Daily Updates- Sun., Sept. 7, 2008

The following was posted on the "Was the search called off" thread by marellano:

marellano
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2007

I got home from the search about an hour ago and I have been pondering what to post on here. I want to say something without saying too much, if you know what I mean. I've rewritten this several times to try to get it right.

It was very hot today, but no different than any other Florida summer day. We were encouraged to drink a lot of water. Our ATV driver had a cooler with him that was fully stocked.

The ground has dried significantly. We didn't encounter any substantial water today in any of my searches (other than ponds, lakes, etc). Yesterday was pretty much the same. Some muddy areas, but nothing major. There were areas with standing water that most likely had been dry in the past, but we're not talking about 3 feet of water...nothing that major. Are there swamps to deal with? Yes, but that will always be the case in Florida. I'm not saying that the conditions I had were the same for other searchers, but that was my experience yesterday and today.

Today’s search was eventful and productive. After leaving command center, I returned to my search location and it was blocked off with police tape. I will be watching the news closely over the next few days.

That's really all I can say. I would love to go into more details, but I just can't. I'm not trying to be mysterious and cryptic, but I would hate to jeopardize the investigation in any way.

Since Tim has said that the search was called off for environmental reasons, I guess we just have to take that at face value and trust that Tim knows what he is doing. I've only met him today and he seems like a top-notch guy.

This message was posted by Tricia in the "Was the search called off" thread:

Today, 06:04 PM
Tricia
Administrator Join Date: Sep 2003

Brad Dennis heads up the KlaasKids National Center for Missing and Trafficked Children. Brad went to Orlando this weekend with 16 search dogs and about 40 people. Not all are with the KlaasKids Center but are from other search groups that Brad contacted.

Here are my notes from my chat with Brad moments ago.

The search has been suspended for now. Law Enforcement is going to reassess the situation.

The search teams have offered to come back in a couple of weeks when every thing dries out.

As someone posted earlier it is because you don't want to hamper the search by pushing bones into the mud. Then they will never be found.

Brad said it was a tremendous effort based the items they were finding out there. It shows how comprehensive their search was . Really small items found in this HUGE muddy, swampy, area. He can't comment on anything that was found.

This is me (Tricia) talking, just because they found things doesn't mean it has anything to do with the case. Don't get your hopes up. On the few searches I have been directly involved with there was a TON of stuff found. None of it case related.

Brad told me a few days ago how much he admires Tim and Texas EquuSearch. He had nothing but praise for Tim as a person and his organization.

Tim is one of those guys that mere words never do him justice.

I'd like to tell you all that Brad Dennis is truly an amazing man.

When Polly Klaas was missing, he felt like it was his calling to help find her. Brad didn't know anyone in the family. He stopped what he was doing and put forth an effort into searching for Polly like you can't believe. Brad is a trained Navy Diver, Dog Handler, and all around guy who can do anything. He took those skills and tried his best to find Polly.

In fact, now that Brad works for KlaasKids he always tells me that his only boss is, "Polly."

Since that time Brad has joined up with Marc Klaas and runs the search center out of Florida. As with everything money is an issue. They never charge for searches and it all comes out of their own pockets.

Brad told me last week they just found a person, ALIVE who had been missing for 10 years. I asked for details and he said he would "tell me later." He is so humble. If that would have been me you wouldn't have been able to shut me up.

Texas EquuSearch is to be commended for their organization of this search. People like Brad from KlaasKids who brought their cadaver dogs and people who just got up from their kitchen table, put on their boots, and decided to help deserve our thanks as well.

In the future Websleuths will be working more closely with Brad Dennis and KlaasKids Search Center. Especially on the "human trafficking" end of it. That part has been ignored.

And of course Websleuths will always help Tim Miller and TES in any way possible.

Hope all this helps.
6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
Suite H #214
Park City UT

What friends?.....lmao

Wasn't she talking to the 12 year old girl that had set up vigils for Caylee? I thought that little girl ended up in the hospital due to being so upset about the air quality test that was released. JMO

Just in the off chance this link hasn't been posted ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/crimewriter74

Dave Lohr's video channel.
I just read about that. Below is background from Lohr concerning the video. (There is one video posted and he's going to get the second video up later tonight). Basically, 2 protesters (one a grandmother) were assaulted by George Anthony, who (as usual) was telling them to "get off my property" even though the protesters apparently stayed on the sidewalk and hadn't gone onto the lawn (with his fancy lawyer hired now, can't he get decent legal advice about easements? For the love of G-d already!). Anyhow, George got mad at the protesters who were saying "Why are you doing this? Why did you wash the pants? Why are you covering for your daughter?" and he pushed them both, apparently hard. Tried to rip their posters too. I only saw the video posted now (the grandmother). The videos are just interviews with the assault victims/protesters and do NOT show the assault. I am hoping someone actually filmed the assault, even if it's just a lousy cell phone video type thing. They should throw George in jail. It's not like he isn't aware that the sidewalk is public property. He knows that already by now and he already got his free pass the first time he freaked out on protesters. I say arrest him.

George Anthony Headed to Jail For Assaulting Protesters?

Little_girlGeorge Anthony, father of Casey Anthony and grandfather of missing three-year-old Caylee Anthony, freaked out on a group of protesters today and allegedly pushed two of them - a young man and an old lady - because they were standing in front of his house.

I was not on the scene when the argument occurred; however I did locate both victims of the alleged attack and they agreed to talk about it.

I have posted the first video here: http://www.youtube.com/user/crimewriter74. Please note that I just uploaded it and it may take that site a few minutes to comvert it.

I will add the second video to the same site later tonight. I am still on scene right now and it is not very feasible for me to post it with my Blackberry.

As you can tell from the videos, both of the alleged victims are thinking about pressing charges.

In related news, the sheriff's department was on scene when I arrived, busy handing out tickets to anyone who drove by and honked the horn in front of the house. They were also giving tickets to motorists who were blocking the road.

I'll have more updates later, along with an entry about my activities from earlier today.

Interesting.

I just read about that. Below is background from Lohr concerning the video. (There is one video posted and he's going to get the second video up later tonight). Basically, 2 protesters (one a grandmother) were assaulted by George Anthony, who (as usual) was telling them to "get off my property" even though the protesters apparently stayed on the sidewalk and hadn't gone onto the lawn (with his fancy lawyer hired now, can't he get decent legal advice about easements? For the love of G-d already!). Anyhow, George got mad at the protesters who were saying "Why are you doing this? Why did you wash the pants? Why are you covering for your daughter?" and he pushed them both, apparently hard. Tried to rip their posters too. I only saw the video posted now (the grandmother). The videos are just interviews with the assault victims/protesters and do NOT show the assault. I am hoping someone actually filmed the assault, even if it's just a lousy cell phone video type thing. They should throw George in jail. It's not like he isn't aware that the sidewalk is public property. He knows that already by now and he already got his free pass the first time he freaked out on protesters. I say arrest him.

Interesting.

Lol, I once made a comment and it took 2 days to show up. Can't imagine the wait for youtube to examine the criteria of posting an actual video.

IMO, these people (protesters) behave badly. I'm surpised that Orlando cops haven't been more firm.

I'm in Seattle...you can stay on the sidewalk in a really little group without some sort of permit. Seattle is very "generous" about protests ... to the point of murder. And still no change. Critical Mass got seriously violent last month, and as far as I know, none of them have murdered their baby. MOO!

Something really bad is bound to happen.

If I was a neighbor of the Anthony's, knowing them or not, I'd resent it immensely and would want the protesters GONE!

Lol, I once made a comment and it took 2 days to show up. Can't imagine the wait for youtube to examine the criteria of posting an actual video.

IMO, these people (protesters) behave badly. I'm surpised that Orlando cops haven't been more firm.

I'm in Seattle...you can stay on the sidewalk in a really little group without some sort of permit. Seattle is very "generous" about protests ... to the point of murder. And still no change. Critical Mass got seriously violent last month, and as far as I know, none of them have murdered their baby. MOO!

Something really bad is bound to happen.

If I was a neighbor of the Anthony's, knowing them or not, I'd resent it immensely and would want the protesters GONE!

Remember that the protesters are not breaking the law and that the added pressue on the family is just what OPD want.

Remember that the protesters are not breaking the law and that the added pressue on the family is just what OPD want.

IMO, they should be charged with breaking the law, and if they're not, the law should be changed.

In no way do I support the GP's, I believe they are guilty of obstruction and wish that one day they would be charged. Not that I'm holding my breath.

These protestors are disturbing the peace for people who are totally peripheral. I'm not surprised that some have reached their breaking point and are pushing back.

I expect peace and privacy in my own home, and I would like that defended. And if I can't do it myself, that LE would do it, although its a complete waste of their time. What, IYO, are these people trying to accomplish? Pressure?

What pressure? They're oblivious! Dug in deep and a mob with torches won't sway them. IMO.

IMO, they should be charged with breaking the law, and if they're not, the law should be changed.

In no way do I support the GP's, I believe they are guilty of obstruction and wish that one day they would be charged. Not that I'm holding my breath.

These protestors are disturbing the peace for people who are totally peripheral. I'm not surprised that some have reached their breaking point and are pushing back.

I expect peace and privacy in my own home, and I would like that defended. And if I can't do it myself, that LE would do it, although its a complete waste of their time. What, IYO, are these people trying to accomplish? Pressure?

What pressure? They're oblivious! Dug in deep and a mob with torches won't sway them. IMO.

I think that the TV stations should relocate the camera's to the search area's and provide coverage from their instead of in front of the residence, I know that the reporters want to be the first to report the current happings at the residence but someone is going to get hurt.

If the camera's were gone, so would be the protesters.

I think that the police like the fact that the protester's are somewhat disturbing the family hoping that they will break and spill the truth.

I am not saying that I agree with it.

~Snip
“I just have a huge concern that if Caylee is out there and her little body and something did happen to her, and she’s just possibly skeletal remains, if we’re going through there with four-wheelers and horses and just accidentally run over her because she’s under that water and we can’t see her, we’re going to push her more in the mud,” Miller said.

Miller went on to say that Caylee deserves the dignity of having her special spot.

“I know where she’s at right now is not a place she chose to be. So when the conditions get better, we’re going to come back, we’re going to find this little girl and we’re going to bring some closure to this entire community,” Miller said.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/9/7/security_cameras_installed_at_anthony_home.html

WOW. what a good person he is. genuine concern for another human being that is not self-serving. kudos to him for giving the human race a boost.

and to add to my last post...you really have two strong examples in this case of the polar opposites of humanity - the evil self-serving side that is Casey Anthony, and the genuine, caring, and empathetic for the suffering of another, that we see in Tim Miller. if there are any positives at all to be taken from this case, it is that there are caring humans that exist like Tim Miller in this world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back