Defending Misty on Jan 10, 2011 in Putnam County

I think if her attorney goes down the same old tried road again of trying to blame everyone else but Misty... it will be as disastrous as it was with the first Judge. And I can't see a Judge even allowing it in or ruling it relevant to her multiple drug trafficking charges.

If the defense attorney tried to open that "poor pitiful me" door then imo the DA is going to put Agent Smith back on the stand and he will reveal even more damaging information about Misty being the kingpin in the drug dealings and manipulated by no one.

The ones that knows for sure she was the kingpin is the ones who investigated the drug trafficking and they know she WAS the leader. Doesn't matter what age Misty happened to be. IMO, she had been doing this a long time and finally got caught. Kids younger than she is are raping and committing premeditated murders. Age means nothing.

IMO
color & bbm

As far as Misty's defense and what's been said about her, I guess I take issue with the whole kingpin notion.

She's 18 now, so how long could she have been doing it ? (as compared to, oh... let's say... Ronald, for example.)

Also, I'd think that rape and murder committed by young offenders generally do not involve working one's way up a ladder of command. Generally, it seems to me, these young offenders commit one or more independent acts which strike me as having a different connotation than an ongoing drug scene with the continuing, progressive exchange of funds and "products." There're the issues procurement, distribution, yadda yadaa. It seems multi-level - and in that regard - dissimilar in nature than a (generally) one time act of violence (as compared to a minor committing rape, murder - in your example)

Imo, the drug dealing thing must be like a web of sorts, as in not just any Joe Schmoe can waltz in and become immediately ensconced as a trusted member of a cartel. It seems it would take time.

I think age does put a limit on what a "kingpin" is able to do at certain ages. And for individuals of young ages (and any age in some cases) perhaps gender, (maybe to a lesser degree than age,) matters too imo.

For example, I admit that IDK but I would imagine that one does not enter the world of drug dealing/selling as an immediate, automatic, elevated "kingpin." It seems even dealers have standards, for lack of a better word, or a pecking order or some strata or ranks-of-sort that one would have to move up through, since part of that culture is proving your cred and making people able to trust you; bc one wrong move and it's good night nurse.

So if we use a 5 year time frame just as an example, and we use, for comparison purposes, Misty and Ron; Five years ago Misty was 13. Ronald was 22. No, wait his birthday is in 6 days; So Heaven forbid I should make him older than he is for my nefarious illustrations. OK so Ron would be 21.. (22 in 6 days,) if we are looking at 5 years ago.

Not many 13 year olds can drive; and those who can would need easy, frequent access to a vehicle and even then bebopping around town DRIVING at 13 can draw the eye of officers.

Misty looked like a child at 17 so I can only envision her at 13. Maybe Im way off base, but dont kingpins need a reliable mode of transportation to get around? If not, where do they put their stash?

In a big ole purse?

In pottery animals like a Zuna Maracopa bird that represents a beloved Zuni folk tale? Does one put one's weed/slash/pills in there?

Or a Katchina doll? Does one carry it around on the pretense of extolling its importance in the religious life of the ancient Pueblo people while, in actuality, one is stashing one's weed in there?

Somebody stop me.

Or perhaps a Pafue funeral mask?

(Dont be absurd, kant; if one puts one's pills in there, one can't get them out)

Oops better call customer service: "I'm a 13 yr old kingpin and I dont have a ride to transport my drugs and cant get my pills out of my Pafue funeral mask!"

Oh wait, but that logic is predicated that she was a kingpin at 13.

So how long does one have to wheel and deal to work one's way up the kingpin ladder?

Also, a child roaming around on foot at night or during school hours is, again, a red flag for other law-abiding adults or any officer who would likely take notice and throw a kink in that 13 year-old's beh-ness and that 13 year-old's aspirations for kingpin-dom

Additionally, a 13 year old female has the added risk of being a walking target for rape, kidnapping etc if she's roaming about, seeking to climb the kingpin ladder, doing whoever's bidding. I mean ... as compared to a 21 year old male....for example.

I guess what I'm saying is that, to me, age does mean something.

It seems there are logistics (that take time) involved in working up to kingpin rather than someone just being annointed "kingpin" in a willy-nilly, tag-you're-it fashion -- unless there are just certain individuals born into kingpin-dom like the royal family of the British Monarchy. Or perhaps such kingpin-dom exists in which being of a very young age doesn't make one ineligible to hold the position... like as in the case of a prince known as Tutankhaten who ascended to the throne in 1333 BC, at the age of nine, taking the reign name of Tutankhamun.

(King Tut - and dont encourage me to sing the Steve Martin rendition replete with little Tut dance bc I'll so do it)

(Forgive me, but without a touch of levity now and then I'd be certifiable and grief-striken 24/7)

The link image it is too much, pops up too large, for the tone of the thread; but if you feel sad and the frustration is getting to you, you can go to

Hulu.com and enter search Satuday Night Live: King Tut.
(It's 3:02 mins long and it is a hoot if you can sit thru 2 annoying, but very short, commercials)

(".... Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia... Born in Arizona, Got a condo made of stone-ah")

In closing, to me, age does matter bc I assume it takes time to work one's way up the echelon and for a very young person, particularly a female, imo there would be clear disadvantages that an older male may not encounter at all; or if these obstacles were indeed encountered, an older male (in this particular comparison example, I mean) would be better able to survive/overcome/cope/deal with them. (physically stronger, older, less suspicious in moving about as in driving, truancy, ) I'll stop there.

Sorry for the long post; but if Misty is a kingpin, I am Mary Queen of Scots.

And PS
As a child, one can get beat up on a regular basis for referring to oneself as, "one." :)

jus sayin

moo

(and props to RS & PH)

The Judge would have to allow evidence of Misty's emotional/psychological abuse as mitigating factors.

During Hope's sentencing, Judge "LaRue said the youthful offender statute is for young people who are pressured or led astray by peers."

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ories+(Jacksonville.com:+Most+Popular+Stories)

IMO, that statement clearly shows that one of the intents of the YO is for those youth who are used by older criminals to do their dirty work so the "older criminal" can avoid going to prison.

Mitigating does not mean she is blameless and has no responsibility. It does mean that there are other factors to consider that should reduce the penalty with her offense.

IMO, Misty may talk the talk but she does not walk the walk. There is absolutely no way that Misty was the ringleader in the drug deals. The " ring leader" or "mastermind" is the one who takes the least amount of risk. The have minions to take the risks. Those minions are usually younger teens/kids with no priors. Because for the ring leader, it is about making money and avoiding jail. The person who sets up the deal has a bigger chance of getting arrested. The person who picks up the drugs has a bigger chance of getting arrested. The only reason the ring leader has minimal contact with the drugs instead of no contact is because they do not trust their minions with the money from the sell of the drugs.

IMO, watch the video. Ron had minimal contact with the actual sell of the drugs until it was time to collect the money.

But she wasn't in Hope's position, imo. Agent Smith said she was the main dealer. He didn't say she was just the runner. So imo trying to say she was led astray just isn't going to work. And how can she even be eligible for YO now when she is already a convicted drug trafficker?

Was Misty at all the drug transactions? If she was and Ron wasnt there for some of them then that shows Ron wasnt the main one but she was.

I have no reason to disbelieve Agent Smith when he testified that Misty was the kingpin. He would certainly know and it seems if blaming someone else would have worked then Misty's attorney would have tried this route the first go around when he and Misty lost miserably. Now she is a convicted felon.

IMO

Kant, I won't copy your very interesting post in order to save bandwith.

I believe Misty lived in the perfect or shall I saw imperfect environment to hone up her skills on becoming a drug seller/buyer very early on in her life. She had druggies for parents and I am sure their friends and maybe other family members also had drug problems and had illegal drug connections.

Actually some teens have done other crimes until it escalates into rape or murder.

I still think age doesn't have anything to do with being able to be a drug dealer or the main kingpin. It has to do with who they have been around for years and iirc Misty had gone with older men, even older than Ron, that had drug convictions. And the 28 year old man and the 32 year old man are just two that we know about. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more in her life. I think Misty grew up around drugs and knew 'the score' years ago.

Young teens don't have to drive. They can sell it on a street corner or they can know someone who does drive. Teens are selling drugs right in our schools. So they can and do find a way.

I can only go by what an Agent testifies to under oath. I have no reason to disbelieve him. He and his investigators are the ones that really knows what they had on Misty. If her case had gone to trial I would think we would have learn more in depth information on just what all Misty was doing.

IMO

BBMs by me.

I think if her attorney goes down the same old tried road again of trying to blame everyone else but Misty... it will be as disastrous as it was with the first Judge. And I can't see a Judge even allowing it in or ruling it relevant to her multiple drug trafficking charges.

If the defense attorney tried to open that "poor pitiful me" door then imo the DA is going to put Agent Smith back on the stand and he will reveal even more damaging information about Misty being the kingpin in the drug dealings and manipulated by no one.

The ones that knows for sure she was the kingpin is the ones who investigated the drug trafficking and they know she WAS the leader. Doesn't matter what age Misty happened to be. IMO, she had been doing this a long time and finally got caught. Kids younger than she is are raping and committing premeditated murders. Age means nothing.

IMO

I have to comment here, because, IMO, age means everything. Actually, not just IMO. It's the law. Developmentally, cognitively, educationally, legally, morally, consensually, practically, proprietarally, ethically. And in Misty's society (this day and age, her residence, state, this country) the age of majority is 18. At 21 we can vote on the law, but at 18 we will be held to it.

http://minors.uslegal.com/age-of-majority/florida-age-of-majority-law/

The age of majority is the threshold of adulthood in law. It is the chronological moment when a child legally ceases to be considered a minor. After attaining the age of majority, a person assumes control over their persons, actions and decisions. S/he terminates the legal control and legal responsibilities of parents or guardian. The age of majority is a legally fixed age, concept or statutory principle, which may differ depending on the jurisdiction. The age of majority may not necessarily correspond to actual mental or physical maturity of an individual.

http://minors.uslegal.com/age-of-majority/

Minors – Age of Majority – Florida Removal of disabilities of married minors. The disability of nonage of a minor who is married or has been married or subsequently becomes married, including one whose marriage is dissolved, or who is widowed, or widowered, is removed. The minor may assume the management of his or her estate, contract and be contracted with, sue and be sued, and perform all acts that he or she could do if not a minor. Title XLIII, Chap. 743, §743.01 Rights, privileges, and obligations of persons 18 years of age or older. (1) The disability of nonage is hereby removed for all persons in this state who are 18 years of age or older, and they shall enjoy and suffer the rights, privileges, and obligations of all persons 21 years of age or older except as otherwise excluded by the State Constitution immediately preceding the effective date of this section and except as otherwise provided in the Beverage Law. (2) This section shall not prohibit any court of competent jurisdiction from requiring support for a dependent person beyond the age of 18 years when such dependency is because of a mental or physical incapacity which began prior to such person reaching majority or if the person is dependent in fact, is between the ages of 18 and 19, and is still in high school, performing in good faith with a reasonable expectation of graduation before the age of 19. (3) This section shall operate prospectively and not retrospectively, and shall not affect the rights and obligations existing prior to July 1, 1973. Title XLIII, Chap. 743, §743.07 Age of Majority 18 (§743.07 Emancipation If legal marriage occurs (§743.01); upon petition if 16 or older (§743.015) Contracts May contract for higher education financing if 16 or over (§743.05); may contract generally if married (§743.01) Ability to Sue By next friend or court appointed guardian (RCP §1.210(b)) Consent to Medical Treatment If emergency (§743.064)

Finally, I'll not buy that Misty is some sort of drug Kingpin :Crown: :rolling: (always sets me a giggling - that leap regarding Misty's drug world royalty) that unless and until we can read a complete transcript of the testimony of the Agent at Misty's sentencing hearing, (maybe we do have it here somewhere and I missed it - that's entirely possible - and if so slap me for slackin' and point me where to look at it please :)), we are relying on media quotes and sound bites that are not contextual and not cross-examined.

Logic tells me that Misty was, in all likelihood, a naughty little minx, neglected, abused, unloved, damaged, learning-disabled, undereducated, emotionally immature and somehow hopelessly in love with her ex-husband drug boy Ron (her own words, his own words), and they were both just caught doing what they do best, and what the agents knew they were doing all along.

The Special Agents waited until Misty was 18 so they could toss them all in the slammer and play Haleigh chess with their drug charges ... if nothing else could be done to get to the truth of Haleigh ... this was a meticulously planned LS sting as one last resort way to get the job done.

Anyway you slice it, the time Misty is serving is about Haleigh, IMO. And she spoke the truth when she said if it weren't for what happened to Haleigh, she'd still be out minxing around PC like so many of her fine fast friends (NayNay, Amber)...

(which reminds me, how lucky Nay must feel to have escaped drug sting car rides when she spent time with Misty ...) and (gee...do ya think...NayNay blew in Misty & Tommy & Ron (re drugs) at some point last summer?):waitasec:

BBMs by me.

I have to comment here, because, IMO, age means everything. Actually, not just IMO. It's the law. Developmentally, cognitively, educationally, legally, morally, consensually, practically, proprietarally, ethically. And in Misty's society (this day and age, her residence, state, this country) the age of majority is 18. At 21 we can vote on the law, but at 18 we will be held to it.

http://minors.uslegal.com/age-of-majority/florida-age-of-majority-law/

http://minors.uslegal.com/age-of-majority/

Finally, I'll not buy that Misty is some sort of drug Kingpin :Crown: :rolling: (always sets me a giggling - that leap regarding Misty's drug world royalty) that unless and until we can read a complete transcript of the testimony of the Agent at Misty's sentencing hearing, (maybe we do have it here somewhere and I missed it - that's entirely possible - and if so slap me for slackin' and point me where to look at it please :)), we are relying on media quotes and sound bites that are not contextual and not cross-examined.

Logic tells me that Misty was, in all likelihood, a naughty little minx, neglected, abused, unloved, damaged, learning-disabled, undereducated, emotionally immature and somehow hopelessly in love with her ex-husband drug boy Ron (her own words, his own words), and they were both just caught doing what they do best, and what the agents knew they were doing all along.

The Special Agents waited until Misty was 18 so they could toss them all in the slammer and play Haleigh chess with their drug charges ... if nothing else could be done to get to the truth of Haleigh ... this was a meticulously planned LS sting as one last resort way to get the job done.

Anyway you slice it, the time Misty is serving is about Haleigh, IMO. And she spoke the truth when she said if it weren't for what happened to Haleigh, she'd still be out minxing around PC like so many of her fine fast friends (NayNay, Amber)...

(which reminds me, how lucky Nay must feel to have escaped drug sting car rides when she spent time with Misty ...) and (gee...do ya think...NayNay blew in Misty & Tommy & Ron (re drugs) at some point last summer?):waitasec:

BBM

Emma, I agree with your post..LE had been trying to get to Ron and Misty for some time...The undercover operation was just another tactic used to put the pressure on Misty and Ron...The fact that they waited for Misty to turn 18...tells me that they wanted to make sure that they were able to put Misty in a situation that she could not wiggle out of...her and Ron...One question that I have though...if they would've busted Misty before she turned 18, what type of punishment would she face then?

When Misty went to court..LE may have wanted to portray Misty as a "ringleader" (that is just too funny!)...so the judge would not go light on her..They were trying to get the stiffest penalty for Misty (imo, hoping it would make her talk)....of course LE wasn't going to go to court and say that Misty was being led by someone else...:waitasec: or that she was just mixed up with the wrong people. They wanted Misty to appear like she was the "ringleader" so the judge would show her no mercy...and IMO, that's exactly what happened...job well done...IMO, LE didn't want Misty getting out no time soon...They needed her to talk...a six year sentence may not have worked to get her to talk....but that 25 year sentence...slapped Misty right in the face...a reality check for sure..IMO, by any means LE did what they thought was necessary to get the stiffest penalty for Misty...including naming her the "ring leader".

JMO of course

The Judge would have to allow evidence of Misty's emotional/psychological abuse as mitigating factors.

During Hope's sentencing, Judge "LaRue said the youthful offender statute is for young people who are pressured or led astray by peers."

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ories+(Jacksonville.com:+Most+Popular+Stories)

IMO, that statement clearly shows that one of the intents of the YO is for those youth who are used by older criminals to do their ditry work so the "older criminal" can avoid going to prison.

Mitigating does not mean she is blameless and has no responsibility. It does mean that there are other factors to consider that should reduce the penalty with her offense.

IMO, Misty may talk the talk but she does not walk the walk. There is absolutely no way that Misty was the ringleader in the drug deals. The " ring leader" or "mastermind" is the one who takes the least amount of risk. The have minions to take the risks. Those minions are usually younger teens/kids with no priors. Because for the ring leader, it is about making money and avoiding jail. The person who sets up the deal has a bigger chance of getting arrested. The person who picks up the drugs has a bigger chance of getting arrested. The only reason the ring leader has minimal contact with the drugs instead of no contact is because they do not trust their minions with the money from the sell of the drugs.

IMO, watch the video. Ron had minimal contact with the actual sell of the drugs until it was time to collect the money.

BBM

This is absolutely right, 1Chump...the ringleader is not going to take those risks...they prefer to stay behind the scenes...and IMO, that's what Ron tried to do...so LE waited...and waited...until Ron showed his face....and just because Misty was in all the drug transactions doesn't make her the ringleader...there was someone working behind the scenes...and IMO, LE knew it was Ron....IF LE only wanted Misty...they could've captured her long before Ron came in the picture...and held her on enough charges...LE wanted Ron too...IMO, had Ron showed his face in the earlier drug transactions, LE's undercover operation would not have lasted very long...just like Teresa and some others here, want us to believe that Misty drug Ron into this :waitasec: That is just too funny! MO of course

Ron was nervous about being caught...and that's why you hear him telling the undercover...not to say nothing to nobody...because of all the heat that they were taking for Haleigh being missing...Ron even makes the comment "drug dealers don't kill your kids" or something like that...Ron was paranoid obviously...so what did he do? He had Misty in the forefront selling the drugs...he was trying to avoid being caught...and once again...he USED Misty.

Kant, I won't copy your very interesting post in order to save bandwith.

I believe Misty lived in the perfect or shall I saw imperfect environment to hone up her skills on becoming a drug seller/buyer very early on in her life. She had druggies for parents and I am sure their friends and maybe other family members also had drug problems and had illegal drug connections.

Actually some teens have done other crimes until it escalates into rape or murder.

I still think age doesn't have anything to do with being able to be a drug dealer or the main kingpin. It has to do with who they have been around for years and iirc Misty had gone with older men, even older than Ron, that had drug convictions. And the 28 year old man and the 32 year old man are just two that we know about. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more in her life. I think Misty grew up around drugs and knew 'the score' years ago.

Young teens don't have to drive. They can sell it on a street corner or they can know someone who does drive. Teens are selling drugs right in our schools. So they can and do find a way.

I can only go by what an Agent testifies to under oath. I have no reason to disbelieve him. He and his investigators are the ones that really knows what they had on Misty. If her case had gone to trial I would think we would have learn more in depth information on just what all Misty was doing.

IMO

bbm

As for the bolded comments above, I understood teens such as these are not the "kingpings" tho, and that was my point. Selling on a street corner... I understood that not to be a kingpin's typical undertaking as well.

I was not suggesting that teens cannot or do not sell drugs.

I was saying that, in my opinion, Misty didnt have time to climb the ladder to kingpin-dom. And even if one is born into a drug addled home atmosphere, there are still the logistics at hand of getting around and getting things done as a kingpin.

moo

color & bbm

As far as Misty's defense and what's been said about her, I guess I take issue with the whole kingpin notion.

She's 18 now, so how long could she have been doing it ? (as compared to, oh... let's say... Ronald, for example.)

Also, I'd think that rape and murder committed by young offenders generally do not involve working one's way up a ladder of command. Generally, it seems to me, these young offenders commit one or more independent acts which strike me as having a different connotation than an ongoing drug scene with the continuing, progressive exchange of funds and "products." There're the issues procurement, distribution, yadda yadaa. It seems multi-level - and in that regard - dissimilar in nature than a (generally) one time act of violence (as compared to a minor committing rape, murder - in your example)

Imo, the drug dealing thing must be like a web of sorts, as in not just any Joe Schmoe can waltz in and become immediately ensconced as a trusted member of a cartel. It seems it would take time.

I think age does put a limit on what a "kingpin" is able to do at certain ages. And for individuals of young ages (and any age in some cases) perhaps gender, (maybe to a lesser degree than age,) matters too imo.

For example, I admit that IDK but I would imagine that one does not enter the world of drug dealing/selling as an immediate, automatic, elevated "kingpin." It seems even dealers have standards, for lack of a better word, or a pecking order or some strata or ranks-of-sort that one would have to move up through, since part of that culture is proving your cred and making people able to trust you; bc one wrong move and it's good night nurse.

So if we use a 5 year time frame just as an example, and we use, for comparison purposes, Misty and Ron; Five years ago Misty was 13. Ronald was 22. No, wait his birthday is in 6 days; So Heaven forbid I should make him older than he is for my nefarious illustrations. OK so Ron would be 21.. (22 in 6 days,) if we are looking at 5 years ago.

Not many 13 year olds can drive; and those who can would need easy, frequent access to a vehicle and even then bebopping around town DRIVING at 13 can draw the eye of officers.

Misty looked like a child at 17 so I can only envision her at 13. Maybe Im way off base, but dont kingpins need a reliable mode of transportation to get around? If not, where do they put their stash?

In a big ole purse?

In pottery animals like a Zuna Maracopa bird that represents a beloved Zuni folk tale? Does one put one's weed/slash/pills in there?

Or a Katchina doll? Does one carry it around on the pretense of extolling its importance in the religious life of the ancient Pueblo people while, in actuality, one is stashing one's weed in there?

Somebody stop me.

Or perhaps a Pafue funeral mask?

(Dont be absurd, kant; if one puts one's pills in there, one can't get them out)

Oops better call customer service: "I'm a 13 yr old kingpin and I dont have a ride to transport my drugs and cant get my pills out of my Pafue funeral mask!"

Oh wait, but that logic is predicated that she was a kingpin at 13.

So how long does one have to wheel and deal to work one's way up the kingpin ladder?

Also, a child roaming around on foot at night or during school hours is, again, a red flag for other law-abiding adults or any officer who would likely take notice and throw a kink in that 13 year-old's beh-ness and that 13 year-old's aspirations for kingpin-dom

Additionally, a 13 year old female has the added risk of being a walking target for rape, kidnapping etc if she's roaming about, seeking to climb the kingpin ladder, doing whoever's bidding. I mean ... as compared to a 21 year old male....for example.

I guess what I'm saying is that, to me, age does mean something.

It seems there are logistics (that take time) involved in working up to kingpin rather than someone just being annointed "kingpin" in a willy-nilly, tag-you're-it fashion -- unless there are just certain individuals born into kingpin-dom like the royal family of the British Monarchy. Or perhaps such kingpin-dom exists in which being of a very young age doesn't make one ineligible to hold the position... like as in the case of a prince known as Tutankhaten who ascended to the throne in 1333 BC, at the age of nine, taking the reign name of Tutankhamun.

(King Tut - and dont encourage me to sing the Steve Martin rendition replete with little Tut dance bc I'll so do it)

(Forgive me, but without a touch of levity now and then I'd be certifiable and grief-striken 24/7)

The link image it is too much, pops up too large, for the tone of the thread; but if you feel sad and the frustration is getting to you, you can go to

Hulu.com and enter search Satuday Night Live: King Tut.
(It's 3:02 mins long and it is a hoot if you can sit thru 2 annoying, but very short, commercials)

(".... Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia... Born in Arizona, Got a condo made of stone-ah")

In closing, to me, age does matter bc I assume it takes time to work one's way up the echelon and for a very young person, particularly a female, imo there would be clear disadvantages that an older male may not encounter at all; or if these obstacles were indeed encountered, an older male (in this particular comparison example, I mean) would be better able to survive/overcome/cope/deal with them. (physically stronger, older, less suspicious in moving about as in driving, truancy, ) I'll stop there.

Sorry for the long post; but if Misty is a kingpin, I am Mary Queen of Scots.

And PS
As a child, one can get beat up on a regular basis for referring to oneself as, "one." :)

jus sayin

moo

(and props to RS & PH)

OMG Kant, Roflmao..........isn't enough to describe my humor outbreak when I read your post. Couldn't have said it any better than that! I do want to comment though and ask a question. Was there any evidence at all that Misty bought or sold any pills to anyone other than the undercover cop? Since she was a "Kingpin" or is it Queenpin?" Surely she had her own customer base. I mean in order to be a Queenpin you had to have been in the "bidnez" for quiet a while in order to have a steady income, doncha know? I don't recall reading or seeing any videos where she was actually out in the public meeting all of her client's needs. I bet bidnez was slow due to Misty's notoriety and all. Heck, she was a big star on all the talking head shows. Looks like she would be owed a royalty check as much as her face was shown on tv. Kant, you are so right, a King/Queenpin my arse.

BBM

This is absolutely right, 1Chump...the ringleader is not going to take those risks...they prefer to stay behind the scenes...and IMO, that's what Ron tried to do...so LE waited...and waited...until Ron showed his face....and just because Misty was in all the drug transactions doesn't make her the ringleader...there was someone working behind the scenes...and IMO, LE knew it was Ron....IF LE only wanted Misty...they could've captured her long before Ron came in the picture...and held her on enough charges...LE wanted Ron too...IMO, had Ron showed his face in the earlier drug transactions, LE's undercover operation would not have lasted very long...just like Teresa and some others here, want us to believe that Misty drug Ron into this :waitasec: That is just too funny! MO of course

Ron was nervous about being caught...and that's why you hear him telling the undercover...not to say nothing to nobody...because of all the heat that they were taking for Haleigh being missing...Ron even makes the comment "drug dealers don't kill your kids" or something like that...Ron was paranoid obviously...so what did he do? He had Misty in the forefront selling the drugs...he was trying to avoid being caught...and once again...he USED Misty.

I equate Drug Kingpins and Pimps as being of the same fiber. Both use younger mules/prostitutes that they themselves "turned out" and mentored. A lot like Hope and Misty working for someone who most probably told them, "Don't worry, you're young, just plead NOLO and you will not go to prison". "Trust me". IMO, both these young girls trusted a much older person who they looked up to and depended on his every word and action to protect them. Look where it got them!

OMG Kant, Roflmao..........isn't enough to describe my humor outbreak when I read your post. Couldn't have said it any better than that! I do want to comment though and ask a question. Was there any evidence at all that Misty bought or sold any pills to anyone other than the undercover cop? Since she was a "Kingpin" or is it Queenpin?" Surely she had her own customer base. I mean in order to be a Queenpin you had to have been in the "bidnez" for quiet a while in order to have a steady income, doncha know? I don't recall reading or seeing any videos where she was actually out in the public meeting all of her client's needs. I bet bidnez was slow due to Misty's notoriety and all. Heck, she was a big star on all the talking head shows. Looks like she would be owed a royalty check as much as her face was shown on tv. Kant, you are so right, a King/Queenpin my arse.
Good point. I'd think it'd put a hitch in your get-along with your face plastered all over Headline News, if you're tryna do your kingpin-in discreetly and whatnot and you're all up in someone's bidnez.

I can envision Misty now, in a Jerome Belasco/ Marlon-Brando-Don-Corleone fashion, "....you're my ex-husband, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."

"Excellent Mother. I thank you for your discretion in this matter. Now to what South American nation will you be fleeing?"

"You see, last week, my old man got on the wrong side of Larry Law, and since then, certain, shall we say, complications have arisen."

I said ...get me a job. And not just any job. A job that I can never lose. A job where, if I burn the place down, they will apologize to me for having made it so flammable. ....I have spoken, so it shall be."

I equate Drug Kingpins and Pimps as being of the same fiber. Both use younger mules/prostitutes that they themselves "turned out" and mentored. A lot like Hope and Misty working for someone who most probably told them, "Don't worry, you're young, just plead NOLO and you will not go to prison". "Trust me". IMO, both these young girls trusted a much older person who they looked up to and depended on his every word and action to protect them. Look where it got them!

Exactly Lone...that's how the game is played...

That trust...got them nowhere but prison....such foolish foolish girls. Both of them.

But she wasn't in Hope's position, imo. Agent Smith said she was the main dealer. He didn't say she was just the runner. So imo trying to say she was led astray just isn't going to work. And how can she even be eligible for YO now when she is already a convicted drug trafficker?

Was Misty at all the drug transactions? If she was and Ron wasnt there for some of them then that shows Ron wasnt the main one but she was.

I have no reason to disbelieve Agent Smith when he testified that Misty was the kingpin. He would certainly know and it seems if blaming someone else would have worked then Misty's attorney would have tried this route the first go around when he and Misty lost miserably. Now she is a convicted felon.

IMO

Well as for myself, I truly believe that Law Enforcement of any agency can lie just like the rest of the world, no exceptions. This man was not believable, but it sure looked good for the undercover operation and the Haleigh investigation to have this evil "Drug Kingpin" put away for twenty-five years, didn't it? I respect your right to your opinion but I also have an opinion and I simply can't see how Ron can be portrayed as anything other than the "Kingpin". Just doesn't work for me.

Well as for myself, I truly believe that Law Enforcement of any agency can lie just like the rest of the world, no exceptions. This man was not believable, but it sure looked good for the undercover operation and the Haleigh investigation to have this evil "Drug Kingpin" put away for twenty-five years, didn't it? I respect your right to your opinion but I also have an opinion and I simply can't see how Ron can be portrayed as anything other than the "Kingpin". Just doesn't work for me.
I promise to flog myself for asking this ;-) but do we have a link to Agent Smith's testimony re Misty-the-kingpin?

tia

bbm

As for the bolded comments above, I understood teens such as these are not the "kingpings" tho, and that was my point. Selling on a street corner... I understood that not to be a kingpin's typical undertaking as well.

I was saying that, in my opinion, Misty didnt have time to climb the ladder to kingpin-dom. And even if one is born into a drug addled home atmosphere, there are still the logistics at hand of getting around and getting things done as a kingpin.

moo

LOL, yep, it would be really hard to grow your clientele just driving to the bus stop! It is also a bit hard to stay in business if you are using your own inventory, KWIM?

I promise to flog myself for asking this ;-) but do we have a link to Agent Smith's testimony re Misty-the-kingpin?

tia

Oh Kant, I know I saw something on video of the court appearance but not certain about the actual wording. I'll admit I've commented in response to other posts about the agent naming Misty as the "Kingpin". IMO, without going back to research, he may have said ringleader, which to me is the same thing only in simple terms. I'll look and see if I can find the actuall video.

bbm

moo

Yep, a lot of teens involved with dealing drugs are doing so to protect the "Kingpin" so that he is not caught with the drugs on himself. The teens are actually just mules delivering the drugs for the Kingpin and the videos show just that, in fact.

ETA: I can just see Misty and Ron after the deal is completed: "BaaaaaaaaaayBeeeeeeeee, did I do good?

Oh Kant, I know I saw something on video of the court appearance but not certain about the actual wording. I'll admit I've commented in response to other posts about the agent naming Misty as the "Kingpin". IMO, without going back to research, he may have said ringleader, which to me is the same thing only in simple terms. I'll look and see if I can find the actuall video.

Lone,

No video but this article in The St. Augustine Record contains FDLE Agent Travis Smith's testimony at Misty Croslin's sentencing hearing.

<snipped>

Assistant State Attorney Jason Lewis urged Berger to give Croslin the maximum term.

FDLE Agent Travis Smith had portrayed Croslin as the "bigger fish" who doesn't get offered a deal by the state.

"She's been moving an enormous amount of prescription pills in our community," said Smith. "Misty Croslin initiated all the drug transactions."

Fields scoffed at the idea that the drug operation being run out of the Satsuma area of Putnam County could be run by his client, who could barely read or write.

The sixth grade was the last one Croslin successfully completed.

Croslin said she was willing to take her share of the responsibility but wasn't going to shoulder it all.

She didn't hesitate when she admitted to Lewis that drug-dealing was wrong.
However, she tearfully added, "When you grow up and you've got no money or nothing, and that's a way to get money so you have something to eat ... it sounds pretty good, you know."

Croslin also said she probably wouldn't have been the focus of a drug investigation if it were not for the disappearance of 5-year-old HaLeigh Cummings the night of Feb. 9, 2009.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-10-09/croslin-gets-25-years

I tend to think that if Misty was the "main dealer" it's because she was the one who the undercover approached.

There is a video in this article by First Coast News. Misty is on the stand and Judge Berger tells Misty she is a drug dealer.

<snipped>

Croslin took the stand in her own defense, saying that she started selling drugs because she grew up poor. "It is wrong to drug deal, but when you grow up poor, that is what you do," she said on the stand during defense questioning.

She agreed that for the first time in her life, she is in control.

She also was questioned by Judge Wendy Berger who asked her why she should be treated differently than her codefendants.

Croslin was arrested earlier this year, along with her ex-husband and Haleigh's father Ronald Cummings. Croslin's brother Hank was also arrested for drug trafficking. Both got 15 years in prison.

"I wouldn't be here if (the FBI) didn't come at me... I'm not a drug dealer," Croslin responded.

Berger disagreed. In sentencing, she was unmoved by earlier harrowing descriptions of Croslin's upbringing. "You may not have a lot of book smarts, but you have a lot of street smarts," she said. "You are here because you sold drugs."

"You are a young lady who has committed bad choices," she said.

"You say you're not a drug deal and I countered with you that you are. You deal with a whole heck of a lot of drugs," said Berger.

Croslin's defense had also asked to be sentenced as a youthful offender. "I'm so young, I have a lot of life ahead of me...."

"But you like the money?" said Berger. "Yes," Croslin responded.

Berger said she considered the youthful offender option. "(I) realized there is a hefty minimum mandatory, but the problem with youthful offender (sentencing) is the six years."

The state argued with Croslin about her involvement in the drug deals; she has persisted that she was not the leader and that the drug contacts were the groups', not hers alone.

She persisted that she was not into pills. "I'm into marijuana; I don't sell it, I smoke it."

The first witness was Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigator Travis Smith, who said Croslin told undercover agents that she had four sources for drugs. At one point, she promised to buy 50 percoset, Smith said, adding that she did all the calling and transactions with the FBI.

Smith said Croslin had a large network, 200 pills potentially. "That is a large amount of hydrocodone," he said.

"Why do you feel she is not innocent and she is a drug dealer?" her attorney asked.

"She had multiple sources," Smith replied. "She had the knowledge...the prices were dead on with the market rate."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...The+Cure/50619441001/50624658001/646311395001

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90
Back