Resolved DC - Washington, WhtFem UP13115, 45-65, found in residence, Nov'14

Wouldn't the medical information explicitly mention if she was that underweight, though? Something that extreme sounds like it would be a significant detail.

Her face looks emaciated to me. Drug use, anorexia, or a chronic health problem could contribute to extremely low body weight.

If the weight is correct though, her BMI would be something like 12.5 - and if you look at people with a 12.5 BMI, they appear FAR more emaciated than this woman might have in real life. Like, that would be VERY serious anorexia.

This woman has a BMI of 8. Obviously her body is severely emaciated, but her face isn't terribly bad...or as bad as I would think someone with a BMI that low would look.

Re weight: I am 5'6 and weighed about 80-85 lbs for much of high school. (Not an eating disorder, was just naturally very thin.) I'm not saying the 66 lbs is correct, but it is possible to weigh that little without being incredibly ill. I looked skinny but not emaciated, and was actually healthy.

Anyhow, I'd like to know COD for this lady. IF the weight is correct and IF she had anorexia or another concern, that could be what killed her.

Two things I noticed: It says she was found unresponsive... was she alive and unconscious when found, and later passed away? Also it says "few clothes found in room used by decedent," which implies that she was staying there for some amount of time. By the way, this is not an upscale apartment building. I know $1200+ for an apartment is expensive-ish in most parts of the country, but not at all in DC. That's actually lower than the average rent there.

I was under the impression that she was only wearing underwear (presumably sleeping in them?) and the other clothes were what she was wearing the previous night. In other words, just one outfit. I wish there was a description of the other clothes.

My guess is that she was homeless or the resident of the apartment picked her up the night before. (Says she was found at 6:47 am.)

James Vail said his brother took the woman in off the streets. She was homeless and didn’t wish to reveal her identity.

“She remained largely a mystery to Richard,” James Vail said.

Why did Richard Vail invite a homeless woman to live with him, rent-free?
“Because that’s the type of person he was,” James Vail said. “He was selfless.” So selfless, he said, that the woman slept in his brother’s bed while Richard Vail took the floor.

James Vail said that his brother didn’t pester his roommate about her identity or possible family. In the last several weeks before she died, Richard Vail told his brother that the woman was sick, but James Vail said he didn’t know the extent of her illness.

Richard Vail died in February of natural causes. He was 76.

Mr Vail should have been canonized for how he helped this woman.
But whopped in the head for not catching (or even asking) her name!

Bump, I found a video for this jane doe, at least shes getting some attention... poor woman :(

WARNING video has pm photo

[video=youtube;El6MWt1wWFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6MWt1wWFo[/video]

Her entry in NamUS is giving me a "permission error" today.

Anyone know anything about an ID being made???

Her entry in NamUS is giving me a "permission error" today.

Anyone know anything about an ID being made???

Yes, according to the medical examiner's office she has been identified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back