Defense What is their strategy? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was an accident, I think she would have been screaming that from the roof tops by now. Why risk going to trial and being convicted and sent to prison LWOP if it was an accident?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ytoylets-1.jpg

The accident theory will never fly with the duct tape, 31 days, and constant partying without a care in the world. No way.

That picture is so gross, I don't know how I missed that one. You couldn't pay me enough to touch my face to a public toilet.

This is the question I keep asking, why is this lawyer doing this ? As far as I know he has never worked a criminal case, his record is close to perfect in the civil arena, so WHY is he doing this ? Maybe he developed a sudden urge for the limelight ? I am at a loss here.

First of all, the guy may be good in civil cases, but he is another idiot about Florida law - she can't get bond........duhhhhhhh

I think George is going UNDER the bus.
He set himself up by saying he "saw" Caylee the morning if the 16th when she was obviously already dead. KC is going to say George abused her and maybe even say he molested her. When Cindy choked her the night of the 15th she left and that is why she was out partying - she "thought" her parents had Caylee.

They will set it up as an accident
with George and since he had the only other key to her car, he put Caylee in the trunk of KC's car. KC found her and had a psychotic break after George told her he would kill her and the whole family if she told. He told her he would get her out of it if she would keep her mouth shut. If she didn't keep her mouth shut they were all dead. Because he bought a gun when she was out on bail, she has her proof.

First of all, the guy may be good in civil cases, but he is another idiot about Florida law - she can't get bond........duhhhhhhh

He set himself up by saying he "saw" Caylee the morning if the 16th when she was obviously already dead. KC is going to say George abused her and maybe even say he molested her. When Cindy choked her the night of the 15th she left and that is why she was out partying - she "thought" her parents had Caylee.

with George and since he had the only other key to her car, he put Caylee in the trunk of KC's car. KC found her and had a psychotic break after George told her he would kill her and the whole family if she told. He told her he would get her out of it if she would keep her mouth shut. If she didn't keep her mouth shut they were all dead. Because he bought a gun when she was out on bail, she has her proof.

:eek:

And good point about the bond, hello Sarah :eek:

TT, I always enjoy your posts. :)

If this wasn't the defense's "plan" already...I can hear JB in his office..."DO OVER!!!" :crazy:

It's still not realistic to me (which is why I would NEVER get picked for this jury), but it's one of the more reasonable ideas I've heard...

wow - didn't LP say the truth would shock the world? (This is pure speculation though, right? Sounds almost believable.

Last night, we were pondering the fact that she is setting up this defense: it was an accident, chloroform from boyfriend is what caused it, and hoping to get out of jail in 10 years. I don't think a jury will buy the manic-depression reaction to the death, because it was really no different than her normal, everyday lifestyle.

Really she'd still be young and getting off easy if she gets 10 years, so perhaps they are hoping she is convicted on a lesser charge.

However, I think her lack of remorse will get her a longer stay in prison than 10 years.
It seems to me that before the body was found, there was some sort of deal on the table. Maybe KC would say there was an accident and she freaked, and she would lead the police to the body for a relatively light sentence, possibly for as litte as 10 years. Police usually do deals to get a body, especially when a child is involved. Geraldo had said there was a deal on the table. People were poking around in the area where the body was ultimately found. George and Cindy suddendly became emotional wrecks at that time, and visably so. Mark Nejame quit. Then, looking sullen and hollow, the Anthonys started the Caylee sightings leading to Larry King. They could have been made aware that the body hunt was on to do a deal, which caused their decline and they could have been using the media to put pressure on the police for a good deal.

After the body was found, I think all prior offers came off the table, and that's where we are now. The prosecution intends to put this littlebabykiller with the big eyes and the big lies away for ever, leaving the defense with a horrible mess to try to defend this awful woman and absolutely no good way to mount any defense that has a realistic chance of works. Just like KC waited too long to report her baby missing, she waited too long to deal. Now, it's too late for the defense, so, they're stonewalling, stalling, blaming the innocent and playing games. It's so frustrating that they even try. It doesn't seem to serve justice, but hell, if they want to go for innocent, let them. It drives me crazy though. People can spout justice for Casey all they want, but where the hell in this gawd-awful mess of a American 'justice system' is there justice for Caylee Marie Anthony, the ONLY CMA who SHOULD matter here, but who doesn't even seem to matter to her own family. This case is just maddening. It's more proof to me that however just and good our system used to be, it's not anymore. It's just broken. Justice delayed like this, and played like this, is justice denied. When someone's baby goes missing and unaccounted for, for a long period of time, UNREPORTED, that should be all anyone has to prove to put the person who lost their child in jail FOREVER!

Honestly, it reminds me of the teasers at the end of TV shows...*NEXT WEEK...A TWIST SO SHOCKING* Blah, blah, blah. All talk, nothing to back it up. They are trying to create reasonable doubt, trying to form their jury. JMO, as always.

ITA. What else is he going to say? "The evidence against her is overwhelming and I doubt she is innocent, but I'm going to try to get her off."

I can't wait for big mouth to bring it on. As I've said before, most people's sympathy lies with murdered children. Good luck to him.

Haven't read this thread all through but in today's news Maculuso is saying "she should not be in jail." Wow. I wonder who SHOULD be then? Cause someone definitely was up to no good. And it ain't the imaginary babysitter.

ETA: searthfortruth, looks like we posted at the same time!

Hmmm - Lawyer jokes come to mind..... :D

Bold by me

Told myself I was just gonna walk away from my computer for this case...just stop being obsessed...."just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again".

I believe most of the public would love to be proven wrong. To be shown that a mother wouldn't/couldn't murder her own child. Other than hearing "you don't know the Casey I know" or "the story will prove her innocence" or "we'll be shocked by what happened", etc....we know what we know....and a good deal of our info came from the defendants own mouth. IF, in fact, there IS some sort of "evidence" (as per TM - the newest lawyer)that will help the public understand, or even be able to prove her innocent...other than the cockamamie stories we've heard so far....just shed some light on these circumstances.

ETA : Obvious introspective mood today..:crazy:

Thanks, I appreciate this- also could the possiblity of an accident story be to just plant a doubt? Even if it didn't happen, but it could have.

Personally, using the name she did makes sense...at least if you killed your daughter and you're trying to get away with it.

Keep in mind how many undocumented/illegal aliens live in Central Florida (The GAO (Governments General Accounting Office) estimates that around 700,000 illegal aliens enter the United States EVERY YEAR.)

Casey can easily say that ZFG wouldn't show up on any data bases since she wasn't here legally.

IMO the one fact that can put Casey in prison for life is the phone call she says she got from ZFG. If phone records prove she never received that phone call...I think that will shoot the biggest hole in her ZFG story.

It seems to me that before the body was found, there was some sort of deal on the table. Maybe KC would say there was an accident and she freaked, and she would lead the police to the body for a relatively light sentence, possibly for as litte as 10 years. Police usually do deals to get a body, especially when a child is involved. Geraldo had said there was a deal on the table. People were poking around in the area where the body was ultimately found. George and Cindy suddendly became emotional wrecks at that time, and visably so. Mark Nejame quit. Then, looking sullen and hollow, the Anthonys started the Caylee sightings leading to Larry King. They could have been made aware that the body hunt was on to do a deal, which caused their decline and they could have been using the media to put pressure on the police for a good deal.

After the body was found, I think all prior offers came off the table, and that's where we are now. The prosecution intends to put this littlebabykiller with the big eyes and the big lies away for ever, leaving the defense with a horrible mess to try to defend this awful woman and absolutely no good way to mount any defense that has a realistic chance of works. Just like KC waited too long to report her baby missing, she waited too long to deal. Now, it's too late for the defense, so, they're stonewalling, stalling, blaming the innocent and playing games. It's so frustrating that they even try. It doesn't seem to serve justice, but hell, if they want to go for innocent, let them. It drives me crazy though. People can spout justice for Casey all they want, but where the hell in this gawd-awful mess of a American 'justice system' is there justice for Caylee Marie Anthony, the ONLY CMA who SHOULD matter here, but who doesn't even seem to matter to her own family. This case is just maddening. It's more proof to me that however just and good our system used to be, it's not anymore. It's just broken. Justice delayed like this, and played like this, is justice denied. When someone's baby goes missing and unaccounted for, for a long period of time, UNREPORTED, that should be all anyone has to prove to put the person who lost their child in jail FOREVER!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ITA! I think a deal was on the table at that time and they were floating 'accident' but seeking less time, thus applying pressure.

It also explains why LE were not so concerned about DC searching that area one month before and why LE used his interview more to seek other info rather than focus on who was calling and directing BC.

I think they are going to put together an amazing Hollywood style conspiracy theory that ties in the illegal alien Nanny, threats, script, drugs, gangs and, Haleigh missing into one.

KC has provided some seeds with the Nanny kidnapper who cannot be traced, the script and, the threats to family. Obviously this new TM attorney is great at taking a LOT of loose ends and explaining them away to convince a Jury.

It won't fool those, like WS who have studied the case BUT it will fool Joe Q Public and it will frustrate the h3ll out of us that the Jury are buying it as 'plausible', even though incredulous --- folks like a cliff hanger with a twist and surprise ending. Justice perverted, Hollywood style. Justice Denied -- for the victim.

I wonder if JB has gotten in touch with any Hollywood script writers?

VB

Casey's new lawyer, Macaluso said "she should not be in jail right now", well then I don't understand why they aren't shouting from the Court house steps about this travesty of justice, IF they really have proof that she is "innocent". Seems to me like a lot of big statements are being made from Casey's new attorney, I just wonder what proof he has to back these statements up.

Only proof they have is what Princess Liar told them. :crazy:

I am sure the jurors won't be wowed by these so called high priced attys/experts because most people don't even know who they are to begin with..unless you are a crime buff and have heard about these people. I had never heard of Baden before and quite frankly, outside of Dr Lee, I have never heard of any of these people. I betcha Dr. Lee is never called to the stand, especially after his Phil Spector fiasco. :rolleyes:

I was thinking maybe they could say ZFG was illegal or she was giving KC a fake name and that is why she didn't show up in databases. STILL if that was the case and they believed this person was out there, why wouldnt' they have KC work with a sketch artist and really try to find this person? They are doing NOTHING to find her which makes me question them going that route. Also, I don't think anyone would buy KC knowing GA was involved if they see the jail house videos. KC always gets emotional and tells her dad how much she loves him and misses him whenever she gets on the phone with him. If there is anyone she seems to be pissed off at/feeling awkward talking to it was CA.

Only proof they have is what Princess Liar told them. :crazy:

I am sure the jurors won't be wowed by these so called high priced attys/experts because most people don't even know who they are to begin with..unless you are a crime buff and have heard about these people. I had never heard of Baden before and quite frankly, outside of Dr Lee, I have never heard of any of these people. I betcha Dr. Lee is never called to the stand, especially after his Phil Spector fiasco. :rolleyes:

EXACTLY! And IMO, I'm glad that Floridians will make up the jury. First of all, your typical Floridian doesn't seem like the type of person to be wow-ed by bigwig names or like you said, even be that familiar with most of them. Also, FL is a pretty conservative state for the most part and therefore I expect these people to be more harsh on her and her behavior following the murder. Sorry if I'm stereotyping but that's just how I feel I guess. If this trial was in NYC or Cali (especially LA) I would be a little more skeptical but I have faith that these people will be able to see beyond all the BS and spins the defense will try to give :)

Does anyone think the defense could make a theory about a cult of night club vampires fly? That's at least as good as the van full of hippie types in Modesto, don't ya think? From the looks of the creepy 20 somethings in all the Fusian pics, I think they got a shot. Surely one of those gang hand signs they're always making is code for "I suck blood"?

Just kidding, it's Friday night, I get silly.

All the defense can do is hammer away at the forensic evidence. And actually that is not such a bad ploy on their part. There are so many things to question about such evidence.. question the credentials of the persons gathering it, or the people who processed it.. question the 'junk science' aspect of it all.. question the motives of LE, claim they had developed tunnel vison towards KC..(probably true enough, but so have most of us)..comes a time when no other explanation is possible, no matter how one tries to be objective.

Casey is a proven liar. Her attorneys know it. LE knows it. Her parents and friends know it. (Even we know it)!

Other than being paid to do so, why would her attorneys believe this "accident" theory from the lips of a known liar.

I was just astounded when, at the Universal interview, LE called her out on her lies, she acknowledged they were lies, and then told them she was sticking to her story.

Accident? Do you wrap duct tape around the head and face of an accident victim? And then put a heart sticker on that duct tape? Two trash bags and a laundry bag? And then dispose of the body like garbage? And NEVER tell anyone that the child is missing? And then tell one unbelievable lie after another?

Are her attorneys that gullible? Oh, pul-ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti