Dan Rassier Lawsuit Against SCSO

Until they cleared this guy I couldn't believe they just named someone a person of interest for no reason. But they did in the end.
After that massive F up, my faith in the ability of that department to perform effectively is zero.

I rewatched the episode of "The Hunt With John Walsh" about Jacob's murder a couple of days ago. When they were interviewing Sanner (which would have been around 2014), he seemed almost gleeful that the case was not solved, and that there were parts of the investigation he was refusing to discuss, like he had some sort of "secret knowledge" that could crack the case, but was unwilling to. He seemed perfectly content at continuing the case being cold. I know there's debate among us in regards to either they had him (Heinrich) all along, and they should have connected the dots 29 years ago, or things needed to happen in the order they did to secure a conviction, but damn, I can't help but to think all of this could have been solved far sooner than it did. It almost makes me feel that Jacob's abduction and murder gave the county some sort of notoriety that Sanner wasn't willing to let go of yet.

As a side note, I've noticed that Jared and Ryan Larson no longer post here. I hope you guys are doing well, and I miss seeing your input.

The $ went up after Thursday’s press conference. The real surprise was there were no surprises. Sheriff Gudmundson’s candor was what exactly what has been needed in the case for a long time.

Stearns County knew it was Heinrich all along. In Sheriff Charlie Grafft’s dying days he told family members that SCSO knew it was Heinrich, they just lacked the evidence to charge him. If Grafft knew, all of leadership had to know. And that makes Sanner’s run at Rassier all the more baseless

The $ went up after Thursday’s press conference. The real surprise was there were no surprises. Sheriff Gudmundson’s candor was what exactly what has been needed in the case for a long time.

Stearns County knew it was Heinrich all along. In Sheriff Charlie Grafft’s dying days he told family members that SCSO knew it was Heinrich, they just lacked the evidence to charge him. If Grafft knew, all of leadership had to know. And that makes Sanner’s run at Rassier all the more baseless
-------------------------------------------
It is breathtaking in its deliberate deceit, malice, unprofessionalism, lack of ethics, dishonesty and above all, the behavior of this department was just plain wrong. I hate it, I hate what they did to Dan Rassier and I hate how they seemingly willfully ignored the truth. Many of us have spent years studying this case, when LE knew who the culprit was all along. What was their motive for naming Dan Rassier as a person of interest? I am completely disillusioned with LE and have lost all faith that people in positions of authority who could do the right thing will do it.

It's time to pick up the pieces because there is another case that was handled on Sanners watch and is still unsolved.

The case of Joshua Guimond still doesn't have an answer to why an incinerator was used on an off day. Bruce Wolmering wasn't questioned before he died. Noone is searching the two bodies of water he could have fell into. Persistance is key and it's completely lost.

Update. I am now permitted to let you all know that I provided technical assistance, print evidence review (and that I had contacted SCSO and offered to review all of the other print evidence and was turned down) to Dan's attorney, pro bono, in his case against SCSO. Sterns County used a legal loophole to avoid responsibility which to me is despicable.

Along with many others I watched as Stearn's repeatedly botched investigations, which in many cases had horrible impacts on people. Thank God the real perp in this case was caught! And he was only caught because other people who cared got involved. Thank you, Trackergd for all that you did to exonerate an innocent man.

I hope DR brings a lawsuit against Sas and Human for defamation.

Court rules against man once a person of interest in Wetterling case

A federal appeals court has affirmed a lower-court ruling that a man wrongly named a person of interest in the Jacob Wetterling case cannot sue law enforcement investigators for defamation and emotional distress because the suit was filed after the statute of limitations had expired.

In a 34-page lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in St. Paul in 2017, Daniel Rassier said he didn't know he was being recorded when, in 2009, he told Patty Wetterling that he thought authorities had done a poor job of investigating the abduction of her 11-year-old son, Jacob, decades earlier. Partly in retribution for those comments, Rassier alleged, law enforcement wrongly went after him, digging up his farm property to search for human remains in 2010 and publicly naming him as a "person of interest."

Court rules against man once a person of interest in Wetterling case

A federal appeals court has affirmed a lower-court ruling that a man wrongly named a person of interest in the Jacob Wetterling case cannot sue law enforcement investigators for defamation and emotional distress because the suit was filed after the statute of limitations had expired.

In a 34-page lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in St. Paul in 2017, Daniel Rassier said he didn't know he was being recorded when, in 2009, he told Patty Wetterling that he thought authorities had done a poor job of investigating the abduction of her 11-year-old son, Jacob, decades earlier. Partly in retribution for those comments, Rassier alleged, law enforcement wrongly went after him, digging up his farm property to search for human remains in 2010 and publicly naming him as a "person of interest."

This ruling is indeed the end of the matter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back