Defense says they decline to examine site where remains found?

If the defense experts were to go in and manage to find any evidence now, they'd find evidence Casey is guilty, and JB knows it. (IMO:)) So they definitely don't want to go anywhere near the crime scene! On the other hand, if they went in just to observe while LE was in there, they could testify to any procedure they considered "iffy."

First JB whined because he wanted the tips from LE and then left them sitting with a 900.00 bill because he didn't pick them up and then he whined because he wanted in the crime scene and now that he has approval he doesn't want that either..Does anyone else see a pattern emerging? :bang:

They didn't want to see it. You can take that to the bank.

If it didn't look the way it does now, can you imagine the accusations the defense would be tossing out as it pertains to LE being inept?

It was a no win situation and they dealt with it the only way they could. They were 100% thorough. Now, the defense can't call it a rush to judgment, a shoddy investigation, inept police work, and on, and on, and on....

LE now has the ability to go into a court of law and inform jurors that a defense team can run their own investigation AFTER the crime scene is released in EVERY investigation in this country and this one is NO exception to that rule. Baez is constantly expecting special treatment where this case is concerned and sorry, he's not entitled to it, period[/B].
[/B]

Maybe thats why he and KC get along so well?

To John Q. Public layperson, they may not know the rules would have prevented them from going to the scene. This whole temper tantrum was staged for those people to question why LE wouldn't allow them and to put a seed of doubt as to why not unless LE had something to "hide". We know it is BS, but John QP may not.

Exactly. IMO, The defense never had any intention of processing the crime scene. They are whining about stuff they aren't intitled to in hopes of making a future juror think they were. Just like when JB whined about being notified about Caylee's death first. He was never told he would be and he wasn't intitled to be.

JB has done this all along. He accuses LE of mistreatment only to be shot down on that claim later.

I think there just wasn't any point. Like someone else said, there is nothing left to see.

I'm shocked that they wouldn't just go down there to assess the area, regardless of what LE did to it. Caylee was there... it would benefit them to understand the scope of where the bag was exactly found... how far out the remains were found. Sure, the vegetation has been stripped and everything, but it doesn't change the location of what evidence was found where.

Sometimes I feel like some of Baez's moves are going to end up playing into Casey's hands where she will end up appealing to the state that she was not properly represented.

I'm shocked that they wouldn't just go down there to assess the area, regardless of what LE did to it. Caylee was there... it would benefit them to understand the scope of where the bag was exactly found... how far out the remains were found. Sure, the vegetation has been stripped and everything, but it doesn't change the location of what evidence was found where.

Sometimes I feel like some of Baez's moves are going to end up playing into Casey's hands where she will end up appealing to the state that she was not properly represented.

Yeah, I guess you are right. How is it going to look when they have to say they weren't there so they don't know what the scene looked like, etc...

The area where the body was found is private property and for the defense to even step foot on that site, permission is needed from the land owner...

IMO, the land owner wouldn't grant them permission anyways...
maybe they tried to gain permission and were denied? so they are playing it off as if they don't want to look?

There really was no reason for them to be at the crime scene anyways, they were just trying to stall!

The area where the body was found is private property and for the defense to even step foot on that site, permission is needed from the land owner...

maybe they tried to gain permission and were denied? so they are playing it off as if they don't want to look?

There really was no reason for them to be at the crime scene anyways, they were just trying to stall!

I agree.

This is the first time I have started a thread, so if I have misplaced this, please correct me.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view.bg?articleid=1140368

I hadn't seen this mentioned in the threads and thought I'd post it. At the end of the article is where the defense supposedly says that they will not examine the area where the remains were found. What do all you make of this?

Aqua

Gee! Sounds like the time they jumped up and down for documentation of all the "Caylee sighting tips" LE had. LE did $1,00 worth of work to give it to hem, and hey never bothered to pick it up.

They know there isnt any point.

The purpose of their endless WHINING about the scene when it was first discovered was because they were hoping they could RUSH the state out of there, only to come to court and bash them for rushing and not carefully and methodically examining the area (at least, thats my opinion).

They realize the state dotted their I's and crossed their T's in triplicate with this crime scene, so they are moving on to other endeavors.

Typical *big eye roll from me*

Yeah, my fave JB line was, "LE is making a crime scene investigation into an archeologicql dig. Um, Jose? That's EXACTLY what it is?!

I agree, Elphaba. I would have to go and look around and even take pictures to get a better sense of where things are in relation to each other etc.

I also strongly agree with your last sentence too.

Yep, just spin to create doubt in potential jurors. Can't wait to see what the next round of "emerency" motions will be. Someone should have filed emergency motions long ago if they ever suspected perp of hurting Caylee. That is where emergency motions belonged.

Very well said. :clap::clap::clap:

Private property or no, it did not stop the hordes of people traipsing in after it was released. Several WS'ers have already made comments about going into the area. I doubt the person who owned it was too concerned.

All there childish motions and stammering may well have helped LE because they did a slow and meticulous job making sure no stone was unturned. JMO

Gee! Sounds like the time they jumped up and down for documentation of all the "Caylee sighting tips" LE had. LE did $1,00 worth of work to give it to hem, and hey never bothered to pick it up.

Oh good point! They don't do themselves any favors with their antics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back