Darlie Routier on Death Row

Anyone know what Darlie's behavioural record in prison has been like?

Surely if it was exemplary her supporters would be shouting it from the rooftops as a means of promoting her claims to innocence? Then again, maybe nobody has access to such information.

Just something that was on my mind!

Good question! I'm sure her record is sealed as far as any disciplinary actions go, but then again, her family might be aware. Something tells me she is most likely a model prisoner, if she wasn't, (a'la Betty Broderick early on in her incarceration), the info would be made public, IMO.

Good question! I'm sure her record is sealed as far as any disciplinary actions go, but then again, her family might be aware. Something tells me she is most likely a model prisoner, if she wasn't, (a'la Betty Broderick early on in her incarceration), the info would be made public, IMO.

I believe she is a model prisoner. She's locked up 23 hours a day with no access to any of the other prisoners. Just my opinion though.

She certainly had access to the other DR female inmates at some stage - for the early years of her incarcaration there was a 'day room' where the female DR inmates could sit together and watch tv :what: I think that policy has long been changed though.

Whether conditions in Mountain View are quite as bad as what Erica Sheppard and Brittany Holberg make them out to be is a different story however.

I look at a lot of prison's websites & some do show the records-I am a regular to the TX death row site & have never seen that info on it

I look at a lot of prison's websites & some do show the records-I am a regular to the TX death row site & have never seen that info on it

It does however, show her weight at 172 lbs ? Didn't she weigh like 130 - 135 or so when she went to prison? But then I guess there's not much motivation to keep one's weight down when they're sitting on DR. Not like they have the choice of a low carb. high protein diet either.

I would bet too that Darin divorcing her must have been of significant discouragement for Darlie, certainly wouldn't have promoted a positive or hopeful state of mind. Darin can claim all he wants that he still believes Darlie is innocent, but his actions of divorcing her speak much louder than words, and are not the actions of a loving, supportive husband who completely believes in his wife's innocence, but that's JMO. Whatever the case, maybe the divorce has helped some reality set in, possibly helping her to get through Denial and Anger, i.e., according to the Kuebler-Ross model of five stages of grief.

And though each stage is not clear cut, as they can overlap, go back and forth, etc., it seems possible by her appearance, her weight gain, and given the duration and course of events thus far, that Darlie may to some degree be in the Depression stage now. Then one might ask who wouldn't find DR to be depressing?

In spite of the fact that I believe Darlie is guilty for murdering her own children, I still, for some inexplicable reason, find her plight to be profoundly sad. Of course the saddest thing is what happened to her boys, the heinous unthinkable act she committed that got her where she is. Regardless, I really hope to see her sentence commuted to life w/o parole. But then I'm not really a proponent of the death penalty anyway. JMO

On the TX website it says she weighted 134 when they received her.I have also heard her say that she works out very quite often-100 push ups a day or something.I think she is trying to keep herself in shape as she thinks all the guards want her-LOL-JMO

I think that website has several things wrong. It states that Darlie is 5'5", when she is only 5'3". If that's wrong, the weight is probably wrong too.

If that website is indicating that the crime took place in Kerr county, it is incorrect. Most of Rowlett, including the crime scene address, is in Dallas county. A small part of Rowlett is in Rockwall county.

The trial took place in Kerr County, correct? Thats where she recieved her sentencing. I'm sure thats where the Kerr County came from.

I wouldnt make much of the height. My son can get measured at two different Dr. offices and its always off.

In spite of the fact that I believe Darlie is guilty for murdering her own children, I still, for some inexplicable reason, find her plight to be profoundly sad. Of course the saddest thing is what happened to her boys, the heinous unthinkable act she committed that got her where she is. Regardless, I really hope to see her sentence commuted to life w/o parole. But then I'm not really a proponent of the death penalty anyway. JMO

Excellent post, I too hope she is commuted. Remember when Sister Helen Prejean said we are not the sum total of the worst thing we've ever done. Darlie could have helped so much with post partum depression. She could have become anything but the stigma of murdering your own children in such a brutal way will never leave her I'm afraid.

If or one hope she does not get executed but that's not my call.

The trial took place in Kerr County, correct? Thats where she recieved her sentencing. I'm sure thats where the Kerr County came from.

I wouldnt make much of the height. My son can get measured at two different Dr. offices and its always off.

Yes, she was tried in Kerr County. Her pd's requested a change of venue. Mulder requested a change of venue back to Dallas and the court said no.

Can you post a little blurb paraphrasing what she said? I can't get on fb at work. TIA!

That poor little girl standing in the front of Darlie Kee is seriously upset. I feel so bad for that little girl crying.

She just said that Darlie is one of the women on Texas Death Row and that she was accused and sentenced to death for the murder of her two younger sons. Then she goes on to say that if someone in your house is killed there is a good chance that LE will blame you.

I feel bad for the little girl too...
And feel sorry for her that her family is USING her like this....to try and get sympathy for a cold blooded killer.

And of course, she has to go on and on about how beautiful Darlie is....more hung up on Darlie's looks than the two kids that got murdered. Just like Darin. I was expecting her to mention Darlie's cup size (like Darin).
Sigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back