DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think her mother was in the hospital. The hospital she gave the address for is closed down and being used as a homeless shelter.

Can you link where she gave an address for the shelter (which is an old hospital)?

One of the first articles in this thread says :
Relisha had been staying at the D.C. General family shelter with her mother and stepfather for the past year, according to Channel 9′s Delia Gonçalves. Relisha’s stepfather says her mother — who is now hospitalized — gave Relisha to a male janitor who works at the shelter more than three weeks ago, but they haven’t seen the girl since.

Can you link where she gave an address for the shelter (which is an old hospital)?

" GAVE " is such a harsh word in this circumstance. It makes it seem as though she literally ' gave her to him' as in permanently.

I'm looking for the piece about the address - but while looking I came across something that clarifies the hospital stay. Seems like the mom was hospitalized after giving her daughter to Tatum?

bbm

Several weeks prior, Relisha was living with her mother and Tony Wheeler the boyfriend of Relisha's mother at a homeless shelter on the 1900 block of Massachusetts Avenue. Kahlil, a janitor at the shelter had a granddaughter that became friends with Relisha and Kahlil offered to take Relisha to his home. During this time period, Relisha's mother ended up in the hospital. According to Wheeler, everything was fine for a couple of weeks until he asked Kahlil to return Relisha, and he never did.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/03/relisha-rudd-amber-alert-for-8-year-old.html

" GAVE " is such a harsh word in this circumstance. It makes it seem as though she literally ' gave her to him' as in permanently.

I know..... this whole thing is giving me a sick feeling. :(

I can't locate the articles now that say the mother gave that address - but I did see them yesterday... I promise... :eek:

Seems like the wording has changed some today. For example, the google search turns up a cached snippet of something similar, but when I click on the link, the updated article is different:

attachment.php

I do think it's been stated that they were living there, so I guess that's the last address they have for her.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 10.39.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-21 at 10.39.40 AM.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 332
I'm looking for the piece about the address - but while looking I came across something that clarifies the hospital stay. Seems like the mom was hospitalized after giving her daughter to Tatum?

bbm

I know they said that on the news yesterday. About the shelter use to be a hospital.

What is really bothering me: there are reports saying that Tatum took Relisha b/c she was friends with his granddaughter or was going to play with her or something to that effect (I've seen it worded different ways). However, the media all states that Relisha was last seen at the homeless shelter.

Has no one seen her since then? Tatum's family/friends? Has anyone come forward yet to say 'Oh she was staying at his home and playing with his granddaughter?'

Sadly, I don't think she ever saw that granddaughter once taken from the shelter. I think she was immediately trafficked. There's a possibility that she is no longer 'with us'. However... I think Tatum had her in the hotel room, and his wife caught him with her - or caught him letting someone else 'have her' (makes me sick). And that's why she was killed. I really think that's what happened with his wife.

I hope it's not too late to save Relisha.

What is really bothering me: there are reports saying that Tatum took Relisha b/c she was friends with his granddaughter or was going to play with her or something to that effect (I've seen it worded different ways). However, the media all states that Relisha was last seen at the homeless shelter.

Has no one seen her since then? Tatum's family/friends? Has anyone come forward yet to say 'Oh she was staying at his home and playing with his granddaughter?'

Sadly, I don't think she ever saw that granddaughter once taken from the shelter. I think she was immediately trafficked. There's a possibility that she is no longer 'with us'. However... I think Tatum had her in the hotel room, and his wife caught him with her - or caught him letting someone else 'have her' (makes me sick). And that's why she was killed. I really think that's what happened with his wife.

I hope it's not too late to save Relisha.

BBM :( That is what I think too.

Maybe mom was already sickly but afraid to go to the hospital because ' who will take care of Relisha' and Tatum offered to take her so that mom could go to the hospital? But then why not mom's 2 family members who were at the shelter with her?
I guess no matter what came first or how it came about, today Relisha is in danger and likely has been the entire time of three weeks or more ?

This was asked upstream and seems LE does not know the answer.

''' Police, who were alerted to her disappearance Wednesday, said they did not know what she might be wearing because it has been weeks since she was last seen by close family members.''''' :(

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html?tid=pm_pop

ETA "police, acting on a tip, went to the Red Roof Inn, off Oxon Hill Road, and found those vehicles abandoned in the parking lot and the woman’s body in a room.''

I am wondering how long the body had been there ,, hours ,, days ? If he killed her a week ago, he could be anywhere by now. It's a horrible case :(

Regarding Tatum's wife and the hotel: I think Tatum was probably away from home a lot since taking Relisha. :(

I wonder if he was keeping her at the hotel, or at least going to the hotel or elsewhere often with her, and his wife followed him one day to see where he was disappearing to. Then walked in on him. :no:

This was asked upstream and seems LE does not know the answer.

''' Police, who were alerted to her disappearance Wednesday, said they did not know what she might be wearing because it has been weeks since she was last seen by close family members.''''' :(

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html?tid=pm_pop

ETA "police, acting on a tip, went to the Red Roof Inn, off Oxon Hill Road, and found those vehicles abandoned in the parking lot and the woman’s body in a room.''

I am wondering how long the body had been there ,, hours ,, days ? If he killed her a week ago, he could be anywhere by now. It's a horrible case :(

BBM: Red Roof Inn seems to be fairly good about housekeeping. Hopefully this particular one has daily housekeeping. Most hotels/motels have a policy that your room MUST be taken care of housekeeping at least every 2 or 3 days, if you opt out of the every day service. IMO, someone would have found the body before a week's time.

BBM: Red Roof Inn seems to be fairly good about housekeeping. Hopefully this particular one has daily housekeeping. Most hotels/motels have a policy that your room MUST be taken care of housekeeping at least every 2 or 3 days, if you opt out of the every day service. IMO, someone would have found the body before a week's time.

I agree with you. I don't think she had been there long at all, since a woman staying above her had only just seen the 2 cars arrive in the parking lot the previous day...

I hope you're right. Seems some of the motels where folks live permanently , do not do housekeeping often at all. If people are staying there with questionable lifestyles or hobbies or professions, they would opt out daily. I wish we knew .
This case blows because mapping and tracking and scanner and some of the things we would normally do are out the window. Nationwide,, where do you even begin? Praying LE gets some fast and good tips asap!

D.C. police said early Friday morning that the white truck they had been looking for in a search for a missing 8-year-old girl was found Thursday in Hyattsville, but the search for the youngster remains.

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police Department said that they were still pursuing several leads in the search for Relisha Tenau Rudd, but could not say whether she was on foot with the man they suspect she is with, Kahlil Malik Tatum, or in another vehicle.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9bd39e-b0f1-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html

I've been following this heartbreaking story, came across this article... a neighbor of Tatum's thinks she saw Relisha Saturday at his home...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...and-girl-8-found-dead-hotel-article-1.1729067

If AW and the mother were so open about Relisha being with Tatum, and Tatum was still going to work at the shelter, it's hard for me to believe other shelter staff did not get wind of this situation. Really hard to believe.

Especially because most family shelters have someone whose main job it is to coordinate schooling/transportation to school for minor children at the shelter.

This case just breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member