Deceased/Not Found DE - Nefertiri Trader, 33, New Castle, 29 June 2014

I could be way off base here, but here goes:

Could the reason why the neighbor didn't report this when it first happened been used to such fights/struggles in the past from this woman?

Years ago, a friend of mine had lived in a not so nice section of the city. She had her windows open, and I thought I had heard screaming in an apartment the next house over. Suddenly, there were loud crashes, like dishes being thrown against the wall, then more cursing and swearing, and screaming. I asked my friend why she didn't call the cops, and she said "it happens almost every night, and if you call the cops, they get pissed at YOU for caring!" She had called the cops before, thinking the woman was in danger. She was told to mind her own business and to stay away from them.

Could this be why the neighbor didn't call? Maybe this is something that's happened before so her or she didn't think anything of it?

new article:

Eye witness and neighbor Joe Robinson told New Castle police that he saw Trader being forced from her home around 4:00 a.m.

Robinson said that he heard a loud shriek prompting him to look out of his window, where he claims to have witnessed Trader being carried from her home and forced into her silver 2000 Acura RL. New Castle police have not confirmed whether or not Trader was driving the car when she left the Saddlebrook neighborhood. The vehicle has a Delaware license plate number 404893.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-america-nefertiri-trader-n161556

17 hour delay...earlier articles indicated that she was reported missing that morning. This just keeps getting stranger.

I just searched for news and nothing new.

ETA: I'm also convinced now that the 2nd cup of coffee was for her abductor.

if she was holding 2 hot cups of coffee and a bag - I can see how she was vulnerable to an attack. However like you - I feel the second cup was for someone else. I wonder if the store's video shows if there were any differences between the two cups - (example - did she put sugar in one and not the other, milk etc). Very silly details but it may help determine if someone told her to grab them a cup and meet them. If that did happen - I think her phone log would help determine if anyone contacted her.

this is a very silent case in terms of publicity and FB.

Unidentified remains found about 7 miles from Nefertiri's home:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/07/29/police-body-found-behind-store-in-delaware/

Delaware State Police are investigating the death of a person whose a body was found in a wooded area behind a store Tuesday afternoon.

The discovery was made around 2:30 p.m. behind the BJ’s Wholesale Club in the 2100 block of Kirkwood Highway, west of Elsmere...

According to police, preliminary investigation indicated that the unidentified, partially clothed body was found about 200 feet into the wooded area. The age or gender of the remains has not been determined at this time.

Another source.....almost the same article but it states - no signs of foul play suspected as of now. There was a homeless encampment near that area states the article. The articles of clothing were kept however....and if I remember correctly N.Trader was wearing pink pajamas with animals on them. That is my memory based on a previous article but I had also wondered if they might have been scrubs. Delaware sources are so quiet about this case...I woudl think it would have received more coverage. I-495 is the big topic but give me a break - a woman gets abducted and she gets a few articles with little follow up (??)

http://www.delawareonline.com/story.../body-found-behind-bjs-near-elsmere/13337627/

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2014/10/01/mother-missing-months/16548889/

It’s been three months since a New Castle-area woman mysteriously disappeared from her Saddlebrook home after being forced into her car.

In spite of efforts by New Castle County detectives to locate her, 33-year-old Nefertiri Trader has not been found, said Officer Tracey Duffy.

Detectives have had “no strong leads” and have received “no solid information” on the woman’s June 30 disappearance, she said.

Interview with Mom 11/16/14:

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2014/11/16/mothers-anguish/19151883/

The article mentions not having the same LE effort as the Carlesha Freeland-Gaither abduction. Then I hear Mom mention that Nefertiri was hit and dragged and thrown in the rear seat of the car - and that makes me think of how Carlesha was taken. I wonder if Delvin Barnes was ever looked at as a suspect in this case?

This occurred in my of the woods. I used to work where she worked. Housekeeping is there 24/7 as it is a huge Level I Trauma Center, and she may have worked 3-11 shift. NCC Police are pretty diligent and I would assume they have interviewed her friends and co-workers, and her exes. This act does not sound random to me. IMO

I had heard nothing about this before now, and I live here. Thanks for bringing this to WS.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2014/11/16/mothers-anguish/19151883/

The article mentions not having the same LE effort as the Carlesha Freeland-Gaither abduction. Then I hear Mom mention that Nefertiri was hit and dragged and thrown in the rear seat of the car - and that makes me think of how Carlesha was taken. I wonder if Delvin Barnes was ever looked at as a suspect in this case?

I was thinking the same thing when Carlesha was taken...

Wow I was shocked to see this case bumped up and the new info. I don't get how quiet this went so soon afterwards. While the article states there is a reward, searches and Facebook posts - I never saw any of that pushed out to the public and I looked on FB for a page dedicated to her. Her personal page was Neffie Taylor and as the article states her Mom has a page. But neither are set up for public viewing and search efforts. Media coverage was minimal.

What struck me as different in this report (besides the condom) was the neighbor's account of what happened. In the original reports he was said to have heard screaming - and that's what woke him up. Now he says it was a light that woke him up. Why the change? Maybe guilt for not picking up the phone and calling police? The article below is from July.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...search-continues-for-missing-delaware-mother/

I thought the same thing during Carleesha's case. I posted this thread on Carleesha's asking about any connection. I pointed out that Delaware is along the path between Maryland and Philadelphia. Barnes made that trip in the past. I would think DE LE would have picked up on that too since Carleesha's case was so heavily reported upon. Do you think it should be called in just in case?

I'm so glad Nefertiri is getting some media attention today. Delaware online (the news journal) is Delaware's primary newspaper & the one most people who read the paper will read. Hoping this encourages someone to come forward. Also a good reminder for me, being local, to keep my eye out for that silver Acura - I guess it could be anywhere by now.

I thought the same thing during Carleesha's case. I posted this thread on Carleesha's asking about any connection. I pointed out that Delaware is along the path between Maryland and Philadelphia. Barnes made that trip in the past. I would think DE LE would have picked up on that too since Carleesha's case was so heavily reported upon. Do you think it should be called in just in case?

I normally encourage people to call everything in, but in this case...I can tell you the jurisdictions are very close. There is no way DE LE are not aware of Carleesha's case.

Wow I was shocked to see this case bumped up and the new info. I don't get how quiet this went so soon afterwards. While the article states there is a reward, searches and Facebook posts - I never saw any of that pushed out to the public and I looked on FB for a page dedicated to her. Her personal page was Neffie Taylor and as the article states her Mom has a page. But neither are set up for public viewing and search efforts. Media coverage was minimal.

What struck me as different in this report (besides the condom) was the neighbor's account of what happened. In the original reports he was said to have heard screaming - and that's what woke him up. Now he says it was a light that woke him up. Why the change? Maybe guilt for not picking up the phone and calling police? The article below is from July.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...search-continues-for-missing-delaware-mother/

Sorry -I realized I posted a typo and the Edit button is not available. Her FB page is under Neffie Trader (not Taylor as I had posted).

All of this points to someone known to her, imo. Perhaps even someone welcomed by her, at least initially. I wish some info about what's being done to investigate would be released, right now it appears that little progress is being made. :-(

A Mother's Frustration: Nefertiri Trader Still Missing
View attachment 69640
The family of Nefertiri Trader will gather around the dinner table on Saturday Feb. 21 to mark the 34th birthday of the missing New Castle, Delaware woman. "I’ll be fixing dinner for her birthday... She loves collard greens, spare ribs, and baked macaroni and cheese," said Nefertiri’s mother, Denise Trader, describing her daughter’s favorite meal. Eight months ago Denise, 57, reported her eldest child, who she tenderly refers to as Neffie, missing. During a neighborhood canvass on the evening of June 30, a neighbor told police he saw a man drag the mother of three from her porch around 4 a.m. and force her into her vehicle, a silver 2000 Acura RL.

A few hours before the witness came forward, Denise sent the woman’s cousin to her Freedom Trail home after calls to her phone went unanswered. He found a pack of cigarettes and coffee, untouched, on a porch chair. A loaf of bread lay in the front yard, stepped on – possibly as the victim tried to fend off her abductor.

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...-Castle-Delaware-292280051.html#ixzz3S8gK8Qq9
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back