Daniel Snodgrass

Bluesky#1: Wow - U have great info too! I know of this stuff also and thank U for "what U know and have learned also" Is he a suspect w/U, just curious? U have obviously done your homework on him!

Selling his boat? Dogs tracked Haleighs scent to the water . . . interesting.

You know what? You have a very valid point there. Maybe DS had his boat anchored in the area that Haleigh's scent stopped. Maybe this is how she was transferred to another area w/o anyone seeing her. Once Haleigh was reported missing, he wanted to get rid of the boat as quickly as possible to get rid of any evidence that might connect him to Haleigh.
I think the fact DS owned a boat and Haleigh's scent stopped at the water is more than a coinky dinky. Add that to the fact that DS is a RSO and add the tape Cobra made of step-daughter Misty stating that DS took his victims to a shed on his property......Hmmmm. If I was LE I would definitely be looking at DS for involvement in Haleigh's disappearance.

I would have to investigate DS's cases before I could jump to any conclusions.

When we saw misty for the first time, she appeared much younger than her stated age. She looked to be 12 yrs. old. She would be a prime target for an offender much before a 5 yr old.

As far as boats go, rc also had a boat (In GGma's name of course)....wasn't it conviscated?

I would have to investigate DS's cases before I could jump to any conclusions.

When we saw misty for the first time, she appeared much younger than her stated age. She looked to be 12 yrs. old. She would be a prime target for an offender much before a 5 yr old.

Yes, but since it has been stated that Misty was a pro, she wouldn't be a target at all. For the right price she could be had. We are speculating about Daniel Snodgrass and his possible involvement in Haleigh's disappearance. That's why we were talking about his boat and how odd it is that he sold it after Haleigh disappeared.

Thank you Blue, it is compelling the way everything seems to connect and intersect in this case. Do you know if Cobra had his trial( or whatever he was supposed to have had), a few days ago? I heard elsewhere that he was coming upon his court date for his charges related to this case and I haven't been able to find out anything. TIA

Sorry elle, I don't remember off hand what the current status of Cobra's trial is but if I come across it, I'll let you know.

You know what? You have a very valid point there. Maybe DS had his boat anchored in the area that Haleigh's scent stopped. Maybe this is how she was transferred to another area w/o anyone seeing her. Once Haleigh was reported missing, he wanted to get rid of the boat as quickly as possible to get rid of any evidence that might connect him to Haleigh.
I think the fact DS owned a boat and Haleigh's scent stopped at the water is more than a coinky dinky. Add that to the fact that DS is a RSO and add the tape Cobra made of step-daughter Misty stating that DS took his victims to a shed on his property......Hmmmm. If I was LE I would definitely be looking at DS for involvement in Haleigh's disappearance.

FYI, DS is an ex-chemist in the military. Several WS members read up on the abilities of scent dogs and came to the conclusion that if HaLeigh had been in his boat, these specially trained dogs would still be able to pick up her scent regardless of how much time had passed.

Originally Posted by B4igo2it
other WS threads wondering if anyone knows Cobra's court status - anyone?
--------
Rec'd just now from MeeMaw12:

He goes next Monday, from his document

2010-01-25 45 TRIAL MINUTES: AT CALENDAR CALL CASE CONTINUED TO
2010-01-25 45 NEXT TRIAL 03/22/2010
2010-01-25 46 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (03/22/2010)
2010-01-25 47 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (03/22/2010)

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

UCN: 542009CF000488XXAXMX
File Date: 2009-03-25 Judge: EDWARD E HEDSTROM
Defense Atty: HOLMES, DONALD E

Defendant
STAUBS, WILLIAM EUGENE
Alias

Camp Cobra is the only place I know of. He talked with someone that either knows DS or is kin to DS... the convo between Cobra and the woman saw claims made that we were unable to verify
(like, the lady said that Snodgrass was supposedly on a news show like 20/20 for getting away with murder... but we never could find anything on it)[/QUOTE]

Elphaba, you are right; we never heard back from any of the news shows after we attempted to verify MS's statement to Cobra, but FWIW, a WS poster on DS thread said she had her TV on and remembers hearing the story about DS.

I've always thought that abduction was a real possibility. Ron Jr.'s description of a man taking his sister always suggested abduction to me. With all the sketchy evidence and claims we consider, we often discount the one person other than Misty who was in position to be an eyewitness.

The fact that Misty Croslin knew this guy makes me wonder: is he the person who they sort of "don't care about" who could get hurt?

This DS sounds like a very skeery guy!! Could be why Misty won't open her mouth and talk. Are there any gun charges on DS (I'm thinking about Misty talking about a gun being put in her mouth or something like that)? Is this the guy with the trampoline or was that S**p?

Is this the danny mentioned on the Cobra tapes with the Barbra woman? the Danny isnt a pimp. danny?

Are people now saying that DS is not an RSO? I guess I will have to dive in to this case and I don't want to...at all. I can see why this is touchy, if he has not been convicted than it makes it more difficult to discern. I need the facts....off to sleuthing.

Yes, and after DS was ordered to leave the HaLeighBug Centre and his donations were refused, DS claimed his feelings were hurt so he returned and began shouting obscenities at the workers. LE was notified and arrived at the HB Centre to investigate, but because DS's appearance had significantly changed since he was charged in 2007 for child molestation, they didn't feel they could arrest him because they couldn't confirm it was him. Consequently, no charges were filed against DS for this disturbance and when Cobra learned Snodgrass had violated the Judge's order to not be around children, he stepped in and went after him.

First off, let me say: I am not trying to start a war here and please don't take this post as an attack, but I feel it is in everyone's best interest that we make sure we are sharing info that checks out. Unfortunately, your post I am replying to does not match up to what John R and Art Harris reported to FirstCoastNews... (John and Art are the ones that were involved with the DS donation encounter). DS' donations weren't turned down until after John and Art went to DS' house to check the stuff out... and Art reported on his site that after him and John refused the donations and started querying DS and exchanging heated words, DS ordered them off of HIS property.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ajDG0BCmbs

This DS sounds like a very skeery guy!! Could be why Misty won't open her mouth and talk.
Are there any gun charges on DS (I'm thinking about Misty talking about a gun being put in her mouth or something like that)? Is this the guy with the trampoline or was that S**p?

No gun charges TMK.

<snipped>
Still, off he went to Snodgrass&#8217;s home, where our cameras caught Cobra calling for police backup on March 20&#8212;he reported hearing a gun being loaded inside the house&#8212;after he set off his siren and Snodgrass refused to come out. Cobra retreated to his truck and waited for police after a Snodgrass&#8217;s housemate named Marty marched out in jeans with no shirt, strutting washboard abs, a gray Fu Manchu and defiance; he demanded Cobra take a hike, snarled he was trespassing.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/06/01/exclusive-cobras-takedown-controversy/

ETA: Here is the article/video with Newberger, DS's ex-wife.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031909haleigh_cummings_investigation

Are people now saying that DS is not an RSO? I guess I will have to dive in to this case and I don't want to...at all. I can see why this is touchy, if he has not been convicted than it makes it more difficult to discern. I need the facts....off to sleuthing.

Hi Whisperer, at this point in time, DS is considered a Suspected Sex Offender because the case is still awaiting trail from charges stemming back to 2007.

First off, let me say: I am not trying to start a war here and please don't take this post as an attack, but I feel it is in everyone's best interest that we make sure we are sharing info that checks out. Unfortunately, your post I am replying to does not match up to what John R and Art Harris reported to FirstCoastNews... (John and Art are the ones that were involved with the DS donation encounter). DS' donations weren't turned down until after John and Art went to DS' house to check the stuff out... and Art reported on his site that after him and John refused the donations and started querying DS and exchanging heated words, DS ordered them off of HIS property.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ajDG0BCmbs

Both Art Harris and TJ Hart said that DS was at the HB Centre causing a stir without releasing further details. Here is sufficient proof IMO that DS did cause trouble at the HB Centre at some point.

Snipped the following paragraph from the link I posted which contains the audio of Cobra's interview with Misty S******

Daniel Snodgrass is the man who tried donate furniture to the Haleighbug Center in Satsuma and ended up causing trouble at the building.

From Art Harris’s report:

Staubs denies the accusation, claiming as a licensed bondsman he had power of attorney, authority and permission to investigate the accused sexual predator’s bond conditions-after Snodgrass tried to stop by the HaLeighbug Center to donate furniture and CAUSED A STIR.

One of his bond conditions bars any contact with girls under 18; the center has been a magnet for families with children of all ages offering to volunteer or buy t-shirts and bracelets from mother Crystal Sheffield before she moved the operation to her home in Baker County.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5577857.php

Details about the trouble DS caused at the HB Centre begin at the 38:00 minute mark.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/simon-barrett/2009/10/13/haleigh-cummings--more-under-the-bus

Snipped from SB interview with Cobra Oct 15/09 -

DS is charged with capital sexual battery, a serious charge that could result in the death penalty. DS's trial scheduled to begin on June 22, 2009 was postponed. Cobra is a licensed bondsman with the power of attorney, authority and permission to investigate the accused sexual predator's bond conditions after Snodgrass tried to donate furniture to the HBC. Cobra had C.E. Parish's permission to arrest Snodgrass for violating the judge's orders not to place himself around children and while on his way to surrender Snodgrass to the jail, Cobra received a call from Mr. Parish of Continental Heritage ordering Cobra to release Snodgrass. Parish blamed "poor communication" and told Snodgrass that his bond papers were determined to be in order and that Cobra would take him home.

DS filed charges of false imprisonment, a third degree felony against Cobra in May 09 and Cobra surrendered on May 22nd to the Putnam County Jail, then bonded out on charges of false imprisonment, a third degree felony. Cobra's trial date is set for December 14, 2009. DS stated in his police report that when Cobra arrested him, he detained him for over an hour and Cobra has a solid witness who can testify that Cobra held DS for 38 minutes. According to Cobra, DS's GPS monitor says he was in the region for 9 1/2 minutes 2 blocks away at Weldon's Nursery but Cobra states they were at Dunn's Creek Bridge 5-10 miles away. Cobra has his telephone pings for the 24-hour period. (46:53)

(38:00 minute mark) Several investigators contacted LE March 20, 2009 to report DS was selling his furniture including his boat and car. DS showed up at the HBC to make a donation and when he was turned away because of his suspected crime against children, he returned to the HBC 3 or 4 times and screamed verbal insults at the people who worked there. Cobra did not see DS there but Kim Picasio did and she reported DS to LE. When LE got there, DS was "gone on arrival." Because LE couldn't identify DS as the same person in the computer photo taken in 2007, no arrest was made despite the fact people at the scene said "yes, that is him".

How and when did DS get bail? I've been looking and I can't find it. Read an article where he originally was unable to bond out and previous Sherrif states he's a bad guy and he's right where he belongs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back