GUILTY DC - Four Jacks-Fogle sisters, ages 5-17, murdered in their home, 2007

How did mom evolve into this?

Probably Dad was holding the family together. And when he died, she was responsible for supporting and raising the three girls by herself. And she decompensated. I wonder if she was on medication at one time? She sounds like she was possibly a schizophrenic, and she might have quit taking her meds after the Dad died.

I'm not sure how the court came to say she was competent to stand trial. She doesn't sound like she is. But by saying that she is, that means she is capable of refusing to use the insantity defense, and that is probably the only possible defense she has.

Did they order a psychological evaluation for this woman? Please tell me they did.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090721/ap_on_re_us/us_bodies_found

Testimony in her trial today covered the fact that she and her childrens father would laugh while their then 3 and 4 year old babies smoked weed.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I am seriously tempted to change my view and hope that there is a hell where some people burn for eternity.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090721/ap_on_re_us/us_bodies_found

Testimony in her trial today covered the fact that she and her childrens father would laugh while their then 3 and 4 year old babies smoked weed.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I am seriously tempted to change my view and hope that there is a hell where some people burn for eternity.

What a nightmare existence these children endured. Their childhood must have been horrific. Now their dead most likely at the hands of their mother. I don't think I could sit on this jury.

How could 4 children not be in school for that period of time and no one questions it????

Does anyone know what type of area this is where the children were found? Meaning, is it poverty level, middle income level, etc?

Possibly the children were being home schooled and that would explain why no questions were asked by any school official??

It's really easy for kids to stop attending school. I taught in an inner-city situation where kids were here one day, gone the next. They didn't even bother to clean out their locker. Many probably didn't know until they arrived home from school that they were moving. Some went to another city. Some went back to Central America. Who's to chase them?

From December 2009:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/18/AR2009121803806.html

Banita Jacks, convicted of murdering her four young daughters, was sentenced Friday to 120 years in prison by a judge who said evidence photos of the dead girls in Jacks's squalid Southeast Washington home, where she kept their decomposing bodies for months, "will probably haunt me for the rest of my life"...

Sines said the girls were kept so cloistered by Jacks that investigators were unable to learn much about them after their deaths, especially the two youngest, N'Kiah Fogle, 6, and Aja Fogle, 5...

"Each life was important; each girl could have fulfilled any dream," Sines said of the Fogel siblings and their dead half sisters, Brittany Jacks, 16, and Tatianna Jacks, 11. "She has earned life imprisonment."

OkieGranny, I sure appreciate your updating these old cases. Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back