DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one possibility. I've no idea who W-3 was, some who saw a car driving extremely fast in city traffic--which I would imagine involve a lot of rapid lane changes--might describe that as erratic.

It was being driven away from the crime scene. And it was described as driven erratically, not extremely fast.

I don't think they have any evidence, yet, to charge them with anything. Or they would have. I don't think LE bought a lie about them not knowing the money was stolen. How does this guy come up these kinds of bucks and goes around with his buddies and they are obviously hiding from someone, like the police? They knew, they just didn't have enough to charge them or they turned and are working with the police. A lot we don't know.

They may be waiting to take it before a grand jury. Holiday weekend, they won't be meeting until Tuesday at the earliest. At a minimum, they'll be hit with aiding and abetting a fugitive.

JMO

That may be why he stood across the street acting out! But cruising about town with a machete and BB gun sounds on the aggressive side!

I wonder if DDW terrorized and threatened that poor man for years? Like I wonder if DDW had threatened Mr. S to get $$$ in the past. Maybe Mr. S got fed up with the extortion after awhile and said enough is enough and told DDW that he wasn't giving him any more money. Maybe it escalated after that and DDW started to threaten his family and it came to a tragic end. God, I hope not. I hate to think that Mr. S and his family lived their lives in fear of this man for any amount of time.

PS. I'm just spitballing ideas here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I didn't take it as a physical threat either. I couldn't tell if the poster thought it was truly a physical threat, or if it just gave him something juicy to grab onto to fuel his argument. I am pretty amazed at how much headspace Savvas had for things other than construction. It seems almost like he didn't really run AIW himself, but left it to the other C-level people to do the work so that he could spend time on cars and martial arts.

BBM. This -- and another recent post by Skigirl -- remind me of a theory expressed here a while ago that perhaps DDW was hired as a hit man, in order to remove SS from his position as CEO. SS's cavalier attitude toward AIW could have led to a lot of resentment on the part of some B +C-level people, especially since they could have thought SS had recently gone "over the top" in 1) hiring the racing
driver as an assistant; 2) opening -- and even spending hands-on time cleaning -- the new studio, and 3) opening a new investment company headquartered in the Caribbean. The new driver/assistant perhaps was usurping roles that had previously been filled by other people in the AIW organization.

The theory makes sense to me. MOO.

Wints' fingerprints were already in the AFIS system when he was arrested. There would be a 'hit' the moment the prints were rolled in booking him into the jail even before the booking process was finished. Two sets of fingerprint cards would be printed out at the end of the booking process.

Evidently we have a very inept reporter reporting that. I simply do not and cannot believe that was said in court by the prosecutor. If by chance he did, he was set straight immediately, IMO.

MOO

Wint has been booked under several versions of his name. The AUSA wants to erase any doubt so that a defense attorney can't question it.

JMO

It was being driven away from the crime scene. And it was described as driven erratically, not extremely fast.

Possibily. At this point the only thing in the official document is a report that W-3 saw a blue Prosche(sic) being driven erratically on New York Ave. I think it's probable that it was the Savolopous's car but that hasn't been proven at this point. W-3 didn't give any clue to what s/he meant by erratic. Thus, I think there's no reason to be as sure as you are that whoever was driving the car "didn't have the required skills."

[/B]

BBM. This -- and another recent post by Skigirl -- remind me of a theory expressed here a while ago that perhaps DDW was hired as a hit man, in order to remove SS from his position as CEO. SS's cavalier attitude toward AIW could have led to a lot of resentment on the part of some B +C-level people, especially since they could have thought SS had recently gone "over the top" in 1) hiring the racing
driver as an assistant; 2) opening -- and even spending hands-on time cleaning -- the new studio, and 3) opening a new investment company headquartered in the Caribbean. The new driver/assistant perhaps was usurping roles that had previously been filled by other people in the AIW organization.

The theory makes sense to me. MOO.

SS family owned the company. Employees who weren't happy had the choice to leave but the next CEO may also be a family member since they are in control of who is in charge.

JMO

Well, if he is indeed the one who killed the Savoloupos family and Ms. Figueroa (and I believe he is), he knew he'd committed a crime and presumably was on the run from the police who were looking for him in New York so covering his tracks might make sense...though not much of this whole horrible thing makes much sense from my perspective.

I think some of this is this generation having an inability to stay off their cell phones. They found em at HOward Johnsons by cell phone pings - I posted the NBC link earlier. ANd I do think it is an actual "inability" to turn off their phones. They have to know about cell phone towers (but maybe not news watchers!).

It stuns me how so many appear to beleive that there online activity is private. ONe would think they would be able to connect that reality by just catching on , that right after searching for a pink garbage can, ads about garbage cans start flooding you - how can they not catch on as to how this works!

Thread is temporarily closed. A new thread will be coming shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph