DC - They did it for the show - Couple Crashes White House Dinner

This couple explains the word rude better than the dictionary, they are celebrities in their own minds. From what I understand they were only being considered for the show, now their chances are none. The secret service guys will be standing at the local cross walk helping school kids cross the street.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/27/state.dinner.couple/index.html

This couple explains the word rude better than the dictionary, they are celebrities in their own minds. From what I understand they were only being considered for the show, now their chances are none. The secret service guys will be standing at the local cross walk helping school kids cross the street.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/27/state.dinner.couple/index.html

From the article:

"The White House says the Salahis were not invited, but their lawyer, Paul W. Garner, "states emphatically that the Salahis did not 'crash' this event," according to a statement from the couple's publicist, Mahogany Jones."

I have to wonder what sort of legalspeak this is. In you're not invited and you make your way through security checkpoints, you are, by definition, "crashing." IMHO

From the article:

"The White House says the Salahis were not invited, but their lawyer, Paul W. Garner, "states emphatically that the Salahis did not 'crash' this event," according to a statement from the couple's publicist, Mahogany Jones."

I have to wonder what sort of legalspeak this is. In you're not invited and you make your way through security checkpoints, you are, by definition, "crashing." IMHO

Ya I was reading that to. But you have to give them credit, they must have learned something from the Heenes because they hired an attorney before they ran their mouths on national t.v. They must have had some kind of fake invitation. I think they used an executives invitation from Bravo, because an executive from Bravo was there at the event and when she saw them walk in she thought to herself what are they doing here?

I remember witnessing the secret service giving a man hell for taping a Flat Stanley to the secondary fence barrier around the White House, as the man was trying to get a picture of Flat Stanley visiting the White House... yet they let these jacka$$es get past their detail and have a one-on-one greeting with the president? I guess it is all about priorities, priorities, priorities... maybe Flat Stanley has terroristic intentions?

How much value do you think a dinner at the White House has? Where you're able to mix and mingle with the powers that be? I think they should put a value on this meal and send them a bill for it!

VB

Yes, absolutely! I think that's awesome. I wish I had the inclination and gumption to crash a White House dinner.

They certainly do sound like attention-seekers.

You sure have more gumption than me. I don't want to end up behind bars, fined, and probably have the IRS knocking on my door (don't PO the prez - know what I mean).

I say if anyone wants attention - crash the prez's house. That should do it.

Mel

How much value do you think a dinner at the White House has? Where you're able to mix and mingle with the powers that be? I think they should put a value on this meal and send them a bill for it!

VB

They will and already have billed them... it is called federal taxes. Pretty much the common tax payer owns the White House, pays for those fancy schmancey diners, and pays Obama & Friends salary. :)

I think it's wrong. Tasteless, crass, illegal and a bad example for our youth. We shouldn't laugh at it as a society and in the media, it sends the wrong message, imo. Breaking the law is never funny...or shouldn't be. I hope they are charged with something and not further made mini-celebrities out of this, thus achieving their goal...actually, I hope they are shamed.

But that's just me. ;)

Am I the only one who can think of ways to kill people that will still allow me to get through the metal detectors? I hope they throw the book at these two idiots.

I thought of that too. Heard on several press junkets there were tables loaded with steak knives (silly since this was a vegan type meal). But I got the point of what they were trying to reference.

Anyway, I also heard the couple didn't make it to the sit down dinner. So something must have happened that we're not aware of. Does anyone know?
Did they just make the reception part?

Mel

Just wannabe's...(link also details debts, it's quite the list)

But before committing the high-profile party-foul-turned-security-breach, the Salahis were already well-known in Virginia legal circles. The couple are named in 16 lawsuits, including an ongoing feud with Tareq's mother, Corinne Salahi, over ownership of Oasis Winery, one part of the Hume, Va.-based family business.

In February, Tareq Salahi filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy on behalf of Oasis Enterprises, another part of the business. Debts totaled close to $1-million, the filing says, with only $335,000 in assets.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...owe-a-bundle-still-might-face-charges/1054942

One thing, just curious...how is a car that has $53,000 owed on it, only worth $15,000?>
• Leased 2005 Audi A8L 4-door sedan kept at Salahi's business: $15,325 (though the court papers indicate Oasis owes $53,845 on the car)

Anyway, I also heard the couple didn't make it to the sit down dinner. So something must have happened that we're not aware of. Does anyone know?
Did they just make the reception part?

Mel

A guess is that they thought they would have been found out, as no seats were assigned to them. If they made the mistake of sitting in someone's chair, and someone questioned them - the gig would be up. They could mingle during the reception, but once the dinner started, they left.

What this couple did was wrong. This was not some party at Donald Trumps they crashed; it was a White House State Dinner. This is a very serious thing and I did not giggle when I heard about it.

I hope they do get the book thrown at them - they deserve it, IMO. If it was you or I, we would be sitting in Federal custody right now.

MOO

Sorry, I know I shouldn't be...but I'm still giggling.
In light of all the times the government has put one over on the little guy...this is long overdue.

I hope they get their own show and never have to worry about debt again. We all know that won't happen, they will get the book thrown at them, but I can wish.

What an embarrassment for the White House and the Secret Service. If anything this couple has exposed some serious security issues. Potentially they could have been psychos who pulled out a weapon on Obama while shaking his hand. It is scary.

I have mixed feelings as I tend to appreciate it when people have the balls to do something like this but given the fact this was a state White House dinner and they made it all the way to the President of the United States to potentially promote a reality show it is pretty tasteless and self-serving.

You sure have more gumption than me. I don't want to end up behind bars, fined, and probably have the IRS knocking on my door (don't PO the prez - know what I mean).

I say if anyone wants attention - crash the prez's house. That should do it.

Mel

I once wound up behind bars for practicing law without a license - and that's a GREAT story....only time I've ever been behind bars, BTW.....but I digress.....but THIS would beat that by a mile! :)

(That said - I'm not much of an attention-seeker. I would only want to crash a White House dinner to say I'd done it....I would NEVER want to be on television....YUCK!)

Sorry, I know I shouldn't be...but I'm still giggling.
In light of all the times the government has put one over on the little guy...this is long overdue.

I hope they get their own show and never have to worry about debt again. We all know that won't happen, they will get the book thrown at them, but I can wish.

No way - do you think? My money's still on their getting a slap on the wrist, but I guess we'll see how this plays out!

I would love to hear that they have been arrested, and that there will be no reality show at all.
I would love to know that this stunt cost them real big, and changed their world enough to never
again fit in with any dignified folks. YAP we have to make some effing changes in this darn Country.

The depravity that is going on in our Country at this point has got to stop. :furious:
People have no boundaries, they go where they are not welcome, they rape children,
they kill and harm/abuse people because they CAN and have no principles and no moral code.
SO unless we give them a reason to think twice they wont.

OK now I am getting off my milk box.

I find this stunt both funny and alarming. Yes, the reason this couple did the stunt is disgusting, however, I'm glad attention has been brought to the White House security effectiveness.
If security, the secret service, or whoever the door checker was, was doing their job, we would have never heard about this event! Think how unfunny it would have been, if it were a nonparty crasher!

I find this stunt both funny and alarming. Yes, the reason this couple did the stunt is disgusting, however, I'm glad attention has been brought to the White House security effectiveness.
If security, the secret service, or whoever the door checker was, was doing their job, we would have never heard about this event! Think how unfunny it would have been, if it were a nonparty crasher!

I feel the same way. Amazing to me they were able to pull this off.

I would love to hear that they have been arrested, and that there will be no reality show at all.
I would love to know that this stunt cost them real big, and changed their world enough to never
again fit in with any dignified folks. YAP we have to make some effing changes in this darn Country.

The depravity that is going on in our Country at this point has got to stop. :furious:
People have no boundaries, they go where they are not welcome, they rape children,
they kill and harm/abuse people because they CAN and have no principles and no moral code.
SO unless we give them a reason to think twice they wont.

OK now I am getting off my milk box.

I LIKE your 'milkbox moments'! My sentiments EXACTLY!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back