DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreeing w ^: no mention of jewelry, etc in SW's.

But wait a sec. When were those SW's issued? Early, like within a day or two of deaths? If so, did LE have time to gather details about jewelry? Any SW's issued since then? IDK.
Wasn't mentioned in the SW for Chevy and Amerit truck, a week after murders

About the double doors...

The builder added a feature just for me. It is a secreted steel reinforced closet with a system connected directly to the local police station. A light comes on automatically in the closet when the door is opened. It can be used a tornado shelter. We store bottled water and cracker nabs. It also has a safe in the secreted closet for valuables. Best insurance I could get. It's a wonderful comfort to know it's there if ever needed.

RSBM. Didn't we hear earlier that the S family had a panic room of some type? Or was that just a "what if" conversation? I could not make out any of the writing on the blueprints.

RSBM. Didn't we hear earlier that the S family had a panic room of some type? Or was that just a "what if" conversation? I could not make out any of the writing on the blueprints.

I read that, too; I can't remember if it was one of the locals who were frequenting the thread who said they *heard* the family had a safe room, or if it was in a news article. I don't think I'll be able to find it :(

Wasn't mentioned in the SW for Chevy and Amerit truck, a week after murders

I don't know. A week isn't that long. I would think the S daughters would've known best what jewelry there was and purses etc but I doubt they even wanted to go and look to see the house as there parents and brother were the most important of what was missing. Maybe the insurance company would have descriptions of the more expensive pieces but still a week isn't long when funeral is being planned and LE is on the hunt for DW and Co.

I may be totally wrong---but I still have a strange feeling that this was all DW. That he barged into the house, maybe as VF was leaving, put a knife to her throat, and got them all duct taped up and under control and then called SS.

I also doubt that he ended up leaving with many valuables, other than the ransom money and the cells. I have not heard any mention of any missing Rolexes or diamond necklaces.

I know they initially said he had help, but I am wondering if they have changed their opinions on that. I cannot wait for the preliminary hearing.
JMHO Crime & Murders happen because they have intent & motive. JMHO intent & motive of SS Mansion Quad Murder not necessarily in this order: Revenge, Anger for people who have a seemingly good life, A coddled son that appeared to get everything, THEFT of valuables, Theft of Autos, Theft of Cash. But more importantly a quick hit could NET a lot of cash & jewels. & by the way, one or more of these could have become abandoned according to how it all went down.

So regarding the jewelry & smalls that would be the simplest form of theft. New York has "diamond district" & many a bit unscrupulous shops there.So good place to fence jewels. interesting that he had a girl there. ..... so my parting note.... why do you think they call it a CRIME "RING" anyway??...

They enlarged the garage in 2011 or 2013? I don't see how they were able to do that unless they dug down underneath. There wasn't really room to expand its width. Maybe the left side houses a hydraulic lift and there's a 10 car underground garage! I know a car collector in Potomac with a 26 car under-ground garage - crazy! They also have a bowling alley and and ice skating rink, so that's probably not relevant... :)

The garage was enlarged in DEPTH.

JMHO Crime & Murders happen because they have intent & motive. JMHO intent & motive of SS Mansion Quad Murder not necessarily in this order: Revenge, Anger for people who have a seemingly good life, A coddled son that appeared to get everything, THEFT of valuables, Theft of Autos, Theft of Cash. But more importantly a quick hit could NET a lot of cash & jewels. & by the way, one or more of these could have become abandoned according to how it all went down.

So regarding the jewelry & smalls that would be the simplest form of theft. New York has "diamond district" & many a bit unscrupulous shops there.So good place to fence jewels. interesting that he had a girl there. ..... so my parting note.... why do you think they call it a CRIME "RING" anyway??...

I understand there are 'crime rings' and gangs. But within those groups there are many 'lone wolves' who carry out vicious crimes solo. And I am wondering if DW might have done that here.

If DW had a 'crew' with him then I would have expected one of them to drive off with the Porsche and the Rolls in the middle of the night. An entire driveway full of high end cars and they got NOTHING?

And the hostage was given a lot of time to call around and prevent any more visitors to the home. If DW had a crew of gang members with him then I don't think he would have been so worried about one more hostage.

I think DW did have a hatred and jealousy of wealthy people and he took it out on this family in a sick, twisted, vicious way. And I think it might have all been done by his hands alone. JMO

No way! Birkin and Chanel bags, diamond engagement ring, diamond studs, watches, silver! He had plenty of time to gather a lot of valuables imo.

Guys won't bother with designer bags. Heavy metal maybe. I think he would take only cash and credit cards.

I understand there are 'crime rings' and gangs. But within those groups there are many 'lone wolves' who carry out vicious crimes solo. And I am wondering if DW might have done that here.

If DW had a 'crew' with him then I would have expected one of them to drive off with the Porsche and the Rolls in the middle of the night. An entire driveway full of high end cars and they got NOTHING?

And the hostage was given a lot of time to call around and prevent any more visitors to the home. If DW had a crew of gang members with him then I don't think he would have been so worried about one more hostage.

I think DW did have a hatred and jealousy of wealthy people and he took it out on this family in a sick, twisted, vicious way. And I think it might have all been done by his hands alone. JMO
IMO Well most of the crimes that crime rings commit are burglaries & thefts w/o Murder. I suppose when murder (esp torture of a child) entered into the picture -- prob something like this went on.."I'm out" "Yeah me too I'm out" -- part of his ring moved on. the auto chop shop part of the ring. JW may have moved on too... kind of like the Jail gal who didn't do her end & pick up Matt & Sweat- the word murder freezes a lot of people in rings - they do have morals yo kno

Guys won't bother with designer bags. Heavy metal maybe. I think he would take only cash and credit cards.

My mind boggles at the things people will steal. One of my neighbor's copper downspouts was stolen off his house this week.

I think you might be surprised about guys and designer bags. Huge discussion about this on Christina Morris' thread.

Atlantic City police searching for two men in designer bag thefts at Pier at Caesars

Atlantic City Police are searching for two men in connection to at least three shoplifting thefts from stores at the Pier at Caesars.
The estimated worth of the designer items stolen on three separate dates in September and October, is more than $17,000.
Among the items stolen from the Gucci and Louis Vuitton stores at the high-end shopping mall are 13 purses and four male belts, police said.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_4d30d45e-f4f5-11e0-bb33-001cc4c002e0.html

Was that white bucket full of designer bags? I doubt it. But who knows?

Police search for trio of designer bag thieves

ST. PETERSBURG (FOX 13) - The search is on for three men who stole very expensive purses from at least two local stores last month.

St. Petersburg police say the first theft happened at the T.J.Maxx store on 66th Street on July 16. The men stole a total of five Michael Kors purses, an estimated value of nearly $900.

The next day, police say those same men hit the Marshalls store down the street, and took eight more designer bags. Again, each purse made by Michael Kors.

In total, the stolen bags are worth nearly $2,500.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/26172279/police-search-for-trio-of-designer-bag-thieves

I :heartbeat: Michael Kors!

IMO Well most of the crimes that crime rings commit are burglaries & thefts w/o Murder. I suppose when murder (esp torture of a child) entered into the picture -- prob something like this went on.."I'm out" "Yeah me too I'm out" -- part of his ring moved on. the auto chop shop part of the ring. JW may have moved on too... kind of like the Jail gal who didn't do her end & pick up Matt & Sweat- the word murder freezes a lot of gang-bangers (can I post that word??)

Yes! I have seen it before here. And, it is what it is...

My mind boggles at the things people will steal. One of my neighbor's copper downspouts was stolen off his house this week.

Copper is a hot commodity/easy cash... Tweakers will strip a mobile home or trailer house in a heartbeat of any copper wiring, pipe, etc.

I'd be po'd if somebody stole my copper downspout!!

Note: Savopoulos did not own a Rolls. He owned a Bently, Range Rover, Land Rover, Audi, Mosler and Porsche.
You may have confused someone's use of the acronym RR for Rolls Royce.

Self-proclaimed Houston closet thief: "Designer" gear is ...

www.cbsnews.com/news/self-proclaimed-texas-closet-thief-designer...

HOUSTON - A person claiming to be responsible for the theft of nearly $1 million in designer bags, jewelry and furs from a Houston woman's 3,000-square-foot closet ...

You are referring to a specialized thief who would have had a vehicle large enough to haul a lot of loot.
There was no sign of anything large in DW's white bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member