Defense doesn't want GA & CA in the courtroom....why?

Ok, now can you do a Cindy list? There's a bunch for her too.

- admits to doing the searches for chloroform... or something like it
- Cleaned evidence in the trunk of the car
- Put dryer sheets in the car
- Sprayed a whole can of Febreeze in the car
- Gave LE the wrong hairbrush on purpose
- Joked that she should have given LE the dogs toothbrush instead of Caylee's
- Made a lot of money off her missing granddaughters case and didn't use one penny of that money to put towards the reward to bring her home and instead went on a cruise and got a lavish makeover.
- She has lied to LE endlessly
- She has lied to the FBI endlessly
- NOT ONCE has Cindy Anthony ever pleaded for the "kidnappers" to return Caylee safely to their family. The only instance I can remember Cindy ever mentioning any statement to Zanny the nanny was when Casey told her to tell Zanny that she forgives her.
- She told Larry King Live that it was not her job to be involved in finding the murderer of her precious granddaughter (which is so very telling to me that she knew Casey did it)
- She held a very public memorial for Caylee, had her cremated against Casey's wishes (something planned by the defense no doubt) and then proceeded to claim that she was still alive.

I could go on and on and on...

I still know Casey is 100% responsible for Caylee's death though. Not Cindy. Not George.

I think we are overthinking the root reason. The defense has to impeach the A's on the stand and completely undermine their credibility. To much of the timeline comes from them. They don't have to throw them under the bus and blame the crime on them. They are going for "if you can prove the witness is a liar on the stand the jury can opt to disregard anything that the witness says". In that way they throw out or call into question almost the entire early timeline of events. They don't actually have to accuse the A's of killing Caylee. They just have to hit them hard enough on the stand to make them seem to be as big a bunch of pathological liars as their client.

They want them out of the courtroom because this only works if they can gang up on them individually. If the others witness the hostile cross and impeachment of testimony it would be too easy for those other witnesses to counter.

I think way too much strategy is at play. Jurors are not stupid. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, you know the rest.
Maneuvering and crying "junk science" is not going to make it here. thanks for listening

Thank you Cindy for calling 911, before putting mamma bear hat on.

IMO

So GA did it..
Then what??
CA wrote the script with ICA? CA. alone?
the only way to explain ugly coping is that CA DID take custody of CAYLEE ICA was living Bella vita. cause she left Caylee with someone she trusted?

CA tells ICA Caylee was kidnapped, we are gonna find her... she's been dead all along. ICA found out with the nation?
it'll never fly
THEY ALL need to be :behindbar:

I feel sick. :eek:fftobed:

I think there may be a benefit to the DT if the jury doesn't really get to "know" CA and GA-- if they were sitting in the gallery the jurors would most certainly be more apt to sympathize with them. jmo

respectfully snipped

I both agree and disagree. I think that their presence MIGHT humanize them (that's my agree part, short and all that) BUT
I also think that they should get GA and CA the he?? outta there with all of the gum chewing, shaking, head nodding, flying off the handle theatrics....MOST of the behaviour that we've witnessed thus far is NOT going to help them LOOK LIKE VICTIMS in the murder of their precious granddaughter!!! It's going to continue to make them look like TEAM CASEY SANS MORALS.

I hate to sound like I'm reading too much into it but I strongly feel that ICA is behind this. Like cremation vs burial IYKWIM.

bbm

I think the theatrics have already ushered in the new acte: CA ashen, grim, and trembling. I truly believe we'd see more of this type stuff, especially since the rules of decorum have been handed down with their brand of shenanigans explicitly defined. jmo

eta: I have no idea why the quote is like this-

So GA did it..
Then what??
CA wrote the script with ICA? CA. alone?
the only way to explain ugly coping is that CA DID take custody of CAYLEE ICA was living Bella vita. cause she left Caylee with someone she trusted?

CA tells ICA Caylee was kidnapped, we are gonna find her... she's been dead all along. ICA found out with the nation?
it'll never fly
THEY ALL need to be :behindbar:

I feel sick. :eek:fftobed:

Here is a potential DT scenario;

-During the big family fight on June 15th, CA threatens to take custody of the child.

- On the morning of the 16th, Casey tells George that if they try to take custody, she will tell Cindy about the abuse she has endured since childhood.

- George snaps, grabs the child from Casey, and tells her she better leave now and NEVER say a word about anything or he will harm Caylee.

- George tells Casey that his girlfriend, who Casey knows about, will take care of caylee for awhile, and Casey will get her back if she keeps her mouth shut and pretends like nothing happened.

- Casey was so scared of evil George that she pretended like nothing was wrong.

-When the car trunk began to smell she realized that her Dad was trying to frame her. So she stayed away and tried to think of what to do. She could not go to LE because her dad was ex-LE and she was afraid they would be in on it.

- She decided to tell her attorneys what happened and wait it out in jail until she could tell a jury her sad story.

p.s ALL of the forensic evidence against Casey can also be tied back to George.

Justice is on a roll, two today (Coleman and Cooper) take note A's people are not stupid and will not buy BS, no matter how cute the package thinks she is......

IMO

in addition to the divide, and discredit pro and the possibly throw them under the bus option = it is also beneficial to the defense if they can get the A s out of there because, lets face it, the A s will leave a bad taste in the jurors mouths.

Their bizarre behavior, their facial expressions during testimony, the ball of dysfunction that is their family and that JB has already stated he intends to cover during the trial. Disassociating his very unpopular but attractive client from the rest of the A s who are irritating and unlikable as well can only help the defense.

Exactly this. All they can do by being there is hurt Casey's chances and keeping her life.

Here is a potential DT scenario;

-During the big family fight on June 15th, CA threatens to take custody of the child.

- On the morning of the 16th, Casey tells George that if they try to take custody, she will tell Cindy about the abuse she has endured since childhood.

- George snaps, grabs the child from Casey, and tells her she better leave now and NEVER say a word about anything or he will harm Caylee.

- George tells Casey that his girlfriend, who Casey knows about, will take care of caylee for awhile, and Casey will get her back if she keeps her mouth shut and pretends like nothing happened.

- Casey was so scared of evil George that she pretended like nothing was wrong.

-When the car trunk began to smell she realized that her Dad was trying to frame her. So she stayed away and tried to think of what to do. She could not go to LE because her dad was ex-LE and she was afraid they would be in on it.

- She decided to tell her attorneys what happened and wait it out in jail until she could tell a jury her sad story.

p.s ALL of the forensic evidence against Casey can also be tied back to George.

1st BBM: George LOVED Caylee too much to ever do her harm.

2nd BBM: ICA was NEVER afraid of George. George was calling her the "boss", "honey" or whatever weird words he used to address ICA, and ICA wanted to have a private jail visit with her father.

3rd BBM: For all the A's knew, ICA was in Jacksonville "bonding" with Caylee. It was GA that first smelled the "decomposition" in the trunk and he said out loud "please don't let this be my granddaughter/daughter".

IMO I don't think the "George Did It" theory is going to fly at all. I think the DT may try to pin it on GA but it won't work. Too much evidence points back to ICA.

My thoughts are:
-I guess Lee is a non-entity in whatever the defense is scheming
-The defense has a BIG ambitious plan that will blame GA and try to encompass all of the oddities in this case
-I bet the grieving grandma is furious beyond words over this, which she will see as a back stabbing move.
-OR maybe this was orchestrated awhile ago by the self-proclaimed angel of death row and Cindy instructed George - you WILL comply with this plan to free Casey.

I was thinking, I wonder how "kind and humble" CA thinks JB is now. And it is very ironic that their lawyer points out JB has had time for media appearances but not to address their visitation request. What's new is old and what's old is new. In the very first visitations, LA tells ICA that JB isn't returning their calls, GA tells her JB works for HER, and LE at the same point says JB doesn't return their calls. How unprofessional and childish is it to not at least reply "no she won't be visiting." Just answer them, Baez.

Oh, and is GA killing Caylee the part where we are supposed to say "now I understand."? Because JB said that we would get it at the very beginning. And, Baez, noone in their right mind is going to believe GA killed Caylee. Say what you will, but noone else in that family would have harmed a hair on her head. IMO

That's the impossibly tricky part about this case. Any scenario involving Casey being truly innocent doesn't add up. You might make sense of part of it, but then there's the other stuff like 31 days, computer searches, etc. There's no explanation but that Casey killed Caylee on purpose or accidentally, and for whatever reason did NOT care one bit.

In the Chris Coleman trial, we saw the defense try to throw CC's brothers under the bus. They did it ever-so-slightly, but it is proof that this strategy by defense attorneys is not unheard of in the least.

In the Chris Coleman trial, we saw the defense try to throw CC's brothers under the bus. They did it ever-so-slightly, but it is proof that this strategy by defense attorneys is not unheard of in the least.

Did it work?

:waitasec: :waitasec:

Maybe ... the DT has been reading here at WS !

Maybe ... the DT has decided to use some of the excellent advice posted here at WS !

Three years and nothing they throw at the wall sticks.
If this wasn't such a tragedy it would be funny.
IMO

I bet Cindy is really shaking now. She has to be utterly furious with the defense... I would even wager a bet that she believes Casey has no role in this (because that is what she does) and thinks that it is all the defense's doing. Her best friend would never do this to her, would she??

Well Cindy, yes she would. She hates you. Your own mother said Casey hated you. So much so that she murdered Caylee to hurt you, but that wasn't enough for you. I personally think that you pushed Casey's buttons, like only you can, and in Casey's mind... you forced her to take this next step. She murdered Caylee to hurt you... so you wrote her letters stating that you did not believe Caylee was even deceased. That you would both look for Caylee alive when she gets out of jail!

I believe that Casey feels that after all she has done to destroy Cindy and George that they are insulting her by claiming that Caylee is alive. That they are still playing games with her... like "na...na...na...boo...boo we don't believe you... so you can't hurt me." By refusing to believe that Casey had anything to do with Caylee's murder and then to insult her by claiming that Caylee is not even deceased... Casey feels she accomplished nothing in her actions and I think it royally ticks her off.

And that is why we are here today. That is the reason Casey has just made it nearly impossible for her parents to sit in on this trial. I don't think it has anything to do with Casey not wanting her parents to know the truth. I think Casey is mad that her parents don't acknowledge the truth (at least to her... not to the public) and that is why she is hellbent on taking this next step. She wants to hurt her parents. She wants to torture them. That is why Caylee's life was taken... at least that is what I believe. I think that is what the motive is... Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee. She hated Cindy enough to remove the one piece of sunshine she had in her life. Caylee!

MOO

1st BBM: George LOVED Caylee too much to ever do her harm.

2nd BBM: ICA was NEVER afraid of George. George was calling her the "boss", "honey" or whatever weird words he used to address ICA, and ICA wanted to have a private jail visit with her father.

3rd BBM: For all the A's knew, ICA was in Jacksonville "bonding" with Caylee. It was GA that first smelled the "decomposition" in the trunk and he said out loud "please don't let this be my granddaughter/daughter".

IMO I don't think the "George Did It" theory is going to fly at all. I think the DT may try to pin it on GA but it won't work. Too much evidence points back to ICA.

I agree with ALL of the above. But the problem is that most of the jurors will know next to nothing about George or his feelings about Caylee. It MAY be possible for the DT to paint him as an abusive pedophile.

And relationships between kids and their abusers are very complicated. It could make sense that she wanted to have a private visit with her father because she felt safe in custody and she wanted to talk to him about what happened.

The DT can say that the very reason George discussed the smell in the trunk was because he was framing Casey for the murder. In some ways it is easier to convince a jury that a pedophile would rape and kill a child than it would be to convince them a young mother would kill her child in cold blood.

I do not think it will work either, but it just takes one or two to muck it up. imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back