Found Deceased CT - Lauren Smith-Fields, 23, Bridgeport, 12 Dec 2021

flower_girl

Reaction score
Lauren Smith-Fields, 23, was found deceased on December 12 2021 after a Bumble date.

NINTCHDBPICT000702059084.webp

Lauren Smith-Fields was found unresponsive in her Bridgeport home on December 12.

The unidentified man alerted the police to her death but was not taken in for questioning.

An autopsy has been completed but the young woman's cause of death has not yet been released by the medical examiner.

Investigators are also not commenting on the case, according to Westchester News 12.

Smith-Fields' family has criticized the cops and her father says he has paid for a second autopsy as they claim they are not getting the answers they want from authorities.

The family claims her death took place under mysterious circumstances.

"Without a doubt, we know that my daughter was not a drug user, and I had a second autopsy myself paid out of pocket because we felt so uncomfortable with the way it was handled," her father Everett told News 12.

He blasted the police response in a scathing statement claiming the family had been dealing with a "very insensitive, condescending and arrogant detective."

The heartbroken dad added that he believed the family had not been given even "basic courtesies" by the authorities and that they were told to stop calling.

"It's killing me inside, I miss my baby," mom Shantell Fields said.

"Life is not the same I don't know who I'm going to be after this."

There has been little mainstream media coverage until recently, but there has been a lot of discussion and sharing on social media. I will share some topics in a different comment.

<modsnip: Not MSM>

Woman found dead in her apartment after meeting older man on dating app

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised I hadn't seen a thread here yet because this case seems so suspicious. A summary of facts from the articles listed above:

• She was found unresponsive in her apartment on 12/12/21
  • The man she was on a Bumble date with reported her death to the police but was not taken in
  • Authorities and Medical Examiner have not released much if any info and her father paid for a second autopsy
  • Authorities have been "very insensitive, condescending and arrogant detective" and told them to stop calling when they kept calling checking for case updates
  • She was on a date with an older white man but that is all that has been released - the police told her family members that he "seems like a nice guy" and they were not investigating

It seems like her family has received extremely minimal information and the response from authorities is alarming.

Lauren's Instagram
Lauren's Youtube Channel

Sorry folks, some posts have been removed or edited due to Rolling Stone and bet.com not being MSM.

Lauren's family tells NBC Connecticut their nightmare started more than a month ago after not hearing from her. Shantell and Lauren's brother went to her apartment on Dec. 13 but when they got to her apartment, she wasn't there - but they saw a note on the door.

The family said the note had a number on it and said, 'If you're looking for Lauren' call the number. The number belonged to the landlord who later told Shantell and her brother that she had died.

The family said they had to call police and the detective about the case and did not get confirmation about Lauren's death until they reached out to the Bridgeport Police Department.

Bridgeport Police issued a statement to NBC Connecticut:
"On December 12, 2021, the Bridgeport Emergency Operations Center received a call for service regarding an untimely death. Upon police arrival, it was found that Ms. Laruen-Smith-Fields passed away unexpectedly. This incident is currently being investigated by the Bridgeport Police Department's Detective Bureau. This investigation remains open and active. The Detective Bureau is awaiting the final report from the Chief Medical Examiner's Office for cause and manner of death of Ms. Smith-Fields. The Bridgeport Police Department offers it's sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Ms. Lauren Smith-Fields. We encourage anyone with information regarding this incident to contact either Detective-Sergeant Joseph Morales at 203-581-5219 or the Bridgeport Police TIPS line at 203-576-8477."

The family said once they reached out to the detective, he confirmed that Lauren had passed away and she had met a man through the dating app known as "Bumble.

"When I asked the officer about the guy, he said he was a very nice guy and they weren't looking into him anymore," said Jetter. "It was almost like he was sticking up for him and it seemed weird to hear that from a detective."
Lauren Smith-Fields' Family Searches for Answers a Month After Her Death

Family claim failings in investigation into death of college student

“We’re filing a lawsuit here in Bridgeport to compel them to process this case, to protect this family and to give them the equal rights they deserve under the Connecticut Constitution” says family attorney Darnell Crosland.
Family plans to sue Bridgeport over police probe into death of Lauren Smith-Fields

Last edited:
Lauren Smith-Fields' Family Searches for Answers a Month After Her Death

Family claim failings in investigation into death of college student

“We’re filing a lawsuit here in Bridgeport to compel them to process this case, to protect this family and to give them the equal rights they deserve under the Connecticut Constitution” says family attorney Darnell Crosland.
Family plans to sue Bridgeport over police probe into death of Lauren Smith-Fields

Thanks Mods and Grandma for adding MSM links!

Disappointing that the police failed to contact family or collect evidence!

I wonder if the initial medical exam and family history combined with this aspect of the date’s report are part of why they may think overdose rather than foul play (bbm):

LaFountain claims Smith-Fields became ill and threw up in her bathroom before the two continued drinking tequila mixed drinks. They reportedly played games, ate food and began watching a movie when Smith-Fields allegedly received a text, went outside to get something from her brother and then, upon her return, went into her bathroom for 10 to 15 minutes.

Her date told police 'he thought it was odd, but didn't feel it was his place to say anything as he didn't know her that well,' the incident report reportedly reads.

Afterwards, the pair continued to watch the movie and finished the bottle of tequila before she fell asleep on the couch. LaFountain allegedly carried her to her bedroom and the two went to bed.

He claims he woke up around 3am to use the bathroom and found Smith-Fields snoring. Then, around 6:30am he reportedly found her lying on her right side with blood coming out of her right nostril and not breathing. He then called 911.

PICTURED: Bumble date of dead Connecticut woman, 23, who claims she died following night of drinking | Daily Mail Online

I understand they are still waiting for the toxicology reports and the results can take months? Please correct me if I’m wrong.
That being said, there’s no excuse for insensitive behavior towards her family.

I understand they are still waiting for the toxicology reports and the results can take months? Please correct me if I’m wrong.
That being said, there’s no excuse for insensitive behavior towards her family.
Right. I assume they are waiting on toxicology.

But to the family’s point, it seems like they should have at least bagged and collected the cups the couple was drinking out of the night before she died.

Moo.

A day after the family of Lauren Smith-Fields called out Mayor Joe Ganim at a march calling for answers in the case of the Bridgeport woman found dead last month, the mayor promised for a “full and fair investigation” and pledged to make any “appropriate changes.”

“I offer my support in bringing closure to the family during this terrible tragedy,” Ganim’s statement said.

Smith-Fields’ family did not immediately respond to Ganim’s statement Monday afternoon…

“I support and add my voice to the family, community, and elected officials who are calling for state legislation on this issue,” Ganim said.

The mayor also said he has contacted the medical examiner “to request assistance in expediting this matter so that the investigation can proceed and detectives may provide a comprehensive report to the family and parents of Lauren Smith-Fields.”

Ganim promises ‘full and fair investigation’ into Lauren Smith-Fields case

I would not continue drinking something like Tequila, after throwing up. But, that is just me.
Did her brother confirm he stopped by her place? Or possibly she stated it was family, when it was someone else. Or perhaps this is a narrative the guest is just putting out.
Was this the first date or first time meeting?

My opinions.

*Edit-an article above states they had only known each other 3 days.

I hope there is information that she willingly took a substance or perhaps was known to have done so in the past. Otherwise, I would think further investigation may be needed.

Last edited:
I would not continue drinking something like Tequila, after throwing up. But, that is just me.
Did her brother confirm he stopped by her place? Or possibly she stated it was family, when it was someone else. Or perhaps this is a narrative the guest is just putting out.
Was this the first date or first time meeting?

My opinions.

*Edit-an article above states they had only known each other 3 days.

I hope there is information that she willingly took a substance or perhaps was known to have done so in the past. Otherwise, I would think further investigation may be needed.
Her brother admitted he stopped by but said it was only about some laundry and he couldn’t tell she was drunk.

Her date however said she had drank to illness already and came back after seeing her brother to spend 10-15 minutes in the bathroom.

Both above were in daily mail I linked upthread.

if you google her brother’s name you will find some background. Add the keyword methadone to narrow further.

Lauren’s death is a tragic loss. The Bridgeport Police Department’s treatment of her family is inexcusable but unfortunately, not surprising. This is the mentality of many of the police departments in the state of Connecticut and surrounding areas. In Connecticut this view starts at the very top with our government officials. I have seen it first hand, far too many times. The corruption in this state goes beyond anything I have ever heard or read about and something must be done about it.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back