Defense to examine the Sunfire this a.m.

I hope Dr Lee isn't caught hiding evidence again..

Judge in Spector trial rules defense expert Dr. Henry Lee hid or destroyed evidence

By Harriet Ryan
Court TV LOS ANGELES — The judge in the Phil Spector murder trial said Wednesday that he had concluded Dr. Henry Lee, a defense expert and one of the country's most famous forensic scientists, hid or destroyed a piece of evidence from the scene of an actress's shooting.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Larry Fidler said Spector's defense can still call Lee as a witness, but prosecutors will be permitted to present evidence to the jury that Lee found potentially important evidence and failed to turn it over to the prosecution as the law requires. (VIDEO)
Prosecutors claim the small white object is a piece of a fake fingernail belonging to the alleged victim, Lana Clarkson, and that if it is found, it could firmly establish that she did not commit suicide, as the defense alleged.
In his ruling, the judge said he could not say it was a fingernail, but "it was the size of a fingernail."
Fidler's decision was the culmination of six days of hearings in which a half-dozen former and current members of Spector's defense team, including Lee, testified about a search of Spector's mansion conducted after a sheriff's department crime scene unit had collected evidence from the Feb. 3, 2003, shooting.

In his ruling, Fidler indicated that he believed Lee had lied under oath. He specifically cited the conflict between Lee's testimony that he had never collected the item in question and the account of a former defense attorney, Sara Caplan, who said she saw him place such an object in a clear vial.
The judge acknowledged that Lee was a "world-renowned expert," but said he found Caplan "very credible."
"If I have to choose between the two, I am going to choose Ms. Caplan, is more credible than Dr. Lee," he said, adding, "Dr. Lee has a lot to lose if this turns out to be true."
http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/052307_ctv.html

Just happened yesterday.

My daughter Annie went to Hawaii with baby and hubby and because we have a housekeeper coming this next Monday, she left all the dirty dishes in her sink. Since I was cleaning my kitchen thought I'd go get her dirty dishes and wash them at the same time.

When I looked into her sink, filled with dirty dishes the smell was horrible! I mean HORRIBLE! Yuk.........the milk from baby bottles smelled so bad, I just couldn't believe it. Course there was a few dishes that had chicken left on them too. Now, this was only 4 day's after she left.

So........goes to show how fast things can rot! I still haven't gotten the smell out of my trunk when I left some groceries......including a whole fresh chicken in there.. I will eventually get my car detailed. I just haven't had the time...:eek:

xxxxxxoooo
mama.......in Southern. CA......
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Look on the bright side.... if LE entered her house with cadaver dogs.... they'd probably fall asleep out of boredom.

Hope they have a wonderful time in Hawaii, I'm jealous.

Judge in Spector trial rules defense expert Dr. Henry Lee hid or destroyed evidence

By Harriet Ryan
Court TV LOS ANGELES — The judge in the Phil Spector murder trial said Wednesday that he had concluded Dr. Henry Lee, a defense expert and one of the country's most famous forensic scientists, hid or destroyed a piece of evidence from the scene of an actress's shooting.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Larry Fidler said Spector's defense can still call Lee as a witness, but prosecutors will be permitted to present evidence to the jury that Lee found potentially important evidence and failed to turn it over to the prosecution as the law requires. (VIDEO)
Prosecutors claim the small white object is a piece of a fake fingernail belonging to the alleged victim, Lana Clarkson, and that if it is found, it could firmly establish that she did not commit suicide, as the defense alleged.
In his ruling, the judge said he could not say it was a fingernail, but "it was the size of a fingernail."
Fidler's decision was the culmination of six days of hearings in which a half-dozen former and current members of Spector's defense team, including Lee, testified about a search of Spector's mansion conducted after a sheriff's department crime scene unit had collected evidence from the Feb. 3, 2003, shooting.

In his ruling, Fidler indicated that he believed Lee had lied under oath. He specifically cited the conflict between Lee's testimony that he had never collected the item in question and the account of a former defense attorney, Sara Caplan, who said she saw him place such an object in a clear vial.
The judge acknowledged that Lee was a "world-renowned expert," but said he found Caplan "very credible."
"If I have to choose between the two, I am going to choose Ms. Caplan, is more credible than Dr. Lee," he said, adding, "Dr. Lee has a lot to lose if this turns out to be true."

Sounds like he'll fit right in with this group. :furious:

OMG!

Prosecutors must be laughing their butts off today.

I have to ask myself if the defense is INTENTIONALLY trying to botch Casey's defense just so they can get a mistrial or an appeal.... maybe Baez' ONLY goal is to make sure he is NOT the last atty. on record when her final sentence is handed down????

Would be nice BUT Lee screwed up the OJ forensics - so I'm not holding out to much for Lee

Thank you for bringing that up-I think it is HILARIOUS that Baez would choose Lee. The reason to do it would only be to intimidate the jurors, basically-in the event that they would become star struck by his resume. He observed Marilyn Monroe's autopsy as a student, IIRC.

If the body was genuinely in that trunk for 10+ days rotting in the Floida heat and humidity....I absolutely believe the smell would still be present in that vehicle.

From experience, that rancid smell lingers like crazy.
I once saw a case where a man committed suicide in his home, and he wasnt found until about a week afterwards. The smell....oh, I dont think I can ever erase that smell from my memory.
3 months afterwards, when the owners of the home went to rent it out again, they had to hire Service Master to come and clean most of the house, because all their efforts were unsuccessful at getting rid of the scent. Yikes.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

By Harriet Ryan

...and it will all come in & discredit him! Easiest way to put egg on an expert's face is to cross him on his prior, er, expert experience!
Betcha money (and I'm not the betting kind) that Baez didn't do his due diligence when he hired Dr. Lee. :doh: oops!

Every time I think Baez couldn't get any more idiotic, he proves me wrong. While his uninformed opinion of Dr. Henry Lee may be a favorable one, that's far from the truth.

He will be forever known as the guy who spit ketchup in the Michael Peterson case (MP found guilty of course).

He will forever be known for the expert that Mark Geragos dared not put on the stand during the Scott Peterson trial (SP found guilty).

Ultimately however, he will FOREVER be known as the man who thinks it's A-OK to collect forensic samples on a POST IT note. Alan Jackson brought him down 1000 pegs during the 1st the Spector trial. He even sent away for the good Dr. Henry Lee's transcripts and it seems, MANY of the degrees Henry Lee holds are honorary. Nothing wrong with that really, UNLESS, he truly doesn't hold the qualifications that he's claimed to hold all these years. Take a look at when he received his degrees. It's downright impossible for him to have gotten his Ph.D in the timeframe that he claims (1 year?).

Let's not even mention the fact that he destroyed evidence in the Phil Spector case. He of course, fled to China to try and get out of testifying. Old Judge Fidler however, decided to wait it out.

IMO, Henry Lee should go into retirement. He could definitely make a great living though. He could be the spokesman for the Post-It company, OR, he could become the spokesman for the Heinz Company. Then again, he just might prefer Hunts.

I'd also add, if I were involved in ANY capacity of JFK assassination (and I know Lee came in many years later for the reconstruction), I certainly wouldn't want it on my resume.

Lest we not forget the O.J. testiMONEY, either.

This might be "THE" wake up call Jose needs.

Once he smells the car ... there won't be any denial possible.

*** really interested in the spin on this one ***

He may have never smelled human decay before, so he may spin this one good and hard.

Every time I think Baez couldn't get any more idiotic, he proves me wrong. While his uninformed opinion of Dr. Henry Lee may be a favorable one, that's far from the truth.

He will be forever known as the guy who spit ketchup in the Michael Peterson case (MP found guilty of course).

He will forever be known for the expert that Mark Geragos dared not put on the stand during the Scott Peterson trial (SP found guilty).

Ultimately however, he will FOREVER be known as the man who thinks it's A-OK to collect forensic samples on a POST IT note. Alan Jackson brought him down 1000 pegs during the 1st the Spector trial. He even sent away for the good Dr. Henry Lee's transcripts and it seems, MANY of the degrees Henry Lee holds are honorary. Nothing wrong with that really, UNLESS, he truly doesn't hold the qualifications that he's claimed to hold all these years. Take a look at when he received his degrees. It's downright impossible for him to have gotten his Ph.D in the timeframe that he claims (1 year?).

Let's not even mention the fact that he destroyed evidence in the Phil Spector case. He of course, fled to China to try and get out of testifying. Old Judge Fidler however, decided to wait it out.

IMO, Henry Lee should go into retirement. He could definitely make a great living though. He could be the spokesman for the Post-It company, OR, he could become the spokesman for the Heinz Company. Then again, he just might prefer Hunts.

I'd also add, if I were involved in ANY capacity of JFK assassination (and I know Lee came in many years later for the reconstruction), I certainly wouldn't want it on my resume.

Lest we not forget the O.J. testiMONEY, either.

I see you followed the same trials as I have. The Spector trial really opened up my eyes.

If the body was genuinely in that trunk for 10+ days rotting in the Floida heat and humidity....I absolutely believe the smell would still be present in that vehicle.

From experience, that rancid smell lingers like crazy.
I once saw a case where a man committed suicide in his home, and he wasnt found until about a week afterwards. The smell....oh, I dont think I can ever erase that smell from my memory.
3 months afterwards, when the owners of the home went to rent it out again, they had to hire Service Master to come and clean most of the house, because all their efforts were unsuccessful at getting rid of the scent. Yikes.

I'm not an expert, but a neighbor, an elderly man here in SoCal died in his house, alone, and no one saw him walking his dogs for some time and ended up finding him in his house about 10 days after he died. From what the realtor who sold the house said, the entire floor had to be ripped up to get out the smell and they still, a year later, can't get the house appraised for what's it would normally be worth. I doubt the smell goes away so easily.

I'm not an expert, but a neighbor, an elderly man here in SoCal died in his house, alone, and no one saw him walking his dogs for some time and ended up finding him in his house about 10 days after he died. From what the realtor who sold the house said, the entire floor had to be ripped up to get out the smell and they still, a year later, can't get the house appraised for what's it would normally be worth. I doubt the smell goes away so easily.

Exactly! I completely agree :yes:

OMG Jose must be out of his mind. Dr. Henry Lee, what a joke!

Phil Spector trial that's all I need to know about Dr. Lee. Not impressed in the least.

During Spector, the state sent away for Henry Lee's transcripts in the wrong manner. I'm not sure if they had to show up to request them, or call/fax to request them, or exactly what they had to do. Whichever way it was attempted, the school stated that's not the way they "do it." I don't know if Alan Jackson ever got the transcripts or not. I'd imagine if he did, it was too late to use them against Henry Lee while he was on the stand.

If I were prosecutors in this case, I would definitely be placing a call out to CA to talk to Alan Jackson though.

Can you imagine how it will play out if the public were to EVER find out that the good Henry Lee NEVER held the credentials he claimed to have held all these years?

How many convictions would be immediately overturned? What's even sadder though is, how many criminals are walking our streets because of him?

I sincerely hope JB pukes if the odor is still in the car!!!

During Spector, the state sent away for Henry Lee's transcripts in the wrong manner. I'm not sure if they had to show up to request them, or call/fax to request them, or exactly what they had to do. Whichever way it was attempted, the school stated that's not the way they "do it." I don't know if Alan Jackson ever got the transcripts or not. I'd imagine if he did, it was too late to use them against Henry Lee while he was on the stand.

If I were prosecutors in this case, I would definitely be placing a call out to CA to talk to Alan Jackson though.

Can you imagine how it will play out if the public were to EVER find out that the good Henry Lee NEVER held the credentials he claimed to have held all these years?

How many convictions would be immediately overturned? What's even sadder though is, how many criminals are walking our streets because of him?
When I read Dr.Lee rode into town to join the circus, I just about fell out of my chair. Have not heard much from the dr. lately, should of figured he would end up in Orlando.

He may have never smelled human decay before, so he may spin this one good and hard.

When my sister-in-law couldnt reach her father, my brother and her went over to his house. His car was in driveway, so my brother went in alone to make sure he was ok before my sis in law went in. He found him and he had been dead about a week. My brother says the smell was awful (I wont go into details about the rest) but to this day, 8 years later, my brother still remembers the smell and if he wants to diet he just thinks of the smell and loses 10 pounds. SO, my point is we might see a SLIM Baez in court in January and he might not get so close to KC in her cell anymore..:yuck:

No according to WFTV he has Henry Lee who worked on the Jon Benet case. He is supposed to be well known and can find the littlest of evidence. So I can't wait to see what they find that LE didn't.

ETA: They said the smell of death is still in the car months later according to LE so we shall see if JB faints from it. :D

Henry Lee is supposed to be a real bada$$!! I have seen him on some shows and he always is straight to the point. No messing around w/ him!

Ok - after reading other posts, maybe the one I am thinking of is a different Henry Lee -

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lululemonsleuth
Back