DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to rely on by-lined msm reports from today. The reporter clearly trusts his source.

Bruce Leshan, WUSA-TV, Washington, D.C. 12:45 p.m. EDT May 21, 2015

Detectives say they believe the killers held the four victims captive for about 10 hours, and that they successfully forced the Savopoulos family to get them about $40,000 in cash, which was delivered to the house by an assistant to Savvas Savopoulos.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t-named-in-quadruple-homicide-in-dc/27692653/

Call me when he names his source. O'key?

Apparently detectives came up with it and I think they might actually be basing it on evidence.

Detectives believe the killers held the four victims captive for about 10 hours, and that they successfully forced the Savopoulos family to get them the money.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...tured-before-murders-and-fire-in-dc/27643991/

I am sorry...but how can you be following this and actually believe that?

The HK was never supposed to be there overnight. So clearly, the hostage taking started much earlier on Wednesday...based on reporting that she was supposed to leave at 3pm, sometime before that.

But even if you don't believe the 3pm quit time report...she was NEVER a sleep over HK. She would have left by 5 or 6.

OH, and of course, SS being called home "unexpectedly" at around 5:30 or whatever.

But the biggest clue that the 10 hour thing isn't factual is the HK being taken hostage.

That 10 hour time frame was mentioned early on, and only for a short time. This was clearly more like a 20 hour ordeal!!!

Bernie Kerik on Megyn Kelly Show: He didn't order those 2 pizzas to feed the family; thinks may be another involved

Megyn to Wint's former attorney re he was only convicted of the 1/6 charges: that's a testament to your legal skills

LOL

O Wow

He won't comment on whether or not he has spoken to him!

Ha Ha!

He's patriotic; he tried to join the Marines

Time to break out the wine

the media stuff on this has been so inconsistent the only thing we really know for sure is this wint guy is on the run and his DNA was found on pizza crust in the house.

:seeya:

New thread coming. This one will close in about 15 minutes.

Isn't he also the guy that reported it was $1000, before he corrected it, of course.
Instead of saying tens of 1,000 he said 1,000. He is actually usually a good and reliable reporter jmo

the media stuff on this has been so inconsistent the only thing we really know for sure is this wint guy is on the run and his DNA was found on pizza crust in the house.

The reporting has been particularly poor imo. Now this:

Police have not been able to confirm that Wint, who was named as the suspect in the attack on a family in their Washington, D.C., mansion last week, was ever in New York City despite his girlfriend's claims that he stayed at her apartment Wednesday night.

The girlfriend, whose name has not been publicly released, said that he might have come up to New York via bus after last Thursday's murders but police sources told ABC News that they are "not confident" that's accurate.

...She is not a suspect in the case and does not face any charges, police said.

http://6abc.com/news/no-reason-to-believe-mansion-fire-suspect-in-nyc-police-say/734309/

Ha Ha!

He's patriotic; he tried to join the Marines

Time to break out the wine

LOL! Did he also say he failed boot camp miserably and they tossed him out. Either he couldn't make the grade, which actually quite a few cant ...because it is grueling training or he back talked his Drill Sgt. and other high officials and they found him unfit.

Either way he has always been a loser and a violent hothead, imo.

IMO

This report says it was delivered at approx 9 p.m. I don't have a cite for when the order was placed:

The pizza crust was the main source of the DNA identification, sources close to the investigation told ABC News. The pizza came from a Domino's delivery made to the home at roughly 9 p.m. Wednesday night, the night before the fire. http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-fire-police-dna-connect-suspect-pizza/story?id=31206250

FOX 5 has learned that a Domino's pizza delivery was made just before midnight at the Savopoulos' house on May 13, the night before the victims were found dead. The delivery man says he left two pizzas at the front door and there was an envelope with cash left outside.http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29125505/wint-search

Cathy Lanier certainly had a point when she said a lot of misinformation is going around...

Ya, so I hear, but it was posted that the dog is a small doggie.

I'm not trying to argue with ya :peace:
Just sharing my knowledge as a former AHT and volunteer for the SPCA.

I couldn't stand to go to it's Facebook page. One look at it on this thread was enough for me.

Makes me sick.

I was concerned when I heard about him holding a dog in a photo. Was it it's? If so, how safe is the dog? I'll presume not very.

This criminal is a complete lunatic. Who knows who else or what else it has harmed?

Anyone capable of these atrocious acts that were committed in this crime is capable of anything.

Either way, I'm glad the dogs weren't harmed.

I'm also glad the dogs weren't harmed. More disturbing, is the fact that he has a child (bragging on his FB Page, 'anyone want to have a beautiful child like this?)- how will this affect his daughter?(& it appears he also has a half sister, his father obtained a protective order against him 10 yrs ago, when she was 8). This guy just leaves a path of destruction in his wake.

Bernie Kerik on Megyn Kelly Show: He didn't order those 2 pizzas to feed the family; thinks may be another involved

Megyn to Wint's former attorney re he was only convicted of the 1/6 charges: that's a testament to your legal skills

LOL

We will see but personally I think he is a loner and did this own his on. He didn't need help. Plenty of murderers have murdered multiple people at one time and they did it all by themselves.

I don't think they will find anyone else connected to the case but him.

And he cant say with any certainty he didn't buy the pizza for them all. He like us weren't there. You can never read the mind of a psychopath. They can be charming one minute and raging the next.

JMO

It's clearly not true that family was held for only 10 hours. Whoever came up with that didn't do the math. It has been reported widely that police believe family was being held hostage staring sometime Wednesday. There is no way that adds up to only 10 hours.

Exactly. And the pizzas were delivered on thurs - late afternoon/early evening. Just now on CNN they had some people discussing the scene- the fire was contained mostly to the second floor and attic. So if they found a pizza crust with his DNA on it- there's gotta be more evidence that was not destroyed by the fire- and will probably explain things likely (IMO) on the first floor.

I mean I'm sure they know a lot more than we are hearing.

DDW GF is also in my opinion mostly full of *****- wouldn't he have surrendered by now if he had any intention of doing that? I think he is/was trying to buy time. The U.S. Marshall's in NYC will get him. They are so good.

The level of violence in this makes me feel so sick for them :( the terror they experienced in their last hours- it's breathtaking how truly evil some people could be.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member