David Jacoby

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have followed this case for a long time. I haven't lately though and I'm interested in what you are all discussing. Where could I find a good primer on the situation with Hobbs? I know of the basic suspicion but most of what you are all referring to is new to me. Any help appreciated :)

This is a pretty good place to start http://wm3truth.com/

The stainers board that Compassionate Reader gave is just another forum like you are on right now.

The Truth site is very informative and easy to follow.

Hobbs was never and is still not a suspect. WM3 tried to blame the other father too, I guess they are just taking turns. I don't understand their motive, but I guess it has to do with getting more donations.

The stainers board that Compassionate Reader gave is just another forum like you are on right now.

Hobbs was never and is still not a suspect. WM3 tried to blame the other father too, I guess they are just taking turns. I don't understand their motive, but I guess it has to do with getting more donations.

I support the WM3..... so, while I appreciate your post I'm fine right here. I was more so looking for some details as in what exactly is putting Hobbs under suspicion beside the hair found in the knot.

Does anyone know if John Douglas's profile was released or is there information on that somewhere?

Ina Cognito,

That "truth" site contains nothing but opinions from people who are still so deluded that they believe Damien, Jason and Jessie are guilty. They think that, because they constantly link to Callahan's, they are telling the truth. However, they are giving their "spin" on the material on Callahan's.

The site I provided is a well-documented discussion board whose users believe in the innocence of Damien, Jason and Jessie. Among other things, the Manhole Theory is discussed and explained there. Also, any new information that comes to light is discussed and picked apart when necessary.

IMO, the biggest difference between the two sites is that the former is static, unbending and unwilling to accept any new information. The people who formed it believe that "the juries found them guilty so they're guilty" is a valid argument. There's not a lot of discussion on that site, only pontification from someone who refuses to look at new information. Kind of like the ostrich who buries his head in the sand.

On the latter site, there is room for discussion and disagreement when respectfully discussing the facts, both old and new, in this case. I'm sure that those who still believe Damien, Jason and Jessie to be guilty (BTW, they're called "nons") will disagree with my assessment and would claim that the former site is totally unprejudiced, relying only on the "facts" in the case. However, one visit will show you that nothing could be further from the "truth!"

Ina Cognito,

That "truth" site contains nothing but opinions from people who are still so deluded that they believe Damien, Jason and Jessie are guilty. They think that, because they constantly link to Callahan's, they are telling the truth. However, they are giving their "spin" on the material on Callahan's.

The site I provided is a well-documented discussion board whose users believe in the innocence of Damien, Jason and Jessie. Among other things, the Manhole Theory is discussed and explained there. Also, any new information that comes to light is discussed and picked apart when necessary.

IMO, the biggest difference between the two sites is that the former is static, unbending and unwilling to accept any new information. The people who formed it believe that "the juries found them guilty so they're guilty" is a valid argument. There's not a lot of discussion on that site, only pontification from someone who refuses to look at new information. Kind of like the ostrich who buries his head in the sand.

On the latter site, there is room for discussion and disagreement when respectfully discussing the facts, both old and new, in this case. I'm sure that those who still believe Damien, Jason and Jessie to be guilty (BTW, they're called "nons") will disagree with my assessment and would claim that the former site is totally unprejudiced, relying only on the "facts" in the case. However, one visit will show you that nothing could be further from the "truth!"

No worries, I've seen it before, I'm totally not interested in the "truth" site. I totally agree with you that for people who really like to objectively look at a case the "truth" site is anything but. I am familiar with the case just haven't been following for a bit so was curious about the developments on Hobbs.

I support the WM3..... so, while I appreciate your post I'm fine right here. I was more so looking for some details as in what exactly is putting Hobbs under suspicion beside the hair found in the knot.

Does anyone know if John Douglas's profile was released or is there information on that somewhere?

If you look at [ame=http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225263]this thread[/ame], you will see what has been made public. Some of the information has not yet been made public. When it is, it will be posted on the site I linked previously and here as soon as possible. As to Douglas' profile, I believe it's available on the site I linked and maybe on Callahan's. Let me see if I can find a link for you.

Here is the profile and here is a news report discussing it. There is more discussion from a profiler-in-training here, too.

Sigh... I cannot view the wm3blackboard and cannot register either? I remember going there in the past but have no idea what login I used etc.... Know why it's closed like that?

Stainers??? What does that mean. Haven't run across that term before.

Truth site is far from an objective site. If you are interested in the views of someone who staunchly believes the WM3 are guilty, you can find it there. As far as I know, there is no discussion on that board but then again I haven't searched for it on that site.

Probably the only OBJECTIVE site is callahans because it is basically nothing but the raw documents.

I suspect the motive is justice for the 3 kids that were murdered. Since the WM3 are free, that isn't the motivation yet. I don't send money anywhere personally, so speaking for myself, that's not my motivation. I don't run any organization so I'm not receiving money.

Sigh... I cannot view the wm3blackboard and cannot register either? I remember going there in the past but have no idea what login I used etc.... Know why it's closed like that?

The link I provided to a profiler-in-training was on the old version of the BB. If you weren't registered on that board, you might not be able to view it. However, it's just an expanded version of the information on the other blog for which I gave a link. You should be able to view the new BB here as a guest. You can register, if you wish. Information and instructions are provided on the site or PM me, if you're having trouble, and I'll see what I can do.

Couldn't find anything for "stainers" either, unless you look for urban slang which I don't suggest you do. either way I gather it's derogatory and what I would expect.

So are they still getting donations? I guess that's to help them transition .. or rather to help Lori and Damien transition .. I think the mess around the donations and more money going to some than others will be the downfall of the whole enterprise .. wonder how tempted Jessie is right now to allow a ghost-writer to write his 'TRUE STORY' .. IMO it will happen one day, just a matter of time.

Couldn't find anything for "stainers" either, unless you look for urban slang which I don't suggest you do. either way I gather it's derogatory and what I would expect.

Yes, of course it's derogatory - and based, I fear, on that urban slang definition. It seems to me that some people use derogatory statements when presented with a hard truth. Sad, but true!

Ina Cognito,

That "truth" site contains nothing but opinions from people who are still so deluded that they believe Damien, Jason and Jessie are guilty.

No, the site actually has factual links, not someone talking about manholes or turtles. But, don't take my word for it check it out yourself if you haven't already.

So are they still getting donations? I guess that's to help them transition .. or rather to help Lori and Damien transition .. I think the mess around the donations and more money going to some than others will be the downfall of the whole enterprise .. wonder how tempted Jessie is right now to allow a ghost-writer to write his 'TRUE STORY' .. IMO it will happen one day, just a matter of time.

I really try not to follow these people, but every now and then I hear about them selling something or asking for money. I'd be very leery about sending any money.

Yes, I wonder when Jessie will have his book published, it seems like many are cashing in one way or another.

I've also never heard anymore about the testing of evidence they claim they had before they were released and I guess that they really didn't have anything after all otherwise we would have seen something by now.

I think it's weird that they blame Byers and now he's okay, but now it's Hobbs. Makes me wonder who will be next?

No, the site actually has factual links, not someone talking about manholes or turtles. But, don't take my word for it check it out yourself if you haven't already.

Is the following statement one of fact or one of opinion?

A horse is the best animal in the world.

I'm just trying to determine if we are on the same page as to what constitutes a fact and what constitutes and opinion.

Now how about the statement:

The evidence is overwhelming.

I really try not to follow these people, but every now and then I hear about them selling something or asking for money. I'd be very leery about sending any money.

Yes, I wonder when Jessie will have his book published, it seems like many are cashing in one way or another.

I've also never heard anymore about the testing of evidence they claim they had before they were released and I guess that they really didn't have anything after all otherwise we would have seen something by now.

I think it's weird that they blame Byers and now he's okay, but now it's Hobbs. Makes me wonder who will be next?

For the record, I have not blamed Byers. I do think Byers should have been fully investigated. I also believe Hobbs should have been fully investigated. The difference is one was and the other was not.

I feel like he thinks that every single question is intended harmfully.
Wouldn't you if you were in his shoes, after what Mark Byers was put through in being accused of not only murdering of his son and the two other boys but also his wife?

I don't think he's ever been completely truthful in his interviews either.
Do you think Echols was being completely truthful when for example he told Larry King "I didn't actually live in West Memphis"?

Wouldn't you if you were in his shoes, after what Mark Byers was put through in being accused of not only murdering of his son and the two other boys but also his wife?

Do you think Echols was being completely truthful when for example he told Larry King "I didn't actually live in West Memphis"?

Yes but I think he would have understood that it was a murder investigation. Any rational person looks at those closest to the victims, and Mark Byers and Terry Hobbs had a history of criminal negligence. It was only right that they were investigated (Terry Hobbs somehow got out of that spotlight until now.) I don't think any personal attacks were necessary on either Terry Hobbs or Mark Byers, but it was necessary that they were questioned. They have their rights, and they don't have to give any information...but it will always make them look more suspicious to the public. That's a given. Actually, as I've stated before, Mark Byers cooperated later on which I think many people appreciated. He no longer wanted to look suspicious. Echols' statements are irrelevant because he and the other WM3 were scapegoats for this crime, and I've seen all of his interviews. None of them suggest a strong enough motive, and the "thrill kill" murder motive in this case is completely ridiculous once you look at how cold and calculated the crime actually was. Now, if you're looking at Hobbs' statements...they were crucial to the case because of his relationship with Stevie...not to mention that there is no evidence to support the theory that Echols knew the boys.

After seeing how Damien, Jason and Jessie were railroaded, I will never willingly answer police questions without an attorney present. However, providing biological samples that could clear me is something entirely different, IMO. Now, were my samples to indicate that I am involved in a crime which I know I didn't commit, I would certainly take an attorney with me when the police called me in for questioning. However, what appears to have happened in this case is that Hobbs managed to be away from home whenever the police came calling. IMO, it certainly looks like he was dodging the police. Why?

As you can see from his arrest record, Damien didn't live in West Memphis at the time of his arrest. He lived in Marion. I don't believe he was implying that he had never lived in West Memphis, although some people may falsely infer that. So, yes, he was being completely truthful. And before you mention it, yes, I know that West Memphis and Marion are "next door neighbors," both being dormitory communities of Memphis, TN. IMO, Damien was pointing out that, although he lived in the area, he didn't actually live in West Memphis at the time of his arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back