DC - Cop kills motorcyclist, witness disputes officers claims, Sept 2016

The motorcycle couldn't have been blocking both doors.

According to the witness I got the impression the door would not open & the officer would have had to get out the other. It was just easier to roll down the window & shoot him. Less effort. jmo.

According to the witness I got the impression the door would not open & the officer would have had to get out the other. It was just easier to roll down the window & shoot him. Less effort. jmo.

Weren't there two officers in the car?

Grand jury investigation launched in police-involved shooting of Terrence Sterling

Prosecutors with the U.S. Attorney’s Office have opened a grand jury investigation into the fatal police involved shooting of Terrence Sterling.

Witnesses have been summoned to appear before a Superior Court grand jury and provide testimony over the next two weeks. It is a probe that comes less than two months after Sterling was shot in the neck by an officer sitting in a cruiser that had moved to block his path at a Northwest D.C. intersection on the morning of September 11.

Report: D.C. Police Pursued Terrence Sterling, Violating MPD Policy

Attorneys for the D.C. government have admitted that D.C. police pursued Terrence Sterling before Officer Brian Trainer fatally shot him on September 11, which violates a Metropolitan Police Department policy

D.C. Police originally said that Sterling intentionally drove his motorcycle into the passenger door of a police cruiser following reports of reckless driving around Mount Vernon Square.

The case is also being investigated by the U.S. Attorney's Office, which opened a grand jury investigation in November. The two officers involved in the case have been on administrative leave since the incident.

Nine months after motorcyclist Terrence Sterling was fatally shot by D.C. police, family seeks answers

“We miss him dearly every single day. Mother’s Day and Father’s Day have come and gone, and were particularly difficult without Terrence this year. It is disheartening that the criminal investigation continues without anyone being charged or held accountable for Terrence’s death and this delay has taken a real toll on our family,” Sterling’s parents, Isaac and Florence, and sister Chrystal said in a statement to The Washington Post.

The statement, released by the family’s attorneys, is the first public comment from the family since Sterling’s death.

The U.S. attorney’s office for the District declined to comment on the status of the investigation.

The Sterling shooting occurred after a city-sponsored report in 2016 criticized police and prosecutors for what it called “excessive delays” in the investigation of fatal shootings by police officers.

Re-examing the scene of the Terrence Sterling shooting

The original police report explaining why police shot and killed a man amounts to just three lines.

A witness who was recording on his cell phone from a 3rd Street travel lane told WUSA9 the cruiser cut Sterling off.

The impact was likely a slow one because, according to the video, Sterling was still straddling his bike even after he was shot.

Witnesses said that’s when officer Brian Trainer rolled down his passenger side window and shot Sterling twice, once in the neck and once in the back. Police don’t explain where the officer was when the shots were fired or if any command was given. Sterling was not armed.

Did those cameras capture anything? We don’t know. We also don’t know if officer Trainer’s unnamed partner was wearing a body camera himself and if it was activated.

We do know that officer Trainer violated police policy when he failed to turn on his body cam right away.

The police report is posted on the site.

DC puts Sterling family wrongful death lawsuit on hold, again

Another major delay in the Terrence Sterling family's fight for justice for their slain son, shot and killed by D.C. police.

Friday, DC Superior Court Judge Jennifer Di Toro granted the Attorney General's motion to delay or "stay" the civil lawsuit until September 22, 2017, more than one year after the death of 31 year old Terrence Sterling.

The public is still waiting for answers on a District police-involved shooting

Each case is different, and no doubt there are cases of such complexity that more time and work may be needed. But prosecutors should recognize that each day that goes by without answers results in a toll not only on families of the victim but also on the officers involved. It also leaves the public wondering how much official interest there is in getting to the bottom of police-involved shootings.

Surprise, surprise, surprise, not. There is never enough evidence to charge cops.

No, I knew this was coming. We're giving our police officers the authority and right to kill us as they see fit and each one of these cases gives them more power.

No, I knew this was coming. We're giving our police officers the authority and right to kill us as they see fit and each one of these cases gives them more power.

This is alarming. Anymore if a shooting happens and officers have cameras turned off, I automatically assume it's murder. There's no excuse for not using a body cam unless they're trying to hide illegal behavior.

So, regardless of which story you believe, when did trying to avoid a traffic ticket earn a death penalty? I don't see a reason to shoot the man in either story, but I will wait to see if more details emerge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The D.C. police trial board has recommended that Officer Brian Trainer, who fatally shot motorcyclist Terrence Sterling, be fired, according to officials.

Trainer has been on paid administrative leave since the September 2016 shooting that left the 31-year-old unarmed African American man dead. Trainer petitioned for his job before the board and pleaded not guilty to the three charges he faced. He now has 10 days to appeal the board's decision to D.C. Police Chief Peter Newsham.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...-shot-motorcyclist-terrence-sterling-be-fired

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back