Dad Of naked 6 Yr Old Cover Girls Writes About "Sensuality Of Children"

I understand your statement, SCM-actually both of them. In the case of this um, artist/parent I think he is just trying to drive some controversy and increase traffic around the photo.

Being with a child is an incredibly tactile experience-especially on a hot, humid summer day or when you want 10 seconds to pee, lol, but I don't find it sexy personally. I think they are beautiful, and winsome and special....

ROFL!!! This is exactly what rolled through my mind at the word "sensual".....yeah, when using the word "sensual" to mean "of the senses", being with a kid is very "sensual". They're full of funny odors, textures ("Mama, here's a booger I pulled out of my nose"), colors (see previous), tastes ("Mama, open your mouth" :::eek:pens mouth obligingly::: "Honey! What the heck did you just put in my mouth?!" "Mama, I told you I pulled a booger out of my nose")......the list goes on.

But yes...full of beauty, and appealing to the eye and heart. But "sexual"? Not in a million years.

Maybe I am missing something but I find children to be extraordinarily sensual, and I'm missing the outrage of some of these posts.

The sights, sounds, smells, tastes and feel of hugs, snuggles, nuzzles, feeding at the breast, bathing, grooming, caretaking etc, etc...the interdependence between parents and infant/child - yes, those things are sensual and key to bonding, IMHO.

Exactly, as Freud pointed out quite clearly more than a century ago.

I know most of us don't like to think about it, but it isn't an evolutionary accident that the same body part a woman uses for breast feeding is also an erogenous zone. It's just an extra incentive to make sure infants are well fed.

I know most of us don't like to think about it, but it isn't an evolutionary accident that the same body part a woman uses for breast feeding is also an erogenous zone. It's just an extra incentive to make sure infants are well fed.

Hey Nova,

Excellent point!

But I must admit that when I saw your hat, I thought - he's going to rat me out for my Christmas card!!!:eek:

:blowkiss: South

SCM...thats not the picture that started the controversy. I started the original thread on this the other day and the original pic is linked in that thread. I dont know how to link this thread to that one. In the original article, there was one pic on the cover of the mag and two more inside.

The jewellery in the pic you linked looks like something an older woman would wear.

Sorry Ciara, I didn't see the other thread.

What forum is the original thread in, Ciara? I'd love to see the pics that started it all.

Little girls dress up in their Mom's jewelry all the time. It's darn near a rite of passage!

Sorry SCM....I was away from my pc when u left the message asking about the thread even though I was still logged in. I just got back but see you found it anyway.:)

Sorry SCM....I was away from my pc when u left the message asking about the thread even though I was still logged in. I just got back but see you found it anyway.:)

No problem, Ciara. I figured I couldn't rightly call myself sleuther if I didn't try to ferret it out myself!:)

IMO that's such baloney! lol I breastfed 4 babies and I did that because I loved them and wanted them to thrive. It had nothing to do with my erogenous zones. (Maybe if I believed in the theory of evolution I might think the same way as others here about that...)

:rolleyes: :floorlaugh:

How the hell would he know?

This may well be true!! And yes - children don't arouse a sexual desire in me. Sensual and sexual are different to me though - however, admittedly the two experiences can intertwine.

I understood you were differentiating, but I was too lazy to post that...:blowkiss:

IMO that's such baloney! lol I breastfed 4 babies and I did that because I loved them and wanted them to thrive. It had nothing to do with my erogenous zones. (Maybe if I believed in the theory of evolution I might think the same way as others here about that...)

:rolleyes: :floorlaugh:

I know women who became sexually aroused when they breastfed because of the stimulation to their nipples. This does not, of course, mean they wanted to have sex with their child. Whether or not the stimulation causes sexual feelings for the woman, breastfeeding is a sensual experience for mother and child.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24002978-661,00.htmlA PROMINENT child psychologist says art critic Robert Nelson failed as a parent by allowing nude photos of his daughter to be published.
His attack came as the father of the naked girl depicted on the cover of Art Monthly magazine has written of the "diabolically sexual" potential in child images.

Michael Carr-Gregg said no six-year-old has the maturity to understand the consequences of their naked image being published.

“These pictures are in cyberspace for ever and have the potential to haunt his daughter for the rest of her life,” he told Radio 3AW this morning.

“I’m concerned that her parents have essentially set her up as a target for bullying later on.”

Robert Nelson, art critic with The Age, has responded angrily to criticism of the nude pictures of his six-year-old daughter Olympia in the magazine's most recent issue, which is being investigated by the Australian Classification Board and may be pulled from the shelves.

Hitting back, Mr Nelson described the latest attack as an insult on his daughter.

"You have this really bizarre lobby of people who are claiming to protect children. And yet they have no compunction at all about insulting them publicly and making strife for them," he told the radio station.

I know women who became sexually aroused when they breastfed because of the stimulation to their nipples. This does not, of course, mean they wanted to have sex with their child. Whether or not the stimulation causes sexual feelings for the woman, breastfeeding is a sensual experience for mother and child.

Does this topic come up with your women friends? I'm impressed!

Kids are mean, and no doubt her cute little picture will be all over myspace (or their equivalent) someday. Who knows, maybe she'll grow up stronger because of this.

Thanks for that article miss vegemite.:blowkiss:

Thanks for the link, miss vegemite. If one of the purposes of art is to evoke strong emotion, these photos are succeeding!

Does this topic come up with your women friends? I'm impressed!

When we were all breatfeeding - absolutely! We talked honesly about it - the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful and the bizarre. Just as we spoke openly about the fact that some of us were horny 24-7 during pregnancy because of the engorgement of our lady parts. Again, I don't think that means that any of us wanted to have sex with a fetus!:eek:

Sexual responses can be evoked in strange situations!

Did I say it was pervy to be aware of that? I don't think so. Didn't mean to imply that either, just FYI.

Kids are mean, and no doubt her cute little picture will be all over myspace (or their equivalent) someday. Who knows, maybe she'll grow up stronger because of this.

I agree with you Taximom. All the controversy and the publicity surrounding this story has got to be harmful. Most 11 year olds just want to fit in and be one of the group. I imagine when she goes back to school next week (we are on school holidays here), there will be some bullying towards her.

I think it's wrong that her father put her on the National News to defend the pictures. Poor kid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back