Did Caylee Have Any Playmates?

Caylee was the most photographed child I have ever heard of and rest assured that if she had had any little friends there would have been cute pictures of them playing.

Caylee was the most photographed child I have ever heard of and rest assured that if she had had any little friends there would have been cute pictures of them playing.

i never, ever thought of that!
you're quite right caroline.

I agree with this, the time that Caylee spent with Casey was less than ideal, to put it mildly. I think the time she spent with the A's was quality time, going to the beach, playing dress up, swimming with grammy in the pool, playing in the yard, going for walks in her wagon, reading together in the rocking chair. Lot's of little girls don't have those things. It's such a shame that Casey's selfishness took it all away from Caylee and from her grandparents.

I agree. regardless of how dysfunctional I find the Anthony's, Cindy and George's love and adoration for Caylee is obvious. I really don't think she was ever neglected in any sense of the word- she was their world!

You are so right....not one pic of Caylee with another little child. Wouldn't that be cool if we could see a pic like this? It would give me a little piece of comfort to know that this little baby had something normal in her life.

I can remember one of Casey's boyfriends stating that Caylee would walk up to him and say "hey dude!" This in of itself is not so weird, but void of any semblence of a normal childhood, it struck me as sad. Hanging with Casey's latest boyfriend was Caylee's world, not Sesame Street or Dora.

(btw, I also would love to see a pic of George pulling Caylee in her little red wagon.)

You are so right....not one pic of Caylee with another little child. Wouldn't that be cool if we could see a pic like this? It would give me a little piece of comfort to know that this little baby had something normal in her life.

Respectfully snipped.

While I completely agree that Casey neglected her and she did not have a "normal" socialized life, I also do think that one of the reasons that we may not see a photo of Caylee with other kids is that the other parent would have to give permission for that photo to be shown and personally, I wouldn't want photos of my kids splashed all over.

Respectfully snipped.

While I completely agree that Casey neglected her and she did not have a "normal" socialized life, I also do think that one of the reasons that we may not see a photo of Caylee with other kids is that the other parent would have to give permission for that photo to be shown and personally, I wouldn't want photos of my kids splashed all over.

I don't really think such a parent exists that has a pic of their child playing with Caylee. Do you? (my whole point of this thread). Wonder if the A's have any such pix?

Respectfully snipped.

HMMMMMM. So does that mean that the pic from the mall of the lil girl who looked like Caylee, her parents gave permission to put that baby's out for the world to view.

If they didn't get permission-------could they be sued? If they got the pic with permission then it was all a big fat fraud. Well, it was. lol

Is there such a thing as a daddy and me group? I could see Casey signing up for that. Hanging out with a bunch of other single moms and their children would have held little appeal for her.

As a daddy that has his girl to himself 3 days a week, I can tell you...no....there are no daddy clubs and the mommy and me clubs usually exclude the daddies. I've have gotten the cold shoulder by many a group of women at the park who assume a man out with his daughter on a weekday must be an unemployed loser.

But getting back to KC. I think there have been no pics released with other kids to protect the other kids. My DD is a couple days older than KC and we've done a lot of socialization with her but a lot of the time she just wants to stay home and play with her Barbie dolls. At 2 years old, kids don't play with other kids much. They parallel play. Meaning they'll play alone, next to other children but they don't really form those interactive relationships until about 4 or 5. (depending on the child)

As a daddy that has his girl to himself 3 days a week, I can tell you...no....there are no daddy clubs and the mommy and me clubs usually exclude the daddies. I've have gotten the cold shoulder by many a group of women at the park who assume a man out with his daughter on a weekday must be an unemployed loser.

snip

Some women are their own worst enemies.

Some women are their own worst enemies.

Wouldn't it have been cool if Casey had met a guy like this instead of all the party boys she preferred? (oops....forgot, she already did...Jesse G....but then again, she was jealous of his love and attention towards little Caylee)
Poor, sweet, baby

PattyMarie: I had wondered the very same thing a number of times over the last few months. When my son sends pictures of my darling granddaughter - half of them are her with friends, in the playground, at the baby sitters, at birthday parties. I too noticed the lack of other children in pictures of Caylee and it just broke my heart.

You went much more deeply into the question than I ever did and I would like to know the answer too. the only thing I can think of is that no pictures of Caylee with other kids were ever released just to preserve the privacy of the other families.

It bothered me also. Kids need to be able to play with kids. Heck, I even set up play dates for my dog!

I have one grandchild, and I'm so thankful that he will soon have a little brother or sister AND a cousin. Before too long he'll have a ready-made "troop" to play with. I repeat...kids need to be able to play with kids!

My 22 month old sees his cousin once a week and that's about it. We take him to play at the playground, we go to Disney 1-2 times a month, go for walks most days, and he gets to spend time at Grandma's AND Great-Grandma's almost every day. We've done the Little Gym and may go back, but he seems to get more out of unstructured play right now.

It's hard to make good social connections at age two, lol. He enjoys seeing his cousin, but more often than not they'll just have baby spat over who gets to sit in the big plastic car. N will say "BYE!" and wave when he wants his cousin to leave. Or when it's time to put his PJs on. Or when I try to get him off the slides...

My 22 month old sees his cousin once a week and that's about it. We take him to play at the playground, we go to Disney 1-2 times a month, go for walks most days, and he gets to spend time at Grandma's AND Great-Grandma's almost every day. We've done the Little Gym and may go back, but he seems to get more out of unstructured play right now.

It's hard to make good social connections at age two, lol. He enjoys seeing his cousin, but more often than not they'll just have baby spat over who gets to sit in the big plastic car. N will say "BYE!" and wave when he wants his cousin to leave. Or when it's time to put his PJs on. Or when I try to get him off the slides...
All of what you're doing is more kid socializing than Caylee probably ever saw...

Well, between the ages of 2 and 3 my kids weren't really playing with other kids either..... not until they started pre-school. The only exceptions being family get togethers when they'd see their cousins.

Caylee's social life (or lack thereof) doesn't seem that odd imo.

Well, between the ages of 2 and 3 my kids weren't really playing with other kids either..... not until they started pre-school. The only exceptions being family get togethers when they'd see their cousins.

It does to me compared to all the efforts I went to to socialize my toddler daughter...
Yup, we were in playgroups from the time she was a baby, Gymboree groups (Play gym classes), Storytimes at the library and bookstores (Borders and Barnes & Noble), and zoo outings and other play places with her baby cousins, and my daughter is an only child. Pre-school wouldn't take them before 2 yr 9 mo. and potty-trained, but then there was summer break, so she was almost 3.5 when she started. She still was very socialized. She also played with neighbor kids when she was 2 and younger. There's no excuse, other than Casey's selfishness for Caylee not playing with any other kids!:furious:

Is there such a thing as a daddy and me group? I could see Casey signing up for that. Hanging out with a bunch of other single moms and their children would have held little appeal for her.
Your right. She would not have been able to be the center of attention when other women with their kids are around. Seriously, I'll bet she would have joined a daddy and me class, she would have thrived on trying to get the attention of the men.

It sure does to me. Poor thing. No evidence of any normal children's milieau, other than what her grandparents provided. Are you telling me that the only environment your children had between ages 2 and 3 was inside your house?

What do you think Casey was doing with Caylee everyday? Was it similar to what you provided for your own little toddlers? And do you think it was normal what Casey provided on a day-to-day basis for her baby? And do you think LE has noticed this?

All of what you're doing is more kid socializing than Caylee probably ever saw...

Remember the discussion with someone on here, I believe, and he said he had been to her party and that there were no other children there. I think several others may have made this observation as well.There were no other little children -- just adults. And that is so sad. My grandson's parties are peppered with kids. He is three and is surrounded by at least 12-15 other 2-5 year olds for his parties. All of them having a blast. Surely George and/or Cindy had to have thought this was odd? Did anyone attending think it was odd? Maybe not, because so many of her friends were young and childless, but come on now...

Remember the discussion with someone on here, I believe, and he said he had been to her party and that there were no other children there. I think several others may have made this observation as well.There were no other little children -- just adults. And that is so sad. My grandson's parties are peppered with kids. He is three and is surrounded by at least 12-15 other 2-5 year olds for his parties. All of them having a blast. Surely George and/or Cindy had to have thought this was odd? Did anyone attending think it was odd? Maybe not, because so many of her friends were young and childless, but come on now...
We even had several kids, some older and a clown at her first birthday party! Most clowns didn't want to do it for a 1-year-old, but my daughter was very observant and loved his balloon tricks and animals.

:eek: Your right! I never thought about that. I have lots of pics of my kids with their friends, at all ages. That damn Casey just treated her like a thing. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back