DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

Ten years later, Relisha still has not been found.

In that time, much has changed: The second-grader’s disappearance forced a reckoning in how the city treats its poorest and most vulnerable residents. The megashelter, at the site of the former D.C. General Hospital, has been razed. The city now places unhoused families in much smaller shelters across several neighborhoods and aims to get them more quickly into homes.

Those who knew Relisha, or came to feel as if they did, are also not the same: Mourners are now advocates. A homeless child who lived alongside her became an educator. And school employees who looked out for her are more diligent.

In recent conversations, some said they believe Relisha is alive. Others said they long ago accepted that she must be dead. They described praying for her, thinking of her during low and high moments, and wondering whether what happened to Relisha could happen again to another child.

Mostly, though, a single overarching question haunts them: “Where’s Relisha?”

Hi, I am new to this site and cold cases. I started look at this one and what information I can find.

1. I believe her mother willing gave her to Tatum ( which is hard to say because parents should always be a protector)
2. I don't think that Tatum killed her ( I do believe he killed his wife and himself)
A. Let me explain I know the products he bought, but if he had killed her why not leave the body where his wife was (to risky to sneak a body off when you have killed someone else). There is video to show them at the hotel but not her leaving with him (unless that video was them leaving), so was he smart enough to avoid cameras when leaving or arriving with her (whether alive or not) but not smart enough to hide taking her to the hotel? I feel if she has passed it was not by him and after he handed her off to somebody.
3. I think one of three things happened. ( This is just my opinion)
A. He sold her into underground adoption
B. He sold her into prostitution ( I pray to god not)
C. He sold her into Sex trafficking (I pray to god not)
She was following him, so I would think she either wasn't expecting danger or he told her something to scare her into submission.

He had taken her places multiple times which is making me think what if he had been taking her to meet a family (or someone) to try and sale her for adoption. Once they found someone to pay to adopt her, her took her the last time.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't her mom come into some money not long after she was missing.

Again, this is mostly me speculating. I would love to know other peoples thoughts on this.

I do not think it is A. I do not think anyone wants a 9 year old to adopt. It would be for much worse reasons. I went down a big rabbit hole on his fb and it scared me. Some very scary people who seemed to all work at some sort of "resort" out of the country. That's always an option, to me. But the police said it was a recovery, not a rescue effort, which makes me think they know something I don't. I won't ever rest well until she is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back