DE DE - Odessa, Rt 9 & Vance Neck Rd, WhtFem 701UFDE, 20-35, Nov'93

A couple of months ago, I stumbled across this case. I was drawn in by the hi-res photos of the skull. While looking at them, it appeared to me that it was more typically Asian than Caucasian. I have no formal training in forensics, but I have read a considerable amount of material on it, mostly journal articles. Here's my basis for thinking this:

1. Rounded orbitals, or eye sockets, Asian bone structure tends to have rounded orbitals while Caucasians tend to have rectangular orbits with rounded corners.

2. Minimal brow ridge. Caucasians tend to have a moderate to pronounced brow ridge.

3. Rounded nasal aperture, or opening, Caucasians tend to have elongated nasal apertures.

4. Nasal index, which is a comparison of nasal length beginning at the nasal root to the width of the aperture. In this case it's approximately 51, which is within the typical range for Asians (48-53).

5. The base of the nose opening, the nasal sill, appears to be rounded, while Caucasians tend to have a sharp sill with a defined, rough edge.

6. Tented nasal bridge. Caucasians tend to have a have a steepled bridge. This refers to the upward angle of the bridge. Think of it as a comparison of the roof of a church steeple and the roof of a tent.

7. The zygomatic arch appears to angle outward, while it has little angle in Caucasians.

I've been thinking the same thing. The Namus casefile indicates Caucasian, but her cranial features all point to Asian by my eye. Your drawing depicts a woman of Northeast asian descent (e.g., Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.). I'm seeing more Southeast Asian, or perhaps filipina.

Based on the suggestions that this UID is Asian, I think Song Im Joseph is a good potential match.

Height and age are both good. She is Korean, and she went missing from Delaware. I think she looks like the new recon drawing done based on her possibly being Asian.

The only thing is that she would have had to have been there for a heck of lot longer than just "more than 3 months". She went missing in 1975.

Dentals but no DNA in Namus.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6936/0/

I gave this one a revision. I can't totally ignore the anthropologist's assessment that she was Caucasian. There must be something that they see that is above my level of expertise (or more like lack of expertise).

But there is clearly Asian morphology, so I am still going to stick with the Asian/Caucasian mix look. But for the Asian part, I am going more with a southeast Asian look.

One thing that stands out by my eye is that she has a very shallow bridge of the nose. Any possibles with a well-defined bridge of the nose are probably not her.

Odessa Delaware Jane Doe Reconstruction 003.jpg

I gave this one a revision. I can't totally ignore the anthropologist's assessment that she was Caucasian. There must be something that they see that is above my level of expertise (or more like lack of expertise).

But there is clearly Asian morphology, so I am still going to stick with the Asian/Caucasian mix look. But for the Asian part, I am going more with a southeast Asian look.

One thing that stands out by my eye is that she has a very shallow bridge of the nose. Any possibles with a well-defined bridge of the nose are probably not her.

View attachment 131284

See, that looks even more like Song Im Joseph to me. Even though she is neither Caucasian or southeast Asian.

Skull photos were removed from NamUs.

Attachments

• 9A14A287-C78A-471C-B543-426BCF44CDF6.jpeg
    9A14A287-C78A-471C-B543-426BCF44CDF6.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 19
I think I’ve got a theory... maybe the Odessa police department is responsible for her death and are hiding up evidence and know who she is...

Odessa Jane Doe has been unidentified for 25 years as of yesterday.

Correction, it was yesterday, but you were close though!

I did a badly need revision of my reconstruction for Odessa DE Jane Doe.

My previous version was the first attempt that I had ever done of a reconstruction of a skull. I did a second version that wasn't much better.

But I have a much better handle on the software and my techniques, and I think this new version is much closer to what she looked like.

bc32a78f-57da-4646-ad07-18d07aacc246.jpg

(And keep in mind that this facial reconstruction is based on a photo of her skull, and a general description of her hairstyle. Details such as her overall look,and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

I know this is 4 years ago, but one tip CarlK, lips are approximated by the first 6 teeth. Here is a crude diagram of how to approximate lips (It is just a quick drawing) CDE369B6-BDE1-414B-9C44-D172C32BDB3A.jpeg

I was wondering if this could possibly be Patricia Loya of El Paso, TX?

Patricia Loya – The Charley Project

I remember as a teen, seeing missing posters of her in my high school.
In seeing so many cases being solved, I wondered if she had ever been found. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on her case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back