Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to the forum, but have browsed as a guest before.

That said, the Hailey Dunn story has never crossed my path until now. It is stunning. And I have been sitting here reading back on what happened, watching videos. Keeping my lips zipped while patiently following the timeline here before saying anything that likely has no bearing. But honestly, I am so beyond heartbroken for her family and friends and this very tragic loss. Hailey is a beautiful little girl.

I truly believe there will be justice for her. I'm still catching up on the investigation (currently browsing through January 2011).

Just so heartbreaking.
Rest in peace sweet, beautiful Hailey.

:Welcome1:SilverGirl

It's nice you joined in for Hailey. :greetings:

I should probably remove myself from this thread because my posts today are reflective of me doing just that, giving her the benefit of the doubt.

As much as I can spare given the circumstances of this case.

happy sleuthing friends.

Rest up and recharge because we need your insight!

Here's another look at the difference between Lake JB Thomas in October 2008 and November 2012. I noticed a reference marker on the Google Maps and have highlighted it with a red arrow. Compare the lake level in 2008 with late 2012. Those of us who are local know that the worst of the drought did not start until around 2010, so the lake would not have lost that much water between 2008 to 2010. The past two years have been so dry, that some lakes have dried up altogether, and many communities have been left wondering where they were going to get their water supply and have been on water restrictions.

It is conceivable that SA dumped Hailey's body in the lake water, just at the edge of the lake. Someone mentioned her body floating to the top, but that only happens as the body releases gases that cause bloating. When decomposition sets in, those gases are expelled from the body, and the body sinks again. That's why lakes, ponds and rivers are dredged for bodies when someone is missing. Unfortunately, Lake JB Thomas was not searched thoroughly, and certainly not during the short time that Hailey's body would have resurfaced.

It could be that Hailey's body resurfaced, or was only partially covered by water and/or mud, and when it became visible, it attracted wild animals who scattered her remains.

Interestingly enough, Hailey's remains were found very close to where the Google reference point is shown on the map. We don't know the exact location of where she was found, but it was in that basic area. You can see how the water has receded from where Hailey would have been placed in Dec 2010 until now. When Hailey disappeared, we did not know we would have an extended drought during the next 28 months that continues to this day. Neither did her killer.

That loose tooth, I don't know if that's common when the skull is intact.
I wonder how that tooth came loose. I pray there's enough evidence for an arrest.
Read elsewhere that it could be a Death Penalty case.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-...ins/-/14769632/19629578/-/7741pa/-/index.html

"What they reported finding is all I saw, which was a skull, a femur and I believe
a loose tooth," Lloyd said.

Here late. Is there any news on Billy or Clint. Any statments from either of them. tia

I would call it an "epiphanot".
Perhaps she needed to get away from him to be able to see
what was going on more clearly.

Here's another look at the difference between Lake JB Thomas in October 2008 and November 2012. I noticed a reference marker on the Google Maps and have highlighted it with a red arrow. Compare the lake level in 2008 with late 2012. Those of us who are local know that the worst of the drought did not start until around 2010, so the lake would not have lost that much water between 2008 to 2010. The past two years have been so dry, that some lakes have dried up altogether, and many communities have been left wondering where they were going to get their water supply and have been on water restrictions.

It is conceivable that SA dumped Hailey's body in the lake water, just at the edge of the lake. Someone mentioned her body floating to the top, but that only happens as the body releases gases that cause bloating. When decomposition sets in, those gases are expelled from the body, and the body sinks again. That's why lakes, ponds and rivers are dredged for bodies when someone is missing. Unfortunately, Lake JB Thomas was not searched thoroughly, and certainly not during the short time that Hailey's body would have resurfaced.

It could be that Hailey's body resurfaced, or was only partially covered by water and/or mud, and when it became visible, it attracted wild animals who scattered her remains.

Interestingly enough, Hailey's remains were found very close to where the Google reference point is shown on the map. We don't know the exact location of where she was found, but it was in that basic area. You can see how the water has receded from where Hailey would have been placed in Dec 2010 until now. When Hailey disappeared, we did not know we would have an extended drought during the next 28 months that continues to this day. Neither did her killer.
Not long ago ,I was wondering if Mother Nature was not giving us rains so Hailey could be found. Now maybe the rains will come and turn the dry ugly place where she was found into a beautiful green pasture again.
BD made the statement once as to why are the searchers looking for my baby in those ugly fields and brush ? Was she hinting about Haileys location ? JMO

I would call it an "epiphanot".
Perhaps she needed to get away from him to be able to see
what was going on more clearly.

Or she decided she no longer needed/wanted him and figured what better way to get him out of her life for good than to tell what she knows.

In the interest of full disclosure, I clearly don't like or trust her. I have a heard time being charitable towards her because at the very least she brought the monster into her daughter's life. Bad parenting is the one thing that will turn me into a very harsh and unrepentant critic. I make no apologies for judging the majority of the adults in this angel's life and finding them sadly lacking.

My big concerns with Billie stems from her often flat affect, I find her expressions of "sadness" underwhelming and her anger is steel and fast, and the worst of it I've heard reserved for allegations about Shawn's loyalty, the best she drums up for Hailey, whom's name she avoids uttering, is anger that Hailey was hers and Clints and so not to be taken away. But then to be frank I was so very wrong about Sierra LaMar's mother also, some people are just chronically quirky in their demeanour despite what we'd expect in times of extreme duress.

TBH, I find Shawn's demeanour less red flaggy but he may just be way better at hiding stuff, certainly his actions around Hailey's disappearance and his proclivities are not reassuring in the slightest.

The whole story, told by them both, reeks of lies.

I haven't posted in Hailey's thread before but since joining almost a year ago, I would check in daily to see if there was any news.

I am heartbroken to see this news :( R.I.P. Hailey, you can now finally be at peace.
And May Justice prevail. I have every amount of faith that it will and whoever is responsible, gets what they deserve.

"There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world." - And a big imprint you sure left on everyone here beautiful girl.

Godspeed, Hailey. :rose:

08b1d947981511723039cfb9bd97efb5_zpse8be11e8.jpg

That is sweet, it brought tears....poor Hailey, she tried so hard to be a normal girl but she was stuck in a viper pit.
I haven't posted in Hailey's thread before but since joining almost a year ago, I would check in daily to see if there was any news.

I am heartbroken to see this news :( R.I.P. Hailey, you can now finally be at peace.
And May Justice prevail. I have every amount of faith that it will and whoever is responsible, gets what they deserve.

"There is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world." - And a big imprint you sure left on everyone here beautiful girl.

Godspeed, Hailey. :rose:

08b1d947981511723039cfb9bd97efb5_zpse8be11e8.jpg

That loose tooth, I don't know if that's common when the skull is intact.
I wonder how that tooth came loose. I pray there's enough evidence for an arrest.
Read elsewhere that it could be a Death Penalty case.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-...ins/-/14769632/19629578/-/7741pa/-/index.html

"What they reported finding is all I saw, which was a skull, a femur and I believe
a loose tooth," Lloyd said.

I think it may happen quite a lot that teeth come loose when the jaws skeletonize and the soft tissues decompose.

At least, I'm no expert, but in the dental records of the NAMUS unidentified deceased files it's a common occurrence to have them list a number of teeth that are lost post mortem. Probably more so if the remains are scattered like Hailey's were reported to be.

I've been so wrapped up with the Jodi Arias case that I hadn't noticed this news until now. I hope that whoever is responsible for Hailey's unfortunate and untimely passing will eventually be brought to justice. Thoughts and prayers for those who loved and cared about Hailey Dunn. :rose:

I didn't even know what was going on with the JA case until my mom told me after I told her the news about Hailey. It's nice to see more people on this forum. xo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500