Crime Scene Investigators return to Anthony Home with Search Warrant #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious as to what would be left to take from the home too. Some here mentioned shoes & photos. I'm also thinking hats/baseball caps that may have been worn when disposing the body, then the hand touching the cap would have a little bit of dirt from the scene, perhaps?

This is true, the Salvation Army in my area does not sell nor take donations of any pre-owned/loved plush toys. No one wants to be responsible for selling an item that may be harmful to a child or make them sick. Germs and bugs are a very real concern with stuffed animals and the like.

Charities spend millions a year sorting through and disposing of junk donated from well meaning people or people who want to get rid of....well junk. It's a big problem.

Actually, I hope this is how the A's handle things, for a couple of years anyways. There are so many wackjobs attracted to this case, that I could see someone trying to steal her remains or something equally weird.
With all their weird antics I can see this "grieving grandmother" taking the remains and having a diamond made out of them to wear around her neck. (They can do that now for those of you who haven't heard). That way NO ONE will ever have access to Caylee ever again. I'm on the fence about this as it is a way of keeping your loved one close to your heart but then again, it could be looked at as a kinda morbid thing to do. But its something I wouldn't put past the "grandmother of the year" plus it is quite expensive to do as well.

Please don't slap me for this.

You also can't "copyright a name" or anything short like that, such as almost all titles. Trade marks, which apply to names, and can be weakened or lost if not defended.

The ownership of names is also from trademark law, we don't say somebody has a name copyrighted because it cannot happen.

turbothink - my bad - thanks for pointing out. it was the wee hours and my left brain wasn't functioning even if the right one was sort of on. it just struck me that anyone who turns a child's name into a piece of intellectual property to protect some kind of interest, might be proprietary enough to not appreciate a memorial. I sure hope nobody in that family buys knockoffs since they are now in the "name biz".

With all their weird antics I can see this "grieving grandmother" taking the remains and having a diamond made out of them to wear around her neck. (They can do that now for those of you who haven't heard). That way NO ONE will ever have access to Caylee ever again. I'm on the fence about this as it is a way of keeping your loved one close to your heart but then again, it could be looked at as a kinda morbid thing to do. But its something I wouldn't put past the "grandmother of the year" plus it is quite expensive to do as well.

Please don't slap me for this.

Yeah or have her cremated so she can bury Caylee with her --- in that form or a diamond form. You 'know' she must be eaten alive with guilt. A person just would be under these circumstances I would think.

The below article addresses why the bar was raised on what charities accept.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/yourmoney/11349136.html?elr=KArksDyycyUtyycyUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

(snips)
While the vast majority of donations are salable and deeply appreciated, said Becker, Goodwill in Minnesota spends about $600,000 a year on trash removal, or about 3 percent of annual sales. It's money that charities would prefer to use on their good deeds, not the garbage.

Ready for Success, a family support program of Episcopal Community Services in Minneapolis and St. Paul, provides low-income women with business attire for work and job interviews. About half of the donations are not suitable for their clients, said program manager Sue Veazie. Donors drop off fuzzy slippers, pajamas, shorts, jeans and sweatshirts -- none of which are suitable for the office.

Well, so the quick answer was "we don't know what was in the warrant and what was taken out." I see how this could have garnered 2 threads and hundreds of posts.

Well, so the quick answer was "we don't know what was in the warrant and what was taken out." I see how this could have garnered 2 threads and hundreds of posts.

yes I think the title of the thread needs to be changed now.:)

I have decided that there is no book telling you what to do and how to act if your granddaughter is murdered but I could probably write a small pamphlet about what NOT to do. Taking down a memorial, attacking fine people like TM and alienating LE by obstructing justice (just my opinion!) is the wrong way to go.

Hmm....still wondering about that warrant being executed yesterday.......has there been any comment from any of the assorted attorneys now attached to every person involved in this case as to the issuance or what they might have taken?

Or should we still continue to discuss whether or not the Anthony's are horrid for doing this thing or not doing that thing.

Oh my god. Seriously. Why is it your business whether Cindy and George choose to cremate the remains, bury them, turn them into a diamond necklace or give Caylee a private service?

This is their grandchild. Not yours. Not mine. Not Americas. Not the worlds. Yes, we have all followed Caylee's horrific story and it's beautiful so many care but it makes me ill beyond belief that so many people here want to claim Caylee as theirs, instead of realizing that her Nan, Pop, Uncle and even Casey (yes even Casey despite her despicable act) are the ones Caylee loved. At this point George and Cindy have not been described by LE as having anything to do with her death. So you can badmouth the Anthonys, but you won't ever take away their relationship with Caylee, nor their memories. We don't even know how they feel at this point. The fact is within reason, the way they choose to honor Caylee is not your problem. This is their loss of their granddaughter and they will honor her short life as they see fit, even if it is turned into a diamond (oh, and by the way, what an insult to all people who have chosen to do this!!) regardless of what you may feel.

Lot of complaints about this thread going off topic.

The topic is the 2nd search warrant and the visit to the Anthony home on Saturday 12-20.

closed to see if I can clean it up some and move OT posts to a new thread.

okay I am stopping because I am up to 50 OT posts and counting.
If there is discussion elsewhere about taking down the memorial, please discuss it there.
if you want to discuss the Search warrant and the search of the Anthony home yesterday 12-20, someone can start a thread if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member