GUILTY DE - Evan Dudley, 21 mos, beaten to death, Dover, 3 Nov 2012

Former airman gets probation in toddler's death

In sentencing Corbett, the judge noted his lack of a criminal background and exemplary military record.

Prosecutors, along with the victim's mother, asked the judge to sentence Corbett to the maximum eight years behind bars.

The judge suspended the eight-year sentence for 31 days time served and probation.

http://m.theeagle.com/news/nation/f...5fa-3c7a-5a62-83ee-db34dfa74a7b.html?mode=jqm

PROBATION! He beat a baby to death.
I'm done because I will get banned if I stay.

Drop the puck will you edit your 8 year post post so people know to go to the next page for more.

Edited my post. This makes me SO angry. FFS, what is wrong with that judge? What was wrong with that jury?? I am done as well b/c I will also get banned.

I am so sorry for the mom, the family, this is foul. I am also sorry for all the ws'ers who put so much time and caring into this case. I just can't believe Evan was let down like this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ugh. The article I posted earlier is incorrect. The was only given 18 mos probation. See this article for the correct information: http://www.delawareonline.com/story.../?hootPostID=2e2bb9be055386d94f3898ea5a7c7ec3

Corbett was given the maximum sentence of 8 years. I wish he could have gotten more, but at least he wasn't given less.

http://www.wmdt.com/news/more-local...ntenced-to-almost-a-decade-in-prison/41682626

They finally removed the incorrect article.

This is devastating. I don't care how many tours of duty JC did, it shouldn't be used to cancel out beating a baby to death. What a travesty on top of a travesty.

I truly am glad I'm not in Nikki's shoes because I think I'd have a mental breakdown and kill the man. I can't imagine knowing someone murdered my baby, was found guilty in court, but them allowed to walk free. You shouldn't be allowed to kill a baby and serve 0 years in prison. There should be some sort of mandatory prison time for murdering an innocent baby.

This is devastating. I don't care how many tours of duty JC did, it shouldn't be used to cancel out beating a baby to death. What a travesty on top of a travesty.

I completely agree. I don't even understand how the jury came up with 'negligible homicide' instead of Murder 1 or 2. Were they listening to the medical examiner??? And to give this only probation b/c he didn't have a criminal record and his "exemplary" service record is an absolute disgrace. Between the jury and the judge, it makes me so angry this beast has gotten away with killing a child.

I completely agree. I don't even understand how the jury came up with 'negligible homicide' instead of Murder 1 or 2. Were they listening to the medical examiner??? And to give this only probation b/c he didn't have a criminal record and his "exemplary" service record is an absolute disgrace. Between the jury and the judge, it makes me so angry this beast has gotten away with killing a child.

I see way too many sentences lately that say women and children do not matter to the criminal justice system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back