Defending against an intruder

I am so very sorry for your loss. Do you think that spending time on this case and writing your book helps you to get through your grief?

Back to the sweater on the bed......if PR didn't wear the sweater to the Whites, but at one point thought that she did...until she saw photo's of herself at the Whites. I wonder how it got there and when?

Thank you for your support. I honestly don't think one relates to the other. I spent time on this case for a long time, and I've been thinking about writing it for two years, but never had the right inspiration. But now I have inspiration and time. But to be honest, I always cope with problems by doing things. Something is always better than nothing.

It's weird, you know? Watching Mum lying in that bed, drugged to numb the pain, unable to speak to me or my brother or my sister-in-law, I'd never seen anything like that. Afterwards, I wondered how it must have been for Burke watching the same thing happen to his mom. Even weirder...PR died on June 24th. My dad's birthday. And she was the same age he was when he died. I make no secret: when PR died I was devastated. Maybe I shouldn't have been, but I was.

What we know is PR wore black slacks and a red turtleneck to the party and was wearing the same outfit when the cops arrived.

Thank you for your support. I honestly don't think one relates to the other. I spent time on this case for a long time, and I've been thinking about writing it for two years, but never had the right inspiration. But now I have inspiration and time. But to be honest, I always cope with problems by doing things. Something is always better than nothing.

It's weird, you know? Watching Mum lying in that bed, drugged to numb the pain, unable to speak to me or my brother or my sister-in-law, I'd never seen anything like that. Afterwards, I wondered how it must have been for Burke watching the same thing happen to his mom. Even weirder...PR died on June 24th. My dad's birthday. And she was the same age he was when he died. I make no secret: when PR died I was devastated. Maybe I shouldn't have been, but I was.

What we know is PR wore black slacks and a red turtleneck to the party and was wearing the same outfit when the cops arrived.

Its all very sad. It makes you wonder and question why, why? I know that you have said that you were devastated when PR died. Why did you feel that way?

Again to the case....then PR didn't have on a jacket or sweater over top of the turtle neck that morning? I am not sure why, but I find the Christmas sweater on JBR's bed very strange.

Its all very sad. It makes you wonder and question why, why? I know that you have said that you were devastated when PR died. Why did you feel that way?

Again to the case....then PR didn't have on a jacket or sweater over top of the turtle neck that morning? I am not sure why, but I find the Christmas sweater on JBR's bed very strange.

Why did I feel that way? I ask myself that question all the time. I guess because, despite everything, she was a nice girl at heart whose demons got the better of her, demons that she never asked for.

The turtleneck was a sweater.

Despite the favored position RDI has, it is floundering while IDI is doing well. IDI now has an implied endorsement of LE. This is because there has been no 'official' rebuttal by CBI, FBI, or any other agency to the DA's letter.

Very poor reaonsing. There is no implied endorsement. There wouldn't be a rebuttal letter from the FBI or CBI -it's not their job to rebut the local DA. It might be more telling to poll the Boulder police to see what they think.

Any IDI scenario is going to be closer to the truth, no matter what it is. I don't have to see a DNA match to be convinced an intruder did it.

You're entitled to your opinion, but there is simply no basis for saying that any IDI scenario will be closer to the truth. Most of us will want to know who the DNA came from and how it got there before we decide that an intruder did it.

Getting back to the case.......I also noticed in the June 98 interview that JR identified a sweater at the foot of Jonbenet's bed as being Patsy's Christmas sweater. Anyone remember that and why it was there?
My guess is that it's the sweater Patsy loaned to Arianna to wear at the Dec 23 Christmas party. After the party Arianna changed back to what she was wearing and left the sweater on the bed.

-Tea

Despite the favored position RDI has, it is floundering while IDI is doing well. IDI now has an implied endorsement of LE. This is because there has been no 'official' rebuttal by CBI, FBI, or any other agency to the DA's letter.

Very poor reaonsing. There is no implied endorsement. There wouldn't be a rebuttal letter from the FBI or CBI -it's not their job to rebut the local DA. It might be more telling to poll the Boulder police to see what they think.

Any IDI scenario is going to be closer to the truth, no matter what it is. I don't have to see a DNA match to be convinced an intruder did it.

You're entitled to your opinion, but there is simply no basis for saying that any IDI scenario will be closer to the truth. Most of us will want to know who the DNA came from and how it got there before we decide that an intruder did it.

Yes there is a basis, I'm sorry it may have escaped your perception. The basis is the unknown male DNA found in three (3) separate locations, that professionals close to the investigation believe could not have been placed there under innocent circumstances.

I hate to break it to you, but IDI is the leading theory right now. What has been reported has not been challenged.

That "basis" might carry more weight if the "professionals" weren't all dyed-in-the-wool Ramsey buddies, Holdon.

My guess is that it's the sweater Patsy loaned to Arianna to wear at the Dec 23 Christmas party. After the party Arianna changed back to what she was wearing and left the sweater on the bed.

-Tea

Hey Tea...
Didn't Patsy claim to not know where the sweater came from? I can't remember...I need to go back and check the interview. It seems like Patsy denied owning it, or knowing where it came from...but, John said that it was Patsy's. If your guess is correct, then the sweater was placed there on the bed two days before JB died...and never touched again. I can't sleep if I have things thrown on my bed, whether it be a sweater...a pair of pants, whatever the case may be. And it would just prove exactly how messy of a housekeeper Patsy really was.

Holdon,

Who are you expecting to challenge Lacy? It's not the job of the FBI or any other agency. You're assuming silence means agreement. It doesn't.

That "basis" might carry more weight if the "professionals" weren't all dyed-in-the-wool Ramsey buddies, Holdon.

That sounds like the same line of reasoning where RDI was claiming that LE and the DA was 'keeping quiet' because of laws involving minors (remember BDI, a ridiculous theory that went out when JMK came in?).

Or, could be the same line of reasoning where LE and the DA and local government were all 'in it together' because the R's had 'that kind of clout'.

It sounds a little paranoid. If they really thought PR did it, she would have been arrested. There's no 'buddy system', SD. You're imagining something that isn't there.

That sounds like the same line of reasoning where RDI was claiming that LE and the DA was 'keeping quiet' because of laws involving minors (remember BDI, a ridiculous theory that went out when JMK came in?).

Hey, don't crowd me with that crowd. I've made it very clear BR was never involved.

Or, could be the same line of reasoning where LE and the DA and local government were all 'in it together' because the R's had 'that kind of clout'.

They weren't "in it," as you put it, but it's not a big secret that Mary lacy decided they were innocent before she ever saw any evidence (which included an incident where she chastised Tom Haney, an investigator with infinitely more homicide experience than she had [has] for being "too tough" on PR), or that she's hired only people who agree with her and has deliberately cut the original investigators out of the picture, OR that she's a lame-duck politician who needs to salvage her legacy in the wake of the JMK debacle.

It sounds a little paranoid.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you! LOL. In all seriousness, I call it realistic.

If they really thought PR did it, she would have been arrested.

Are you kidding? The police WANTED to arrest her! The FBI told them to arrest her. The "Dream Team" lawyers told them to arrest her. That's not a secret either. The DA just wouldn't go for it because they could never prove which one actually killed her and which one just helped cover it up. Don't, I repeat, DO NOT take my word for any of that. Read "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" or ST's book, which I recommend everyone interested in this case do.

There's no 'buddy system', SD.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not alleging any conspiracy. I'm saying that the DA has taken it upon herself to validate an early opinion she made in this case and has never budged from. And she is proud of how friendly she is with the family. How many DA's do you know who attend the prime suspect's funeral? And on their own dime, no less?

You're imagining something that isn't there.

I'm not imagining jack. I can see it right in front of me, Holdon. I can't not see what my eyes see. I do my best to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brain falls out.

-Tea

I think you're right, Tea. I recall reading that when housekeeper LHP and her daughter were there on Dec. 23 helping set up for the R Christmas Party, they didn't plan to stay through the actual party. PR suggested they stay so Ariana could see Santa. Ariana didn't have appropriate "Christmassy" (an adjective PR liked to use) so PR lent her one of her own holiday sweaters. Ariana was older than JBR and wouldn't have fit in any of her clothes.

It sounds a little paranoid. If they really thought PR did it, she would have been arrested. There's no 'buddy system', SD. You're imagining something that isn't there.

You are not serious?!? You are not seeing what was in plain sight

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back