Defense wants prosecutor Jeff Ashton held in contempt

BBM - for me, it could go either way. Remember how the defense protested regarding the jailhouse video of Casey when she heard about the remains being found. Once released and we were able to view it, it really didn't show anything spectacular towards guilt or innocence. IMO, there was no reason for the defense to have objected to that video being released.

You are SO right. There were way too many moments of them throwing tantrums over nothing. That irritated the heck out of me! I bet this is another one of those moments. Gah! I swear if you look up the word immaturity, you'll find a picture of Casey with her defense team!

I can't help but wonder what the outcome would be if JA were found to be in contempt. A fine? $5000.00 maybe? 30 days in the county lock-up? Something else akin to community service? Something tells me that JA would be willing to pay the price of any or all of these punishments to make sure that the world knows the truth. If he were worried about it, he wouldn't have published it. IMO, he either knows there will be no problem, or he felt the ends justified the means. Either way, I am glad at least one person had the fortitude to stand up and do what was right for Caylee. No one else has. JMO.
BBM.. I'd like to add 2 more people who stood up for Caylee... Linda Drane Burdick and Frank George worked as hard for Caylee as Jeff Ashton did..

BBM.. I'd like to add 2 more people who stood up for Caylee... Linda Drane Burdick and Frank George worked as hard for Caylee as Jeff Ashton did..

Very true! I am still amazed that her family threw her aside. Literally. If not for the SA, she could have easily been forgotten.

I guess it's safe to say, we love JA ,and detest baby killers!! :great:
I think some can choose to forget how a little girl died...but it boggles my mind how they can ignore how she was left...dumped like trash, muzzled with tape and stuffed into bags. What "loving" mother would ever throw their child in a swamp? Cindy Anthony can rationalize that away...and IMHO, JA's opinion aside, that makes her one sick individual in my book.

I think some can choose to forget how a little girl died...but it boggles my mind how they can ignore how she was left...dumped like trash, muzzled with tape and stuffed into bags. What "loving" mother would ever throw their child in a swamp? Cindy Anthony can rationalize that away...and IMHO, JA's opinion aside, that makes her one sick individual in my book.

-----------------------
Hi, if I answered this I'd be banned for life...:floorlaugh:

BBM - for me, it could go either way. Remember how the defense protested regarding the jailhouse video of Casey when she heard about the remains being found. Once released and we were able to view it, it really didn't show anything spectacular towards guilt or innocence. IMO, there was no reason for the defense to have objected to that video being released.

at the time, there wasnt!! they were at that time still going for "zanny did it" and OCA's reaction on the tape could well have been interpreted either way as "oh god what did zanny do to my baby" OR "oh god, now everyone knows what I did to my baby"....it was MUCH worse after the OS of "accidental drowning" cause in NO way does OCA look like "oh god, that's right, my baby drowned accidentally" but she definitely looks like "oh god no one will EVER believe that duct tape was accidental"

Someone could suggest that DT stunts such as this supported their agenda to continue to sully the FL jury pool. The more the DT and CA & GA flooded the media with their meshuga and other ridiculous antics, which made OCA look even more guilty (if that was possible), they were sure to remain in the mindset of anyone in FL who cared about what happened to Caylee.

Three years of DT, CA and GA's carnival barking antics lead to the Pinellas 12 + the alternates being selected, and no justice for Caylee.

I hope that JA prevails here, I really do - I want this and other information released - if for no other reason to continue to shine a spotlight on the DT and OCA, and show them for what they really are.

-----------------------
Hi, if I answered this I'd be banned for life...:floorlaugh:

As would I! It's always been about Caylee Marie Anthony for us here at WS. Some just DON'T get it. :(

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...jeff-ashton-contempt-20111222,0,1945078.story

Defense wants Ashton to explain why he shouldn't be held in contempt for releasing information in sealed court files.

Anthony's defense attorney, Cheney Mason, filed the motion Wednesday. It asks Chief Judge Belvin Perry to compel Ashton to appear and tell the judge why he should not face contempt charges.

Of course the defense wants JA to explain why he "shouldn't" be held in contempt. They want him to do all the work for them, AGAIN. :floorlaugh:Why don't they explain WHY JA "should" be held in contempt?? Jeez...Mason didn't even bother to read the book, so he says. :innocent:

I love this attention on JA..boost his book sales and get him votes for his new campaign for State's Attorney! Go Jeff!! You will always be a winner in my book. I'm sure you are a winner in Caylee's too. :heartbeat:

And I want a new lathe for my shop and big feed of lobster, but it aint gonna happen. :blushing:

Of course the defense wants JA to explain why he "shouldn't" be held in contempt. They want him to do all the work for them, AGAIN. :floorlaugh:Why don't they explain WHY JA "should" be held in contempt?? Jeez...Mason didn't even bother to read the book, so he says. :innocent:

I love this attention on JA..boost his book sales and get him votes for his new campaign for State's Attorney! Go Jeff!! You will always be a winner in my book. I'm sure you are a winner in Caylee's too. :heartbeat:
Of course Mason wouldn't read Jeff Ashton's book.. He would have one of his gofers read it to him.. :crazy:

pshaw/(p)SHô/ Exclamation: An expression of contempt or impatience.

-------------------
Yeah, you will hear it used in old old movies (older than me) it was used by the La De Dahs like in disgust..:floorlaugh::seeya: ( sort of an Oh Pooh).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back