DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be ticked if it is a rerun. CNN is running out my patience with rerun "special report" news. Like I said "we will see".

I agree. CNN has gone down hill dramatically.

Looks like a rerun from June on my Guide

Dang! That's the pits! I hate when my DVR picks up old stuff as new too.

I will be ticked if it is a rerun. CNN is running out my patience with rerun "special report" news. Like I said "we will see".

Remember ...it's a sister company of "bombshell" tonight :pullhair:

Just looked and it says the report is #2. Also "new". Like I said...we'll see.

I think the CNN special is new. My DVR says that it's new and the first air date is today.
New article.

"That's how much investigators say the killer or killers escaped with. A substantial amount of money -- tens of thousands of dollars -- was left behind somewhere in the home, along with millions of dollars in art and jewelry, according to multiple sources close to the investigation."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/20/us/d-...sion-murders1218AMVODtopPhoto&linkId=18109304

"CNN research has uncovered records suggesting a possible link at one time between the accused killer and the assistant.

In 2006, Wint lived in the same Maryland apartment complex as Wallace's father -- but it isn't clear if Jordan Wallace actually lived there or just visited. CNN has found no other indications that Wint and Wallace knew each other.

Neither Wallace nor his family would comment on the case."

I think the CNN special is new. My DVR says that it's new and the first air date is today.
New article.

"That's how much investigators say the killer or killers escaped with. A substantial amount of money -- tens of thousands of dollars -- was left behind somewhere in the home, along with millions of dollars in art and jewelry, according to multiple sources close to the investigation."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/20/us/d-...sion-murders1218AMVODtopPhoto&linkId=18109304

"CNN research has uncovered records suggesting a possible link at one time between the accused killer and the assistant.

In 2006, Wint lived in the same Maryland apartment complex as Wallace's father -- but it isn't clear if Jordan Wallace actually lived there or just visited. CNN has found no other indications that Wint and Wallace knew each other.

Neither Wallace nor his family would comment on the case."

Not that I've kept up on everything, but what I thought to be new was about that a large amount of money was left behind in the house in addition to other valuables. I do think there's more to the story when and if it ever comes out. I do hope we eventually find out what banking and other records were stolen. Stealing banking records, but not stealing all the cash or jewelry in the house does not sound like an idea that would originate from DW.

Not that I've kept up on everything, but what I thought to be new was about that a large amount of money was left behind in the house in addition to other valuables. I do think there's more to the story when and if it ever comes out. I do hope we eventually find out what banking and other records were stolen. Stealing banking records, but not stealing all the cash or jewelry in the house does not sound like an idea that would originate from DW.
Yes... The thousands of $$$ left behind... That was new. Also, I got the impression they don't believe DW acted alone (Either do I). Plus, seems JW is still being scrutinized?:thinking:

Yes... The thousands of $$$ left behind... That was new. Also, I got the impression they don't believe DW acted alone (Either do I). Plus, seems JW is still being scrutinized?:thinking:

I do think JW had something to do with it, even if he was just a petty thief who used DW as his fence where he bragged while selling stolen goods or simply that he opened his mouth in a gym or whatever. I think someone had to have known that SS employed a driver who could deliver the money without requiring a member of the S family to go into the bank to sign for it, even if JW wasn't complicit in it, I think whoever was involved knew of the driver if not knowing JW to some degree personally (even if it's just hearing him brag at a gym or the track). DW could well have committed M1, but I think he was under orders from someone else as he doesn't exactly seem like the type to pass up cash and valuables when he's spending many hours in a thieves' paradise. If it is confirmed that $40K was the only valuable taken, that would be extremely curious and I think would really point to high level criminals of some type as taking another $10K-$20K from the house would take up virtually no space, so there'd have to be some reason to expressly leave it behind.

The police have never said DW acted alone. I don't believe either Dw or JW have the criminal sophistication to plan and carry out this kind of crime. The mechanics of this crime show quite a bit of " tradecraft." I am anxiously awaiting Dw's trial.

Police always claimed they believed DW didn't act alone. But they haven't arrested anyone. By now, surely they got all the DNA results back.

Police always claimed they believed DW didn't act alone. But they haven't arrested anyone. By now, surely they got all the DNA results back.
Yes, the Dna evidence presented at trial will be interesting for a variety of reasons.

The CNN special was very good and did tell a few things that I was not aware of.

I agree the special implied that others could be involved which has been speculated for some time.

I found it interesting that JW once lived in the same building as DW. And news that the cousin worked where DW worked too.

I am disappointed LE has not arrested anyone else but happy they at least have one of the perps. The extra prints beside the pizza was news to me. Seems a solid case against DW.

If others are involved I hope LE makes those arrests soon.

One player role may have been like "i will give you all the info you need but I am not going to go in the house".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname