Dead Folks and Decomp *WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS IN OPENING POST*#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the bottle was on the outside and behind it. It was not protruding out of the bag. The bag was tied shut. I will try and find the photo.

ETA: IMO the huge stain in the trunk was the butyric acid since that is where it was scaped from. It was not a trace amount. Thanks...
That's what I thought.

Sorry, am I remembering wrong...was there something similar in color on the side of the As house?

I doubt many would do the test with there own car. A kitchen garbage bag full of contents sitting in a trunk in june for two weeks is going to reek up that whole car and it is not going to be easy to get rid of it. Not a good thing to do. I think if someone knows someone from a salvage yard, it might be worth a try to reenact it. There will be maggots everywhere. I don't even know if a salvage yard would allow this, it could destroy the interior. IMO

I can actually weigh in on this one. Back in college the dumpster in my apartment complex was near the office. I once threw a bag or two of trash in the trunk to dispose of them on my way out and forgot. Now....the smell is what alerted me to my error but after airing out the car (and I didn't even have to shampoo the rugs in the trunk) the smell went away. Just my own experience.

I am of the opinion that KC placed trash in the trunk in order to explain the odor. But I also recall that she attributed the odor to dead squirrels.

By the way.....maggots feed on food sources.....not car interiors.

I doubt many would do the test with there own car. A kitchen garbage bag full of contents sitting in a trunk in june for two weeks is going to reek up that whole car and it is not going to be easy to get rid of it. Not a good thing to do. I think if someone knows someone from a salvage yard, it might be worth a try to reenact it. There will be maggots everywhere. I don't even know if a salvage yard would allow this, it could destroy the interior. IMO
Last talk about garbage and decomp...maybe the defense will conduct the experiment to prove everyone wrong.

I bumped the trash bag thread for you, FYI.

I hope it is OK to post this photo here to show that the trash bag was in fact tied and that a bottle was not protruding out of the opening allowing odors into the bag.

oadlef.jpg

(Please delete if not appropriate for this thread.)

That's what I thought.

Sorry, am I remembering wrong...was there something similar in color on the side of the As house?

Wasn't it some kind of stained/dyed "red brick" colored mulch like they sell at home improvement stores?

I'm not so sure that is what was on the bags tho... just a similar color?

RR, I don't recall that...

Wasn't it some kind of stained/dyed "red brick" colored mulch like they sell at home improvement stores?

I'm not so sure that is what was on the bags tho... just a similar color?

I bumped "The Anthony Backyard" thread w/ a pic of the sideyard mulch FYI.

Hmmmmm....lemme see..."Dead Folks & Decomp..." :waitasec:

Folks...this should be a reference thread to educate people on human decomposition...not a discussion thread for items that already have their own threads. Please take up case discussion on the appropriate threads.

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member