reported lawsuit that has come about in the wake of the tragedy. Torrence Brown, Jr., who was uninjured but in the theater that Holmes attacked, is suing the movie theater along with Warner Bros. and Holmes’ doctors.

http://kdvr.com/2012/07/30/report-mother-of-aurora-tragedy-victim-will-sue-theater/

Anybody can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't necessarily mean there is any merit to the lawsuit.

I've been through the tapes and I'm wondering...did dispatch or anyone else warn officers on air to NOT enter Holmes' apartment? I mean right after he was apprehended and apparently told them it was rigged.. did anything go out to other officers involved? I can't find it if they did...anyone? I know they must have, lol, but I'm just wondering.

TIA

(ETA...awww, crumb, I thought I was on the Theater thread. So sorry!)

I've been through the tapes and I'm wondering...did dispatch or anyone else warn officers on air to NOT enter Holmes' apartment? I mean right after he was apprehended and apparently told them it was rigged.. did anything go out to other officers involved? I can't find it if they did...anyone? I know they must have, lol, but I'm just wondering.

TIA

(ETA...awww, crumb, I thought I was on the Theater thread. So sorry!)

I listened to about 4 hours of tapes. I only heard his name jh mentioned one time really fast. I heard them send a unit out to that address, four hours of tape and never once did I hear the suspect has red hair, I am still scrathing my head on that one. I heard plaid shirt. They did run the tag on the tennesse car but that did not belong to him. They gave the address for the Tennessee tag. I wonder who that car belonged to. since it did not belong to the jh and it was parked outback.

Anybody can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't necessarily mean there is any merit to the lawsuit.

at this point of time, information is still contradicting with one another... i think that lawsuit is too soon, they should wait for more informations. IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500