Darlie Routier Fact and Fiction

I have a question...Why in the world would the nurses have to gain by not telling the truth? I never could understand why Darlie and her possy think that the nurses intentionally had it out for poor little Darlie. PLEASE! I mean what in the world would the nurses even have to gain???? No way the nurses would lie about what Darlies demenor was like that night/early morning.

The nurses are in a tough spot. One on hand, they are legally and ethically bound to tell the truth or they could lose their license.

On the other, they are also forced to choose between the truth and what they have been instructed to say by the hospital's lawyers if there is any difference between the two. If they've been "directed" to say certain things or slant their comments in a favorable way, they can choose to disobey under assumed threat of loss of their job.

I believe the nurses, but when I was one would never chart that someone was tearful if they were whining or had moist eyes. There are other ways to word things. That won't help Darlie though because she seems whiny and phony in every interview.

I am a retired nurse as well, and yes, I agree. These are actually examples of "how not to chart", which potentially opens doors to legal issues, such as this. Tearful is just too vague, and can be misconstrued. Stating what the patient was actually saying or talking about, and if necessary using quotes. In addition it may have been more appropriate to more specific, such as, "pt. had tears in her eyes" or "pt. had tears streaming down her face" or "no tearing of eyes noted", etc.

As you say, there are other ways to word things that would alleviate any question if there words are ever used in a court case.

But admittedly when I practiced there were always more nurses who did terrible charting than good charting, lol.

I got caught up on this case and found out some astounding facts I had not previously known about. One was that the hubby had taken Darlies little sister home who was working with them and he took over 2 hours. Darlie had suspicions she was fooling around with him so she got out her wedding dress and had it laid out in the living room also there was a photo album of their wedding with blood splashed on it. The theory was she was so upset over this affair she was going to kill the kids then herself but couldn't finish the job. Has anyone else heard this? I recall mamma Darlie Key saying they were going to renew their wedding vows and that is why all the stuff was out.

Hi, dizzychick. What you've heard are actually "untruths" (sounds better than "lies" :) put out by Darlie's family and Christopher Wayne Brown, who wrote Media Tried Justice Denied.

There was no wedding dress on the living room couch, nor was there blood on a picture album. There WAS a folder, containing life insurance policies, wills, birth certificates, etc. right next to the family-room couch Darlie claimed she was sleeping on. There was no blood on that folder, though. Some of those documents were admitted into evidence because it went to her state of mind that night.

It's difficult to say how long Darin was gone that evening, because the two of them lied about most everything. He and Darlie testified that he was only gone about a half an hour. But who knows? I personally don't believe that Darin and Dana were fooling around, but I know a lot of people who do. We may never know, because Dana isn't talking.

There was a wedding dress on the living room couch. Apparently, neither side thought it had any evidentiary value, because it wasn't admitted into evidence.

My website has been completely overhauled. New format, new content. If you're squeezed for time, you may want to check out Myths 6 & 7 and Statements 2 & 4 under In Her Own Words. I hope you enjoy it.

http://darlieroutierfactandfiction.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back