'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller indicted on federal fraud charges

Nancy Grace transcript with Abby Lee Miller segment, October 19, 2015:

NANCY GRACE

Criminal Charges for "Dance Moms" Star/Erin Andrews Sues for $75 Million. Aired 8-8:30p ET

Aired October 19, 2015 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news right now. After "Dance Mom" Abby Lee Miller escapes accusations on a slap-fest caught no video on Lifetime

TV, is she headed to jail on brand-new accusations -- bombshell now -- that she allegedly cheats the tax man on nearly $1 million stashed away?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ABBY LEE MILLER, "DANCE MOM": Hi. My name is Abby Lee Miller, and a woman just grabbed and pulled my hair and scratched my face.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You bring it upon yourself!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ALM segment continues further down the page...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1510/19/ng.01.html

My kids had incredible coaches who not only taught the sport and got incredible results with their athletes but also built character and were an example of what it means to be a decent human being. I honestly never saw them in screaming matches with kids and parents as I've seen on the commercials for this show.

They scream at each other through the show. I believe they might be encouraged to do so by the producers, although why anyone would think this is enjoyable to watch is beyond my understanding. I also doubt at least some of the competitions these kids go to are real. Some time you can see there is almost no one in the audience except the mothers themselves.

Karma. Love it! You want to be a greedy, dishonest slimeball, you deserve to pay. I can't stand this woman or this show. She is an arrogant, sarcastic, obnoxious neanderthal. The Moms are as bad in terms of their gossiping, backstabbing, fighting, arguing, OMG. Just shameful. The only ones with any class or decency are the girls. I am so ashamed for all of these women, the way they carry on, all for money. Of course I feel the same way about stupid shows like any of the Real Housewives shows, too. Nothing but women fighting, scheming, gossiping, bickering just making huge fools of themselves. Barf.

Too bad they didn't charge her with child abuse as well.

Lol, no. You should see what Romanian and Chinese gymnasts go through since the age of 3-4 if you want to cry abuse. Abby was just not "yes, you can, you are a special snowflake" type of adult the US society cherishes.

‘Dance Moms’ star due in court on fraud charges

Joe Mandak, Associated Press 9:14 a.m. EST November 2, 2015

Pittsburgh — “Dance Moms” star Abigale Lee Miller is to appear before a federal magistrate in Pittsburgh to be arraigned on charges that she tried to hide $775,000 worth of income from the Lifetime network reality show and spinoff projects during her Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

The investigation began when a channel-surfing bankruptcy judge saw Miller on TV in December 2012 and figured she had to be making more than the $8,899 in monthly income she was claiming...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/people/2015/11/02/dance-moms-bankruptcy/75031426/

Abby Lee Miller and Kelly Hyland finally settled their "Dance Moms" lawsuits last week in Los Angeles.

Kelly had agreed to drop her lawsuit filed against Abby and Collins Avenue Entertainment. "Dance Moms" can still use images of Kelly and her daughters, Paige and Brooke, in reruns albeit for a price.

And as part of the agreement, Collins Avenue Entertainment will pay $17,500 to replace the floors in Kelly's home allegedly damaged during the show's production. They must also "keep a friendly front."

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles...suits-abbys-bankcrupty-hearing-date-moved.htm

Federal investigators say they found Miller's emails to a joint venture partner in 2013 with the subject line "Lets make money and keep me out of jail," directing them to "not raise any red flags" and "don't put cash in the bank," according to the indictment.

Inside the courthouse, Miller joked with her attorney, telling him to "get a stylist next time." Miller, who wore all black and carried a Prada purse, declined to answer questions outside and instead promoted her shows and related merchandise. She drove off in a blue Mazda 3.

Miller has been released from custody but must notify the court prior to international travel. A trial date has not been set.

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...by-lee-miller-pleads-not-guilty-fraud-n456126

:lol: I noticed that there is a DM marathon on Lifetime today prior to the season premiere. I always say that I won't watch the show any more but end up peeking :D

:lol: I noticed that there is a DM marathon on Lifetime today prior to the season premiere. I always say that I won't watch the show any more but end up peeking :D

:seeya: LOL !

I'll be watching tonight ... I watch for the dancing, which is fantastic :great:

JMO but cannot stand the "moms" ...

:thinking: But as for Abby . . . :thinking: she is a good teacher ... but ... :tantrum: are too much.

:seeya:

I stopped watching. All the fighting just gotten to be too much for me. Then Abby had been behaving strangely. All of this just doesn't make a good show for me.

Dance Moms is like a :trainwreck: Can't help looking even when you know you shouldn't :blushing:

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

:D So ... anyone watch last night's show, besides me :hilarious:

Anyway ... Abby's legal problems were not brought up in last night's show -- BUT -- her legal problems will be incorporated into the show in upcoming episodes ... and no doubt, it will be a doozy !

JMO ... I am still stunned by this news, as I have watched this show since day 1.

:seeya:

IMO, these so-called reality shows script arguing and dramatic scenes if they don't happen naturally. I think it is a horrible example of grown women interacting badly in front of their daughters. But I don't blame the d as nice instructor. I blame the patents of the girls taking the lessons. Most of these girls won't major in dance or become famous dancers. Surely there is a less shameful way of exposing your child to dance. But given enough money most of these adults could not care less about the effects on their offspring.

My kids had incredible coaches who not only taught the sport and got incredible results with their athletes but also built character and were an example of what it means to be a decent human being. I honestly never saw them in screaming matches with kids and parents as I've seen on the commercials for this show.

These so-called reality shows are mostly scripted. If screaming matches get ratings, you get more screaming matches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back