CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowdy clothes business: The posed photos she looks great. The photo that she doesn't know is being taken she looks dowdy. OK folks...wouldn't that hold true for anyone of us? We post pics we like. If I take a picture of you when you are running out of the house to go get a quart of milk -- do you think you are going to look the same as the pics you posted on Facebook. SHE DID NOT KNOW SHE WAS GOING TO BE PHOTOGRAPNED. For all we know this is how she looked all the time -- except on occasions when she knew she was going to be photographed.

Has anyone seen the name of the professor being questioned. Don't post it. Just let me know if you've seen it. Thanks.

This is so very tragic. What a loss. Poor Annie. I hope Yale will take major steps to improve security.

Note a comment on the earlier news report at
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/12/news/new_haven/doc4aabf19f66a5b662461713.txt

To chrisg wrote on Sep 12, 2009 3:54 PM:
" The building she was in is huge and has many underground tunnels,believe it or not you can go in one tunnel and literally come out across campus, that being said it is possible to get into and out off that building without being seen!"

OMG! I can't believe you just wrote this! I was getting ready to type about a book I read a couple of years ago about a perp at one college that was killing campus girls at I believe it was Yale - and he was I think a military cadet...AND HE WAS USING THE TUNNEL SYSTEM UNDER YALE TO SCOPE OUT HIS VICTIMS! I have to figure out the title of the book...even if it takes me all day!

I've been heavily involved with research so here goes: The lab I was in had hydrochloric acid about 36% HCL...that's pretty concentrated and I'm sure different labs have various concentrations. Acid will leave holes and weaken the cloth, but to dissolve every shred/thread, I think that would take some time...and would depend on the material... gosh I don't want to guess.

and also, from a comment on
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/12/news/new_haven/doc4aabf19f66a5b662461713.txt

"saddened wrote on Sep 12, 2009 3:55 PM:
So saddened and heartbroken about this situation. There's an incinerator in that building that I'm sure investigators are taking a look at. No doubt that something horrible has happened and someone who works at Yale know what happened. Terrible. "

I hope and pray that the investigators will find good evidence in spite of the perpetrator's best efforts.

Sorry, I dont have a link but I just heard on local news that authorities will have a news conference @ 5:30PM EST.

This on the heels of bloody clothes being found, just does not seem good at all.
My continued prayers for Annie, her family and friends.

That makes me think she is still in the building. If the killer was able to remove her from the building why wouldn't he take the clothes? Also makes me think he probably wanted to get back into the building to remove the clothes but couldn't when Annie was reported missing and the cops started searching the building.

I can't see why some random person off the street, if he somehow gained access, would hide clothes in the ceiling.

But whoever it was had plenty of time to remove bloody clothing...:confused: as to why they would leave it when she wasn't reported missing until 9PM that nite by her roomate when she failed to return home that nite!

I feel in my heart that this brillant young lady, who from her pictures was full of life & had so much to contribute to her field of studies.

ETA: my hinky meter is on the professor...no one heard any screaming (she wouldn't be afraid of him till after the buliding was blasting from the sound of the alarm).....perfect opportunity to attack her at that moment. Maybe he was infactuated with her or jealous??? Sorry thinking of theroies while typing everyone....& sorry for any typos....blurry vision! :winko:

My prayers go out to her loved ones when this was supposed to be a weekend filled with so much joy. :shakehead: :cry:

:angel:

But whoever it was had plenty of time to remove bloddy clothing...:confused: as to why they would leave it when she wasn't reported missing until 9PM that nite by her roomate when she failed to return home that nite!
Maybe the clothes were hid in the ceiling of a room that was occupied for the rest of the day so he couldn't go back and retrieve it without anyone seeing him.

My heart goes out to her loved ones also. So sad.

Has anyone seen the name of the professor being questioned. Don't post it. Just let me know if you've seen it. Thanks.

Yes, we've seen it, and it's posted here. Why can't we post it? Anton Bennett has been quoted about his advisee and what went on that day.
Articles linked below say LE questioned him partly because of the timing of his cancelling the class she was to teach.

Sources: Bloody clothing found at Yale
New Haven State's Attorney Dearington at scene
Updated: Saturday, 12 Sep 2009, 4:17 PM EDT
Published : Saturday, 12 Sep 2009, 3:35 PM EDT
<snipped>
Bloody clothing has been found in ceiling tiles at 10 Amistad Street, the Yale building where Annie Le was last seen, law enforcement sources tell News Channel 8.

The sources tell News Channel 8's Erin Cox the area where the items were found is now considered a crime scene.

New Haven Police Chief James Lewis would only tell News Channel 8 that no body has been found.

Around 12:15 p.m., New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington was photographed leaving the building at 10 Amistad St. with New Haven Assistant Chief Peter Reichard.

A Yale University spokesperson said a statement would be released "sometime today".

Investigators outside the lab where Le worked drove away from the scene with a man they were questioning, the Associated Press reported. Two agents were seen questioning the man just before 10:30 a.m. When they finished talking, the man got in the front seat of the unmarked car and one of the agents got in the back seat. The car then drove away.

* NOTE: Included In Article!VIDEO REPORT: Sources: Bloody clothing found at Yale

Article:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_ha...en_bloody_clothing_found_at_yale_200909121535

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoQ3acOuGQ4"]YouTube - FBI question man outside Yale lab[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jonci9MEV44"]YouTube - Sources: Bloody clothing found at Yale[/ame]

I've been heavily involved with research so here goes: The lab I was in had hydrochloric acid about 36% HCL...that's pretty concentrated and I'm sure different labs have various concentrations. Acid will leave holes and weaken the cloth, but to dissolve every shred/thread, I think that would take some time...and would depend on the material... gosh I don't want to guess.

You answered exactly what I needed to hear. She's only been missing for a few days. Basically, if her body was placed in a vat of highly concentrated acid, it could molecularly break down and sort of disintegrate, right? but the clothes would take longer...therefore, the clothes would have been removed (if this were a method used to dispose of her body) since it would take longer, possibly ALOT longer, for them to dissolve, right? So, if they were her bloody clothes, and if her body isn't found, this could be a plausible theory, right? Maybe?

I happen to believe her body was hidden somewhere in the lab...just a hunch. And for hiding the odor -- this is a lab. The have formaldahyde. If it was a scientist-type I'm sure they would be able to mask the odor.

in her lab or an acquaintance's lab. Another question: Research Labs are closed and sealed except for members of the research team, right? Or, does anyone that needs to use a lab have access? The reason I'm asking is b/c if the ductwork was used to move around by the perp, the same level of security would have had to be in place as the security used for access to certain floors or certain labs...maybe? At least I would think it would be like that. I wonder whose ductwork connects with her research lab's ductwork?

in her lab or an acquaintance's lab. Another question: Research Labs are closed and sealed except for members of the research team, right? Or, does anyone that needs to use a lab have access? The reason I'm asking is b/c if the ductwork was used to move around by the perp, the same level of security would have had to be in place as the security used for access to certain floors or certain labs...maybe? At least I would think it would be like that. I wonder whose ductwork connects with her research lab's ductwork?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/12/2009-09-12_ cops_seeking_clues_in_missing_yale_student_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html

You answered exactly what I needed to hear. She's only been missing for a few days. Basically, if her body was placed in a vat of highly concentrated acid, it could molecularly break down and sort of disintegrate, right? but the clothes would take longer...therefore, the clothes would have been removed (if this were a method used to dispose of her body) since it would take longer, possibly ALOT longer, for them to dissolve, right? So, if they were her bloody clothes, and if her body isn't found, this could be a plausible theory, right? Maybe?

HCL will dissolve bone but Hydrofluoric acid (HF) is supposedly the best chemical to dispose of human flesh/bone. I get the chills even thinking about this. I feel the loss of Annie is tragic at every dimension I can think of.

Bloody clothes found hidden above ceiling tiles in the research facility where she was last seen. No confirmation if her body has been found yet.

Just on Fox News.

If she was kidnapped she could have been forced to put on other clothing and could have smuggled out during the fire drill.
Is there any political ties with her family?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/12/2009-09-12_ cops_seeking_clues_in_missing_yale_student_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html

The link wasn't working. Here's the full link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...nt_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html
The NY Daily News headline/subline informs her body was also found, but nowhere in their article does it state that. Has her body been found, also? Good GOD! Their subline informs news media are informing a body was found also. Can anyone confirm this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member