DC DC - Hattie Jackson, 6, Washington DC, 21 July 1961

That's a very good possibility IMO. Does anyone know how to follow up on this potential match? Or perhaps that has already been done?
LE looked into Hattie back when the Girl in the Box was found. The possible match is discussed in the Girl's thread:

Just heartbreaking. It's difficult to find much more information on this, it seems. I'm glad Charley Project is putting this on their front page. Even though the chances of justice being done are small, Hattie deserves the attention.

hattie_yvonne_jackson_1.jpg

Hattie Yvonne Jackson, age 6
Missing since 21 July 1961

Pittsburgh Courier, 12 Aug 61, pg 3.

I cropped so the photo of the boys does not appear but the text included is as follows:

1673059850912.png

1673059712570.png

This site has a clearer photo of Hattie. Although it does have a watermark over it. There are some sketches of the alleged kidnapper but I’m not sure the source of those images or their legitimacy.

View attachment 362989
I did find a photo without a watermark but it's not as clear as this but it's clearer than the one publicised.
Full Article:

Cropped Photo:
Hattie Jackson.jpg
For some reason her middle name is E. here instead of Y. as in Yvonne. Maybe police misheard her family at the time. It also says she was 7, not 6. In fact, a lot of them say she was 7. These are probably errors with estimates of her DOB though.

EDIT: Found out why he middle name is E. Seems her middle name in the records is Evon.

I want to get this photo on more of the major sources to give people a better idea of what Hattie looked like. How would I do that and would this photo even be accepted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping as also made the connection between Hattie and the Namus Doe mentioned above, was this tip ever submitted? What a beautiful child :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back