Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #6

The link above gave me an error message saying "The page you are looking for in this blog does not exist."

Is anyone still interested in these drowning cases? Because it seems they are still happening, as Wisconsin has seen several young men go missing only to be found in bodies of water in the past year. Then there is Shane Montgomery, Ken Gruno, Paul Kochu, who also fit the overall theme of these drownings.

For me at least, this is one of the most significant, yet widely ignored cases in recent times. While I believe that some of the hundreds of drownings that have occurred over the past two decades could very well have been just accidents, nobody will ever convince me that for many of them, something more sinister is at play. What are the statistical odds that over such a short span of time, several young men matching the same physical description from the SAME geographical location just happen to "fall in" a body of water and drown?? Drunk or not, this is NOT a common thing--and if it is, why isn't happening all over the country? Why did it just start happening with such veracity around 1997? Why don't we hear about it in warmer climates where it would possibly make sense for young men to go near the water? Why is it concentrated during very specific months (Sept through April)? Why do many of the disappearances happen around the same date of each month? Why are their common themes among the names/locations etc...of the victim and where they were found? Why do some of the bodies not show up until weeks or months later, often in locations that were previously heavily searched? We know that at least two (sadly only two) were ruled homicides (Chris Jenkins and Patrick O'Neil) only after the parents got involved and put pressure on LE. Both disappeared under similar circumstances--the same circumstances that we have seen occur time and time again over the last several years.

I don't want to seem like I am rambling, but this case fascinates and saddens me. Something tells me that if there were college aged girls instead of guys, this case would be everywhere.

I guess my point is that these drownings are still happening and how anyone can believe--with all the coincidences--that they are just cases of young, healthy, athletic guys getting drunk and falling into water and drowning is beyond me.

I'm still interested and think more cases add to the mystery.

Does anyone feel that James Dyer, missing Portland Maine Jan. 1, 2016 (found in harbor) could be a victim of the Smiley Face killers?

Does anyone feel that James Dyer, missing Portland Maine Jan. 1, 2016 (found in harbor) could be a victim of the Smiley Face killers?

Hi EmmaRose. Glad to see someone on this thread recently. I will have to look up James Dyer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joey Labute disappeared from a bar in Columbus, OH while out with friends/family on March 4th; this is near where Brian Shaffer vanished from a different bar 10 years ago.

Also, recently:

David Breunig
Zachary Marr
Matt Labounty
Douglas Usseglio
John Watkins
Jim Dyer
Avery Danley
Scott McCafferty
Luke Gabbert

Are just a few of the young colleged aged guys who have gone missing this year and a a majority of them have been found in bodies of waters.

So, it still seems to be happening on quite a regular basis, which makes me wonder why this thread and the discussion about these deaths has been so damn quiet the last year or so.

Joey Labute disappeared from a bar in Columbus, OH while out with friends/family on March 4th; this is near where Brian Shaffer vanished from a different bar 10 years ago.

Also, recently:

David Breunig
Zachary Marr
Matt Labounty
Douglas Usseglio
John Watkins
Jim Dyer
Avery Danley
Scott McCafferty
Luke Gabbert

Are just a few of the young colleged aged guys who have gone missing this year and a a majority of them have been found in bodies of waters.

So, it still seems to be happening on quite a regular basis, which makes me wonder why this thread and the discussion about these deaths has been so damn quiet the last year or so.

Good job. It's good to see others that can put the pieces together. I have a list of over 200 similar cases already. It's been just about 20 years of this phenomenon.

Good job. It's good to see others that can put the pieces together. I have a list of over 200 similar cases already. It's been just about 20 years of this phenomenon.

Thanks. These disappearances and drownings fascinate, anger, and terrify me all at the same time. They fascinate me because so many, including LE, are quick to dismiss many of them as "accidental" and a result of alcohol when there are indications to suggest otherwise. They anger me for much of the same reason, but also because there is an obvious connection and distinct victim profile, but yet again, they are ruled accidental. They terrify me because I truly believe in many--not all---of these cases--something more sinister than simply falling into a body of water (which is sometimes and inches or feet deep) and drowning and whatever is happening has obviously been able to go on for decades now.

I'd really love to organize my thoughts on this cases, as I have read extensively about these drownings, but it just seems like a massive undertaking.

I will offer this:

If these are all accidents and it is so common apparently for young, athletic, good looking, intelligent mostly white men to get so drunk that they lose their sense of direction and fall into bodies of water, how come it wasn't happening in mass numbers before 1997 when it seems this truly started? Also, why isn't is happening in a much more widespread geographical area? There are cities all across the country that have bar districts/college campuses on bodies of water, yet these types of disappearances and drownings are happening in very specific geographical locations. Also, in all these cases (and you are correct, there are over 200 of them) are you trying to tell me that NOBODY witnessed these "drunk" guys stumbling into the river/lakes OR really witnessed them at all after they seem to vanish, despite many of these disappearances happening in major downtown areas?

Also,
*Many of the victims were not even drunk at the time of their disappearance
*Often time cell phones, wallets, or other personal property is found in the opposite direction of where the body is located. Cell phones particular seem to go missing, and many victims made calls right the night they disappeared, a few stating they were being followed and/or lost.
*Bodies often appear in bodies of water/areas that were searched thoroughly already. In many cases, they body was not in the water as long as the person was missing according to LE.
*There are often connections between victims with names, locations, etc...
*We know that a few textbook examples of these disappearances (Patrick McNeil, Chris Jenkins, Todd Geib for example) WERE ruled homicides or non-accidental drownings ONLY after parents pressured LE and/or hired their own investigators.

While I do know if I buy the Smiley Face Killer theory, I do believe something sinister is going on in many of these cases. After reading about and researching over a hundred of these cases and seeing the connections come crystal clear, I will never just buy that ALL these are young guys getting drunk and accidentally drowning.

Also, recently:

David Breunig
Zachary Marr
Matt Labounty
Douglas Usseglio
John Watkins
Jim Dyer
Avery Danley
Scott McCafferty
Luke Gabbert

Also,

Matthew Stoner, Lycoming County, PA was last seen on February 7 2016 with his girlfriend and a group of friends celebrating at a bar in downtown Williamsport. Family members say he had a little too much to drink, and after stepping out for some air, was not let back into the bar. His body was found in the Susquehanna River.

Keifer Huhman, 21, Dover Air Force Base, Dover, 7 February 2016 was supposed to meet friends for a Superbowl party but didn't show. His truck was towed by the Delaware State Police from the shoulder of the William V. Roth, Jr. Bridge after breaking down. Keifer "fell" off the
C&D bridge into the canal.

Thanks. These disappearances and drownings fascinate, anger, and terrify me all at the same time. They fascinate me because so many, including LE, are quick to dismiss many of them as "accidental" and a result of alcohol when there are indications to suggest otherwise. They anger me for much of the same reason, but also because there is an obvious connection and distinct victim profile, but yet again, they are ruled accidental. They terrify me because I truly believe in many--not all---of these cases--something more sinister than simply falling into a body of water (which is sometimes and inches or feet deep) and drowning and whatever is happening has obviously been able to go on for decades now.

I'd really love to organize my thoughts on this cases, as I have read extensively about these drownings, but it just seems like a massive undertaking.

I will offer this:

If these are all accidents and it is so common apparently for young, athletic, good looking, intelligent mostly white men to get so drunk that they lose their sense of direction and fall into bodies of water, how come it wasn't happening in mass numbers before 1997 when it seems this truly started? Also, why isn't is happening in a much more widespread geographical area? There are cities all across the country that have bar districts/college campuses on bodies of water, yet these types of disappearances and drownings are happening in very specific geographical locations. Also, in all these cases (and you are correct, there are over 200 of them) are you trying to tell me that NOBODY witnessed these "drunk" guys stumbling into the river/lakes OR really witnessed them at all after they seem to vanish, despite many of these disappearances happening in major downtown areas?

Also,
*Many of the victims were not even drunk at the time of their disappearance
*Often time cell phones, wallets, or other personal property is found in the opposite direction of where the body is located. Cell phones particular seem to go missing, and many victims made calls right the night they disappeared, a few stating they were being followed and/or lost.
*Bodies often appear in bodies of water/areas that were searched thoroughly already. In many cases, they body was not in the water as long as the person was missing according to LE.
*There are often connections between victims with names, locations, etc...
*We know that a few textbook examples of these disappearances (Patrick McNeil, Chris Jenkins, Todd Geib for example) WERE ruled homicides or non-accidental drownings ONLY after parents pressured LE and/or hired their own investigators.

While I do know if I buy the Smiley Face Killer theory, I do believe something sinister is going on in many of these cases. After reading about and researching over a hundred of these cases and seeing the connections come crystal clear, I will never just buy that ALL these are young guys getting drunk and accidentally drowning.
Well said, I agree completely. Unfortunately I fear that we may never know the real truth about these cases... there's just something too sinister, too evil for words about it. And of course some of them probably died accidentally but there is no way that all of them did. There is a definite pattern and there is definitely something nefarious going on here... chilling and frustrating at the same time. When will we get answers?

Also, recently:

David Breunig
Zachary Marr
Matt Labounty
Douglas Usseglio
John Watkins
Jim Dyer
Avery Danley
Scott McCafferty
Luke Gabbert

Are there threads yet here for each of these possible victims? Was hoping to read a bit more about each one...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back