Defense at crime scene jan. 30

If you listen closely to what both JB and LKB are saying, they state that there is no reason to inspect the crime scene until the SA hands over the discovery photos, etc, so they can see what the area was like when they came onto the scene. They were also kept off there by it being private property. I heard LE saying they would have to get permission from the property owner.

Now, since they went onto the scene to inspect I would assume that the SA has finally handed over what they needed so they have some idea what it looked like before.

As for finding more potential evidence, if you read the latest docs you will see that Henry L did find evidence in the trunk, handed it over to LE and they proceeded to do another search and collection after they left finding many more pieces of evidence that they then correctly processed. There were a lot of hairs stuck to pop cans and other garbage. Those docs are where I see what I suspected or wondered about previously. Was there any remnants of pork in the trash? From what I have been able to gather it looks like pig could be confused for human decomp. there were packages from both ham and cheese in there. If it were in the trunk for at least 2 weeks the maggots could easily have ingested any solid material that started out in the trash. But I'm sure the entomological tests will show what they ingested.
Are you suggesting that the smell of death was a pig?
Rotten ham?
I would think that cadaver dogs are trained to tell the difference between human and porcine remains.:eek:

Baez requested the tips KNOWING they were bogus-- thousands of tips, nothing ever checked out. That there WERE no legitimate tips that Caylee was seen in TX, NY, PR, etc, is evidenced by the fact that she never left the area alive. Most of the tips were made by people who wanted attention, and well-meaning people who wanted to help, and imagined that they saw Caylee.

The meter reader's tips were in there, were they bogus? There may have been other's who reported something from that site. What contitutes an important tip to the prosecution and what is important to the defense obviously may differ.

Where are you getting the idea that there were separate disks with "legitimate" and "non-legitimate" tapes? Please post a link. Thanks!
BTW-- Did JB ever pick up the tapes and read the content to evaluate the material? Thanks again.

The first disk prepared by the prosecution contained the psychic tips. This was discussed in court. The prosecution prepared that first disk and refused to prepare any others until Baez paid around $900 for THAT disk. If you can't see a problem with that then nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

The question is, why did he request thousands of bonus tips, to begin with.

Bonus tips? I am going to guess you meant Bogus tips. He did not request Bogus tips.

IMHO, it's the counsel for the defense who os playing games. He's flailing.

The prosecution at one point complained that it was difficult and expensive for them to sort out the psychic tips from the "real" tips, but then made a disk consisting of just the psychic tips and expected the defense to pay $900 for that disk, putting an unnessary financial hardship/waste on the defense. Exactly who is playing games here? More importantly, why?

The bold and italic words in the above quoted response was added by me.

I don't see it as the State playing games with production. They have different issues with the FBI and other entities in play here. They are not responsible for their timelines and have no jurisdiction over them to produce what JB is asking for at various times. Correct?

Can anyone tell me why the FBI is still involved in this case? Other than using their labs, which saves the state money, what grounds do the FBI have for still taking an active role?

I thought they only got involved in case having to do with crossing state lines or kidnapping. Since the prosecutions stance is NO kidnapping occured and this case did not involve crossing state lines......?

I sat at a table with CA when TES was there on the first search...CA after eating, threw her hands up in the air and said "This is all a waste of time", then stomped off....now why would she want those records if it was all such a waste??
Cindy was at a TES search? Wow! i thought she so despised Tim's help and everyone associated with the searches so much that she'd never have been there! Cindy is one 'strange bird', and it's hard to figure out why or what may be the reasons for any statements or moves made by her. Just my opinions.

Rotten ham?
I would think that cadaver dogs are trained to tell the difference between human and porcine remains.:eek:

In the docs released some time ago, the forensic reports shows a chart with the chemicals that are the same or different between human and animals. The chemicals with pig are the same on that chart. Now, Carbon tetrachloride is said to be a human marker and they didn't have that on that chart. I've spent a lot of time trying to research it but haven't been able to find out if carbon tet is present with pig decomp. I do know that swine seems to be the closest to human and they use their arteries for replacement. Carbon tet can come from other sources too.

Your bolded (by me) proclamation is false.

WFTV

FOX

From the motion...
I distinctly recall JB being offered by LE to go in to inspect immediately after they pulled out of the area. I guess I will have to track it down, but it was turned down by the defense team saying the scene had "changed" yada yada yada, IIRC. What you put up was what happened later down the line after JB decided he wanted to go onto the property.

I distinctly recall JB being offered by LE to go in to inspect immediately after they pulled out of the area. I guess I will have to track it down, but it was turned down by the defense team saying the scene had "changed" yada yada yada, IIRC. What you put up was what happened later down the line after JB decided he wanted to go onto the property.

I remember that too SS. I will look for the link also. That's why I thought it was so strange Jose filed the motion to inspect the site.

I watched it. He explains how "our experts" advised that an examination would not be advantageous without schematic drawings and other explanations of the scene from CSI. He goes on to say "We want to bring them down to do serious work...". He is saying he wants to conduct an examination and he wants CSI documents to help the exam. But this is still seperate from legal access to a site that is marked "No Trespassing". Even if OCSO provided him with the schematics he requested, he would still require permission from the property owner to avoid charges of trespassing.

He does hem and haw and never comes out and says he refused. Seems to me they would have wanted to see the scene before the gen pop got there.

Here is the myth: Jose Baez was granted permission to legally enter the crime scene after OCSO completed their investigation, but in spite of this permission, he refused.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18318021/detail.html

The OCSO also said the attorneys for the defense had been called to come check out the crime scene at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday, but they declined. The reason for their decline remains unknown.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/12/minutetominute_update_in_remains_discovery_12_11.html

11:30 a.m.
Investigators tried to release the crime scene to Jose Baez and the rest of Casey Anthony's defense team, but they declined. The scene can now be accessed to the general public.

I remember that too SS. I will look for the link also. That's why I thought it was so strange Jose filed the motion to inspect the site.
I rememeber that too, in fact this morning I was reading that article somewhere here. I think it's in with the new article from today on one of the news sites(media thread). So much stuff to go through now.

Ok, I'm preparing myself for the 'big defense team bombshell'.

I apologize in advance Mods, but I have no faith in the expertise of Dr Henry Lee or in his ability to be an honest and on the up & up person. I think he is underhanded, I don't just trust him, and I'm waiting expecting to hear of his find of some huge bombshell evidence that the State "overlooked".

I agree with you.........Dr. is highly paid and look at the OJ sock thing..........

Rotten ham?

Especially heavily preserved, salted porcine remains. Ham is so much more than mere pork.

Ohhh.. they will prolly *find* something... as in SNEAKING SOMETHING IN THE LOT. like he did the bracelet into jail ..like a beer can with prints or something. :eek:

Your bolded (by me) proclamation is false.

WFTV

FOX

From the motion...

100% accurate! My only question is why is he waiting until almost 2 months later to file the motion. He should have been in court the day after LE cleared the scene filing an emergency motion to access the private property.

Especially heavily preserved, salted porcine remains. Ham is so much more than mere pork.

in order to perhaps confuse the results it would have to be a dead pig that has not been cleaned and, of course cooked. Highly doubtfull that she left some raw pig in her trunk. Nope, sorry, does not make sense.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back