Darlie's Looks and Depression

You never know. From TV shows they ask the person if they want any last words, maybe at this point, Darlie would confess, out of the goodness of her heart maybe, to know that even when she is executed, she might implicate Darin, or whatever. Or take the secrets to her death, who knows. But there is no going back on a story that you have been repeating for 10 years and when you have "fans" and people who believe your lies and stories and you get attention, if you change the story, then it would be a no brainer that you have been lying for sometime and that you are where you belong.

It seems she is doing the Political thing and PR technique: Tell a story, repeat story, then even when you know it is not true, you actually think that the story is true and so do your "fans". Never admit the truth and responsibility, nor accountability or responsibility. It is always someone else's fault, the "stranger" who came in to the house..........

Play the victim and grieving mother that is so "hard" done by and misses her "dead" boys, it is the fault of everyone else, except poor old Darlie.

Just had to post on the topic of Darlie's execution. First of all, I have lurked on this site forever seems like, at least a year or two, and decided to chime in on this discussion. I have read every word of the transcripts also. Took me months, but I did.

First of all, I have thought Darlie killed her sons within the few weeks. Mostly, because of her intruder story and just "her". Because I used to be exactly like her I think. When I first read she cried rape at Darrin's party, and refused to call police etc. I thought, "Oh, no.. she DID do it"! I used to pull the same stunts. I was a neglected child, and when I got my first boyfriend I was starved for attention. He got a Camaro when he was 16 and began to ignore me to cruise around in his car, so one day after school I scratched my face with a car key and clawed my neck with my finger nails and ran back in his house and said I was "attacked".

Long story short, I begged him not to "tell" anyone and made up a story about my mom would be mad that I was out walking alone so he never told and I basked in his attention and protection. From then on out I always road in the front seat of that Camaro and he didn't ignore me again. Later, I got worse and worse just telling a lie here and a lie there to get his attention. Negative or not. I was selfish and wanted him to pay attention to no one but me, and did not even want to discuss having a child someday because I didn't want him paying attention to a baby.

Now, eventually he figured me out. He would catch me lying and threaten to leave me and I would scream,freak out and cry and finally I went to therapy and they determined I was bi-bolar/depressed/ and had a codependant personality. I was given medication and hospitalized because I kept threatening suicide. After trying several meds, they found meds I responded well to (that was in 1989) and today I am a different woman. I am still married to the same man today who owned that Camaro and we have been married twenty years. I only went off the meds once to have a baby and immediately got back on them and since then I am fine. No drama, no hysterics, no anger, no lies, no mania, and my child is wonderful.

My point is; I think Darlie is just like I was. I totally identified with her "crying" rape, and crying intruder. She and Darrin fought the night of the murders, and I just bet he threatened to leave her or something. Bingo!she created a drama. She was probably manic. And I think she and Darrin were definetely co-dependant on eachother. I do not think she is legally insane or anything and I do believe she deserves to be in prison. But, I also believe she has mental problems obviously. No normally balanced woman can brutally stab to death her own children.

There has to be some sort of imbalance in her mind. There was in me, or otherwise the medications would not have helped me. In the first month of taking the meds I remember be sooooo embarrassed of my behavior in high school and in my late teens. I was twenty before I got the therapy I needed, and I just felt so clear and calm while on the meds. I remember thinking, I am patient now. I didn't have moments of jealous rages over my boyfriend/fiancee anymore. I just felt like a nice normal girl going to college. Sorry to burden you with my horrible, embarrassing life story. It was painful to write, I even cried while writing this!

At the end of the day, I believe Darlie did it because she was losing the focus off of her and becoming more of a boring housewife/mom. The money wasn't all being spent on her, the attention wasn't all being given to her, and she was feeling panic so she created a situation to get her old self back,.............. with a bit more money.

vickie - I can't put into words how your post moved me. I have thought about but the words just can't seem to flow as normal. Anyhow, I know it took allot of courage from you just to put your "feelings" out there for us to read. I just want to thank you. I wish "everyone" who has these types of issues were open minded and acceptable to help as you were....

Just had to post on the topic of Darlie's execution. First of all, I have lurked on this site forever seems like, at least a year or two, and decided to chime in on this discussion. I have read every word of the transcripts also. Took me months, but I did.

Thanks so much for telling us your story Vicky. You are truly brave and courageous. I was very moved by your post. You recognized you had a problem, dealt with it and have recovered. God bless you.

First of all, I have thought Darlie killed her sons within the few weeks. Mostly, because of her intruder story and just "her". Because I used to be exactly like her I think.

Vicky I was very moved by your post, and admire you for honesty and courage.

I'm glad you are doing so well and I hope you continue to live a happy life!

May God Bless You!

No you got me wrong. What people are trying to say is that the alleged rape (in highschool) didnt happen and that it was all a ploy by Darlie to get attention and her own way. What Im trying to say is how do people know that she wasnt raped that night (when they were in highschool), maybe she was telling the truth. If that is the case then I think people are being a bit harsh, after all if it happened to them im sure they wouldnt feel that they were just trying to get attention.

Had it happened she would have been distraught. She refused to let Darin call the police and she didn't even want anyone going outside to search for a "rapist". Just Darlie needing all the attention on her. Again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back