CT CT - Billy Smolinski, 31, Waterbury, 24 Aug 2004

DEC 27

(WTNH) – The Help Find the Missing Act, also known as “Billy’s Law,” was signed into law on Tuesday by President Joe Biden. The new law was named after a Connecticut man who went missing almost 18 years ago.

“Billy’s Law” will help close loopholes in America’s missing persons systems by streamlining the missing persons reporting process and ensuring that law enforcement databases are more accessible and comprehensive.

It would be nice if the person or people involved in his disappearance and probable murder
Would come to justice.

DEC 28, 2022
President Biden on Tuesday signed a bill named for a missing Waterbury man that is meant to make searches for lost loved ones more effective for families and law enforcement agencies.

[...]

The law connects NamUs with the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC) to create more comprehensive missing persons and unidentified remains databases and streamline the reporting process for local law enforcement. It also expands current law by requiring missing children be reported to NamUs and requires the Department of Justice to issue guidelines and best practices on handling missing persons and unidentified remains cases to empower law enforcement, medical examiners and coroners to help find the missing.

[...]

"This is a big deal that is going to ensure the thousands of other families with missing loved ones won’t face the same obstacles going forward,” he said.

[...]

Surprised there aren't more posts about this. I'm really happy to read that Billy's Law was passed after the try that didn't work.

I wonder if all of the stuff about the concrete and construction was intentional misdirection. MG was pulling down posters and so on, I don't believe this was done because of emotional distress, I believe it was done as they didn't want people seeing his face/information plastered everywhere or maybe some weird reaction to a feeling of guilt (maybe having knowledge, etc). If, for example, they WERE intentionally trying to derail the efforts, wouldn't it make sense that instead of telling anyone the truth, they would tell a false narrative to people, i.e. say "we are going to say this about construction/houses" when in fact it was something else?

If LE do think that the SK thing re the job site in White Hills is accurate, surely there are records as to which job site he was working on at that time, which one was having concrete poured? I liked the suggestion in this thread about GPR. I would look at the man in the police report's sites too! As he said that he was a developer with SK as an employee.

Something is very odd about all of this.

Having said that, I just don't know, it all seems very convenient and like it could be to throw someone off. The person who filed the report was the boss of SK and his son is friends with that group, I'm not saying he has made it up at all but just maybe he was fed false information. Taking the posters down is derailment and then this, this statement is made after SK has passed away so even if he was to be viewed as a suspect they cannot go after him.

I hope they find Billy. I guess I hope they look at where they think the incident happened, who was involved and locations they had access to.

I didn't like that they have insinuated that Billy made threatening phone calls to CS, to me it sounds like he was trying to warn him? But either way, if he made three phone calls to CS, that would have pissed off SK, along with breaking up with MG. But also, who was this person in the love triangle? I say this because love triangles are meant to be a leading cause of homicide. Like someone else I feel they should talk to CS, DM, WF and all of the people in that report anyway.

Have they been looking in Woodbridge?

Really hope that they find him but it seems so very difficult. He has a lasting legacy - Billy's Law - which will help so many people, I just wish it could help him.

Billy left a voicemail telling the man to "watch his back."

Police believe Billy was murdered, but by whom? And where is his body?

Billy's heartbroken parents have been trying to find him for two decades.

Eyewitness News investigative reporter Kristin Thorne steps in to help.

Kristin also tracks down persons of interest in Billy's disappearance and pushes them for the truth.

Kristin finds that the puzzle pieces lie across Connecticut -- witnesses who saw strange things happen at the time of Billy's disappearance.

For instance, a young girl said she saw men in the woods carrying what she believed to be a body; a woman saw a white truck matching Billy's in the woods behind her house; and a group of 20-year-olds hanging out in a parking lot late at night saw a man walk into a deserted driving range carrying large bags.

Kristin also tracks down persons of interest in Billy's disappearance and pushes them for the truth.

Kristin finds that the puzzle pieces lie across Connecticut -- witnesses who saw strange things happen at the time of Billy's disappearance.

For instance, a young girl said she saw men in the woods carrying what she believed to be a body; a woman saw a white truck matching Billy's in the woods behind her house; and a group of 20-year-olds hanging out in a parking lot late at night saw a man walk into a deserted driving range carrying large bags.
The man that he told to "watch his back" was the owner of a trucking company. I've always wondered if he made Billy's body disappear out of state. I hope his family gets answers.

Cases like this one, like Maura Murray and a few others that have captured our attention for many years----remind me that we will probably never have the answers we seek. It is sad but true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back