CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/85dfct.html

he Doe Network:
Case File 85DFCT

Left & Center: Pockett, circa 1973; Right: Age-progressed to 39 years (circa 2005)

Janice K. Pockett
Missing since July 26, 1973 from Tolland, Tolland County, Connecticut.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 15, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 7 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0" (122 cm); 65 lbs (29 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: Navy blue shorts with an imprinted design and a blue and white-striped jersey.
Dentals: She has a gap between her front teeth.
Other: DNA available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Pockett left her family's home to take a bicycle ride at 15.00 on July 26, 1973. The girl told her mother she was going to get a butterfly she had left under a rock in a wooded area on Rhodes road. Her bike was found six days later on Rhoades Road, near her home, close to a wooded area.

An extensive search of the woods resulted in no clues as to Pockett's whereabouts. She has not been seen or heard from since.

A convicted murderer and known pedophile, confessed to Pockett's killing in the 1970's. He claimed that he buried Pockett in an area near Lawrence, Massachusetts. Pockett's body has never been discovered and the suspect was never charged in her disappearance. He died in prison in 1999.

The suspect claimed that Pockett was buried near the grave of Angelo Puglisi.

Janice Pockett is one of six young females either missing or found dead in the area since 1968.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Connecticut State Patrol
860-779-4900
Email
OR
860-779-4940
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 000000014

NCMEC #: NCMC923957

NCIC Number:
M-239254040
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Connecticut Department Of Public Safety
The Boston Globe On-Line
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Connecticut Department of Public Safety
JKPockett.jpg
JPockett2.jpg

Thank you for keeping this thread alive, sister. I keep checking in, hoping for a break. I hope we find it soon.

bumping again i know they recently came out with the playing cards they were showing to inmates in ct prisons. was your sister printed on one of those cards?

No, Janice was not featured on a playing card. I'm not sure if any missing children were.
I have some suspicions about a relative who could have been involved; just hope the police are looking into it....

thinking of her today. were there any other cases they think janice's is linked to?

bumping for janice may this be the year for answers for her family

bumping for janice 39 years ago you vanished. may the rest of whats left of this year be the year your family gets the answers they are looking for. someone somewhere knows what happened to you

Today marks the 39th anniversary of Janice's disappearance.

Still praying for answers. Janice is not forgotten. :rose: :praying:

Thinking of Janice today. She is not forgotten.

Janice's and Lisa White's disappearances will be featured on "Dark Minds", Investigation Discovery some time after March 2013 when season 2 starts. The episode will also include Molly Bish and Holly Piirainen.

I am so glad shows like that are giving light to these old cases! There are a few other missing persons cases to be featured on Disappeared as well that are older cases.

This might be a long shot, but maybe this is worth looking into:
s3cbJDK.jpg
vs
TOOcV2m.jpg

(JP is on the left)
The girl on the right was abducted by a man in anywhere from Jun. '73- Aug. '75 and died 15 years later in a vehicle accident. All of her given names are not her real ones and she is considered an UID. She gave birth before dying to a boy who was abducted by the same man in 1994, when he was 6. The boy is still missing. The UID was also wanted for a homicide at the time of her death.

my sister's DNA was compared to this woman - not a match

sister, I am praying that some national media regarding Janice's case brings in some leads!!! I for sure will be watching.

Thank you Admin for placing Janice on the front page of the forum...praying for a break in the case!

:grouphug:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728