"Cover her face"

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a certified first responder, the deceased is always covered or hidden from view of the curiosity of onlookers even if we have to stad in a circle holding tarps for an hour. The victim, regardless of how they died, are still a human being, to be treated with dignity and respect, and to have their privacy protected, as well as their families and loved ones.
Ah but what do I know anyway, we are not paid, we are fully certified and experienced volunteers with years of training and will do anything in the line of duty whether it is "our job" or not. Seems that sometimes those who are paid simply shrug and say "That's not my job, I don't get paid to do that".
It may not be our job to wash the blood away after a murder or suicide or to pick up the pieces of brain matter from someone's yard where a child was crushed/ killed by a drunk driver, but we do it anyway. I guess we just have a measure of compassion, empathy and standards that just cant be taught or bought.
Have you ever sucked blackened mucous out of a dying cats nose, trying to get it breath again so you can give it oxygen? That's not in the job description either but volunteers will do it.
Sorry I get so worked up about this but it was just unbelievable that they could even erect a small tent over Rebecca to protect her from prying eyes, news helicopters and flies and bugs looking to invade her body.
To this day, it just strikes me as so sad ind insensitive that she was allowed to just lay there that way.
Thank you SwampMama, not only for the sensitivity in your comment, but also for being one of the unsung heroes in this world, the first responders we all pray will be there for our loved ones and for us in time of need.

Even in third world countries, victims of accidents and homicides are immediately covered and shielded from prying eyes. Whether it's a black garbage bag or newspaper, the dead are treated with respect.

Not only was Rebecca grossly disrespected, all bodily evidence was compromised or destroyed. A tent would have sufficed. I cannot fathom the unnecessary pain this caused her family to suffer.

As a certified first responder, the deceased is always covered or hidden from view of the curiosity of onlookers even if we have to stad in a circle holding tarps for an hour. The victim, regardless of how they died, are still a human being, to be treated with dignity and respect, and to have their privacy protected, as well as their families and loved ones.
Ah but what do I know anyway, we are not paid, we are fully certified and experienced volunteers with years of training and will do anything in the line of duty whether it is "our job" or not. Seems that sometimes those who are paid simply shrug and say "That's not my job, I don't get paid to do that".
It may not be our job to wash the blood away after a murder or suicide or to pick up the pieces of brain matter from someone's yard where a child was crushed/ killed by a drunk driver, but we do it anyway. I guess we just have a measure of compassion, empathy and standards that just cant be taught or bought.
Have you ever sucked blackened mucous out of a dying cats nose, trying to get it breath again so you can give it oxygen? That's not in the job description either but volunteers will do it.
Sorry I get so worked up about this but it was just unbelievable that they could even erect a small tent over Rebecca to protect her from prying eyes, news helicopters and flies and bugs looking to invade her body.
To this day, it just strikes me as so sad ind insensitive that she was allowed to just lay there that way.

Thank you Swampmama! All kinds of love and hugs to you and everyone like you that takes the time to care about victims. What you, and your coworkers do is courageous and amazing. The thank you button is not enough and I hope you know that you make a huge difference doing these things for victims and their families. The pain and anguish that you save them is something that can't be measured. God bless you. I'm sending a huge hug across the miles to you. (I can't find the emoticon for hugging).

Sorry I get so worked up about this but it was just unbelievable that they couldn't even erect a small tent over Rebecca to protect her from prying eyes, news helicopters and flies and bugs looking to invade her body.
To this day, it just strikes me as so sad and insensitive that she was allowed to just lay there that way.

Respectfully snipped.

I sincerely wish you and your colleagues had been there for Rebecca. Somehow, I know you would have all traded off and held up tarps for 12+ hours to shield her till the ME got there. Or done whatever was necessary to keep her dignity from prying eyes.

From the heart, a sincere thank you for all you do for victims.

Respectfully snipped.

I sincerely wish you and your colleagues had been there for Rebecca. Somehow, I know you would have all traded off and held up tarps for 12+ hours to shield her till the ME got there. Or done whatever was necessary to keep her dignity from prying eyes.

From the heart, a sincere thank you for all you do for victims.

It makes me sick when I think about those teens on the roof top two doors down., ogling Rebecca's naked body, laughing and having a good time..........Where were their parents?

It makes me sick when I think about those teens on the roof top two doors down., ogling Rebecca's naked body, laughing and having a good time..........Where were their parents?
I'll bite. Who are the parents of those horrible teenagers, Inparadise? <modsnip>.

Thank you, Inparadise! You are even better than Google!
If you know, have the parents of those "children" commented (publicly) about either Max's or Rebecca's deaths? Would we recognize their names from coverage of this (non-) case?
Again, my thanks.

You would recognize the name of one from the early coverage.........sad to say, having experience in dealing with some wealthy PV parents of teens, the parents condone/encourage this type of behavior.

What also bothers me is how many people over this 13+ hour period she lay there "uncovered" had the opportunity to see her, photograph her, comment about her,etc.

If we go back to the woman screaming and later to the murder itself, and the close proximity of those other houses why was nothing heard beyond that scream or suspected, or felt from those neighbors? And if it was a humid hot night and we know temps were in the 70's does everyone surrounding that backyard have air conditioning or was there a window open somewhere in those neighbor's homes, and was anything heard? I would really like to know.

I also must ask how did the teens know this incident happened two doors away from their house? Was it the sound of the helicopter overhead? Did they frequent the roof and party there? Did someone just look out their window and see the activity in the mansion's backyard? And if the "teens" were up on that roof for an extended period did they call anyone on their cell phones, or take photos themselves, and if so where are those photos now?

Guys - be careful here. Don't name innocent people that have nothing to do with the case. BACK OFF from discussion of minors - that is dangerous territory.

Salem

What also bothers me is how many people over this 13+ hour period she lay there "uncovered" had the opportunity to see her, photograph her, comment about her,etc.

If we go back to the woman screaming and later to the murder itself, and the close proximity of those other houses why was nothing heard beyond that scream or suspected, or felt from those neighbors? And if it was a humid hot night and we know temps were in the 70's does everyone surrounding that backyard have air conditioning or was there a window open somewhere in those neighbor's homes? I would really like to know.

I also must ask how did the teens know this incident happened two doors away from their house? Was it the sound of the helicopter overhead? Did they frequent the roof and party there? Did someone just look out their window and see the activity in the mansion's backyard? And if the "teens" were up on that roof for an extended period did they call anyone on their cell phones, or take photos themselves, and if so where are those photos now?

Hot and humid nights in Coronado are very rare, and I remember that around that time, it was quite cool in the evening.......I don't know exactly when the teens first started gathering on the roof, but they were there in the early afternoon. It is quite possible that the flurry of activity with the CFD & EMTs, CPD and the SDSO vehicles, followed by the media trucks and helicopters alerted them. There are 2 houses between Spreckels and the house where the teens were on the roof top.....the one closest to them is a one-story, and the next is a 2-story, but because of the distance and the placement, they had a direct line-of-sight into the court yard. I am quite certain that the homes along Ocean Blvd all have AC, but may not use it, particulary at night, when it is quite pleasant to sleep with the windows and french doors open and feel the cool summer breeze.......

Guys - be careful here. Don't name innocent people that have nothing to do with the case. BACK OFF from discussion of minors - that is dangerous territory.

Salem

Thanks Salem .. you may remove my comments if you so desire. I will not post such again.

Hot and humid nights in Coronado are very rare, and I remember that around that time, it was quite cool in the evening.......I don't know exactly when the teens first started gathering on the roof, but they were there in the early afternoon. It is quite possible that the flurry of activity with the CFD & EMTs, CPD and the SDSO vehicles, followed by the media trucks and helicopters alerted them. There are 2 houses between Spreckels and the house where the teens were on the roof top.....the one closest to them is a one-story, and the next is a 2-story, but because of the distance and the placement, they had a direct line-of-sight into the court yard. I am quite certain that the homes along Ocean Blvd all have AC, but may not use it, particulary at night, when it is quite pleasant to sleep with the windows and french doors open and feel the cool summer breeze.......

Honestly given your description of how most residents in Coronado would have their windows open to allow a gentle summer breeze flow in, I would be very suspicious of Adam's involvement in Becky's murder if he had his guesthouse windows closed and he wasn't on Ambien that Tues night into Wed.

Inparadise ... It is simply wonderful to have someone near to this case physically that knows the layout of the land, the area, the people, and can provide us with positive detailed information. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500